Kill Your Completion 11

1 hour ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Game #5: Day of the Tentacle Remastered

L479a37.png

I played this game a few KYC's ago. Save yourself the frustration and use a guide, because the puzzles make absolutely no sense. Most point-and-click games have some logic to them, like - I found a locked door, I happen to have a key in my inventory, I should try it on the door. In Day of the Tentacle, they have puzzles like - I have dog poop in my inventory, so of course, I should put it in the windsock! 

Ironically, I also played GoT for a KYC as well, and like you, I had little to no exposure to the books or show. Some kind person on this site explained that some of the peripheral characters in the game are also in the show, but the House with all the main characters you control is not. The story is pretty dire. It's like being in the bottom of a latrine; everytime you feel a glimmer of hope and look up, another round of shit comes raining down on you. And like other Telltale games, it feel like you have choices, but you really don't. I wasn't happy with a decision I made, so I replayed the chapter and no matter what dialogue choices I made, the same outcome happened. Argh!

Good luck! 

I've been going back to Torment Tides of Numenara and am at around 10 hours now I think. I have one final area left in the city, before I'll leave for a new area.

Looking at the trophy stats for this game is quite interesting actually.

• Almost 25% of the owners didn't even finish the tutorial.
  • Close to 50% gave up during the 10-15 minute section between the end of the tutorial and entering the city.
  • Nearly 80% didn't finish the 2nd main quest.
  • However, 50% of those that finished the 2nd main quest also ended up seeing the game through until the end.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

On 11/14/2019 at 10:58 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

I've been going back to Torment Tides of Numenara and am at around 10 hours now I think. I have one final area left in the city, before I'll leave for a new area.

Looking at the trophy stats for this game is quite interesting actually.

• Almost 25% of the owners didn't even finish the tutorial.
  • Close to 50% gave up during the 10-15 minute section between the end of the tutorial and entering the city.
  • Nearly 80% didn't finish the 2nd main quest.
  • However, 50% of those that finished the 2nd main quest also ended up seeing the game through until the end.

Interesting stats, I did wonder why it was so rare - I have my eyes on that and PoE to play on PSNow, so your review gives me a better idea of what to expect

1 hour ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

@voodoo_eyes Is it possible to add another game to my list?  

Cat Quest

From what I've noticed, you had picked 5 games with 6 days attributed to each. You only ended up doing the 1st game that way. and then just introduced games one after another. The idea is that you get the X amount of days to play the 1 game, if you're done or finished you're not supposed to start the next one earlier. You've now introduced all the games from your list while we're still halway through the event. You could've done a 2 in1 with some of the shorter games, like I did with Ghost Blade + Elea, and add a few more games from the start.

What we can do now is have you pick either 4 games and give each 4 days or pick 5 and dedicate 3 days to each. I really don't want people to start drip-feeding 1 game at a time though, so just adding the one won't do, sorry.

@Mesopithecus IPersonally I think PoE is the better game, but it also has more technical issues.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

19 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

@DamagingRob - Re: Tales of Zestiria - I'm one of the gamers that didn't like Zestiria (preferred Berseria), but the best part for me was the "sword in the stone" moment.

That seems to be the consensus, from what I've seen and heard. At least if it does go downhill from here, I can finally buy and play Berseria after.