Ultra Rare Cleanup 2020

17 minutes ago, Wise_Mans_Fears said:

Welcome aboard! And wow, what a nice list of ultra rare games you have completed! You'll have to give me some tips on shooters, haha. Ikaruga is going to destroy me!

Thx :) well besides having good reflexea and practice alot, not much else i can share. 

Ikaruga is different from regular shmups though. Its not your typical dodge and shoot. The 1cc trophies are not so bad bur the S++ trophies will push to your limit. Good luck on that one! 

I'll join up with this. It will complement going into the end of the Weeblympics event which was about Japanese style UR plats in celebration of the Olympics in Japan next summer.  Maybe it will drive me forward in finishing more.  I'll post my list later tonight or tomorrow.

Another thing that might get more involvement is if you move this to the Community Events section? This is where things like this usually hang out and you may get more people participating.

14 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

I'll join up with this. It will complement going into the end of the Weeblympics event which was about Japanese style UR plats in celebration of the Olympics in Japan next summer.  Maybe it will drive me forward in finishing more.  I'll post my list later tonight or tomorrow.

Another thing that might get more involvement is if you move this to the Community Events section? This is where things like this usually hang out and you may get more people participating.

Hey, thanks for joining! I went to post it there, but it wouldn't let me post it. How would I move it there? Also, I'd love to join the Weeblympics, I'll have to look into that. Thanks in advance!

22 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Thx :) well besides having good reflexea and practice alot, not much else i can share. 

Ikaruga is different from regular shmups though. Its not your typical dodge and shoot. The 1cc trophies are not so bad bur the S++ trophies will push to your limit. Good luck on that one! 

Haha, that's fair. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, EdgeHosenka said:

I have a suggest, next time could you give a list of maybe 20-30 game ultra rare, and participant need to complete number of game he want please ? 

Hello, you can choose whatever games you'd like. The idea is really to pick up any games you might already own that have ultra rare platinums, whether it be due to difficulty or length. There are no minimum requirements on how many games you need to pick or how many you need to finish truthfully. It's really about having fun and finishing some of those hard games you've always wanted to play!

Edited by Wise_Mans_Fears
Typos
  • Like 1

I'm in as well. Wanna get some more UR Plats to get an A-Z list so i'm going for these at least:

spacer.png

Le5bb8a.png

Unravel 2:platinum: Rarity: 1.98%. Personal progress: 16%

Lbdff31.png

Worms Battlegrounds. :platinum:: 1.31%. ?% trophies: 0.46%. Personal: 15% (DLC bought)

Lcfdfa3.png

X-Morph Defense. :platinum:: 4.84%. Personal: 0% (i fear it'll go to VR if i get this plat :()

Le88983.png

Mirror's Edge:platinum: 3.03%. ?% trophies: 0.66%. Personal: 51% (dlc not bought)

I have some more games i can add later. I'll continue with Unravel 2 right away, that should be finished before the next year starts...

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I'm in as well. Wanna get some more UR Plats to get an A-Z list so i'm going for these at least:

Unravel 2. Plat Rarity: 1.98%. Personal progress: 16%

Worms Battlegrounds. Plat: 1.31%. 100% trophies: 0.46%. Personal: 15%

X-Morph Defense. Plat: 4.84%. Personal: 0% (i fear it'll go to VR if i get this plat :(

Mirror's Edge. Plat 3.03%. 100% trophies: 0.66%. Personal: 51%

I have some games i can add later

Welcome and thanks for joining! Looks like a fun list, haha.

The Weeblympics is, I don't want to say dead, but sort of a self-motivated thing now. A few of us still post our completions on the thread but the OP seems to have gone offline (it started on 2017). Some of us continue to keep it alive with our completion posts but the activity has slowly dropped off. The anticipation was people would submit lists of 20+ eligible Japanese-themed(ish) UR plats to complete over a 3 year period ending at the kickoff of the 2020 Summer Games.  We started with about 30-40 participants but I think we are down to about 10-12 that still stay active.

Here's the link. 

Most of us just keep track of our own stats as the spreadsheet hasn't been updated in quite a while.

2 minutes ago, Wise_Mans_Fears said:

Hey, thanks for joining! I went to post it there, but it wouldn't let me post it. How would I move it there? Also, I'd love to join the Weeblympics, mind sharing a link? If not, I can look for it myself. Thanks in advance!

Haha, that's fair. Thanks!

I moved it already. Should be all set.

