Kill Your Completion 11

11 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Conclusion... there still isn't a better mech game than Mechwarrior 3 from 1999

I got to this point of the sentence and then my brain said "But what about..."

11 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

(and Mechcommander from 1998, I guess).

and then I finished the sentence and felt satisfaction...

14 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I got to this point of the sentence and then my brain said "But what about..."

and then I finished the sentence and felt satisfaction...

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I wanted to include that one at first, as it's more of a strategy game with mechs. Not to mention that it's even older than the other game, which is even sadder.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

I haven't played either of those, and kinda surprised me with the negative 2nd Runner review. That's supposed to be the better one, from what I've heard. Guess I'll just assume it'll be on par with the first game, and either be right or pleasantly surprised.

And while I'm here, I have been slowly chipping away at this Dissidia grind. The Summon fight I was struggling to beat on Hard before, only took me a couple of tries yesterday. My offline rank had been maxed out by then, so that could have made the difference. Except for Leviathan and Bahamut (who I had beaten already), they all only took one or two tries, in fact. So maxing out your offline rank before tackling them may be a good idea. Guides say a certain level, but you'll be grinding for treasures anyway, so might as well make it easier. 

30 more Ranked wins to go, and I'll just have the treasure grind left. Already over 100 hours with some idling and waiting to get into matches.. Don't know how long it will take to level up 130 more times for the final trophy. :/

Edited by DamagingRob

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I haven't played either of those, and kinda surprised me with the negative 2nd Runner review. That's supposed to be the better one, from what I've heard. Guess I'll just assume it'll be on par with the first game, and either be right or pleasantly surprised.

That's what I heard too, which is why I picked the supposedly better one. Considering the first is sitting at 78 and the 2nd at 82 on metacritic (for whatever that is worth) , both should be equally good (or mediocre when it comes to my view on them). To be fair, I have not yet finished the game, so at least when it comes to the environments being bland, it could change depending on what is still to come.

Thing is I actually ended up watching a few reviews on 2nd Runner, and none referred to how bad the targeting system is, which I find very odd. That's not even opinion based, as it's a problem with the game mechanic. Funnily enough most also referred to the first one being a lot worse, yet the scores for both aren't too far off.

• Like 1

Just giving a quick update on Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner, as I've finished the game now. It took under 4 hours to complete, and my opinion didn't really change on it. There is little variety in environments even later on. Most of the game is either in barren canyons or corridors/hangars and their colour tone is still held in grey and brown. The only good mission was one that took place in the air where you had to take out 5 massive battleships. The rest was just slashing through hordes of similar looking mechs and the odd boss battles. Those while having some interesting mechanics on occasion, are still underwhelming.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

@voodoo_eyesI am also going to make a last minute change to my list, and replace the Touhou game with NieR: Automata. End the event with a bang, rather than a wimper. :P I don't even know what Touhou is, and only paid a couple bucks for it. It can stay in the backlog, so I can play something that's long overdue (NieR was a Black Friday purchase last year :/). 

Aww, I was looking forward to Touhou Double Focus. ?

That's okay. Play what you really want to play. I'm sure you'll play Touhou Double Focus next time.  

• Like 1