Go ahead and sign me up while you're at it! Lol. My suggestion would be to have a participant list with their selected games or at the very least, have it say 0/3 or 0/5 (or however many games are listed) and keep the OP updated. I think there's a few people here who are artistic that can provide a banner or emblems for earning URs.

I'm looking to get 2 UR plats before 2021

Raw Data (0.95%)

Borderlands: TPS (4.33%)

I'm also planning to get Dark Cloud 2 (3.92%) done, but I'm not sure how quick I'll be able to get that though! I may more games add later on.

6 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

The Weeblympics is, I don't want to say dead, but sort of a self-motivated thing now. A few of us still post our completions on the thread but the OP seems to have gone offline (it started on 2017). Some of us continue to keep it alive with our completion posts but the activity has slowly dropped off. The anticipation was people would submit lists of 20+ eligible Japanese-themed(ish) UR plats to complete over a 3 year period ending at the kickoff of the 2020 Summer Games.  We started with about 30-40 participants but I think we are down to about 10-12 that still stay active.

Here's the link. 

Most of us just keep track of our own stats as the spreadsheet hasn't been updated in quite a while.

Thank you for the info! And how do I get this moved over to the Community Event page? Edit: It seems someone has done it for me.

3 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I moved it already. Should be all set.

Go ahead and sign me up while you're at it! Lol. My suggestion would be to have a participant list with their selected games or at the very least, have it say 0/3 or 0/5 (or however many games are listed) and keep the OP updated. I think there's a few people here who are artistic that can provide a banner or emblems for earning URs.

I'm looking to get 2 UR plats before 2021

Raw Data (0.95%)

Borderlands: TPS (4.33%)

I'm also planning to get Dark Cloud 2 (3.92%) done, but I'm not sure how quick I'll be able to get that though! I may more games add later on.

I'll add you to the list! And yes, I'd love for people to help with banners and signature trophy rewards for completion. I will definitely look at organizing the participant list a little more, as you have suggested. I tried creating a hyperlink that would jump you to a person's original post to see their list, but I couldn't quite figure it out. I'm currently getting ready for work, but I will try to work on the OP tonight and tomorrow as time allows. I'm glad so many people have already hopped on board! This will be great motivation. 

Edited by Wise_Mans_Fears
Post Additions

For me i try to have this platiniums :)

1S6dd432.png Fast and furious : 2.39%

1S693454.png Kung Fu Panda Showdown of legendary Legends : 0.66%

1Sf45e9b.png Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 : 0.48%

1Sf45e9b.png Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 : 0.94%

1S5f74cc.png Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 : 0.54%

1S4e4e8a.pngWipeout Omega Collection : 1.98%

1S2345fc.png Forced : 1.45%

1S2d740a.png Street Fighter X Tekken 1.52%

1S9b6f79.png Street Fighter V : 1.37%

1Sf4da67.png Devil May Cry 5 : 3.94%

1Sd0a15c.png Devil May Cry 4 : 2.70%

1S3b47ec.png Far Cry 2 : 0.56%

1Sf61510.png Elite Dangerous : 0.21%

1Sfe45d1.png Pox Nora : 0.49%

1S8125ab.png The Elder Scroll Online : 0.14% 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, EdgeHosenka said:

1S693454.png Kung Fu Panda Showdown of legendary Legends : 0.66%

I will boost this one with you if you need someone! I've been meaning to start it since it was on PS+ but the PvP trophies was putting me off...

But back on topic:

I already signed up for the A-Z 2020 event with a bunch of UR Plats, but I may join this too, and add some other UR games that I'll start between now and 1st Jan...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Wise_Mans_Fears said:

I tried creating a hyperlink that would jump you to a person's original post to see their list, but I couldn't quite figure it out. I'm currently getting ready for work, but I will try to work on the OP tonight and tomorrow as time allows. I'm glad so many people have already hopped on board! This will be great motivation. 

It's easier to do it on a computer than phone, but you should be able to drop someone's name under hyperlink or something like that and you can put a link in there and mask it to have everyone's forum name on it. I think it'd be cool to have everyone's first post linked instead of their profile though. You could always do check marks next to the name to signify how many URs they've earned. Probably less maintenance on your end.

Good luck everyone, but I'm not joining (seeing my progress on Weeblympic, it will be pointless to join this.. Still I will be getting my UR at the sidelines, since I plan to plat FighterZ next weekend, and still want to at least get Dissidia plat before the Weeblympic end, doubt that I will get more than those.. Maybe Caligula Effect or Modnations, or LBP vita, LBP3, or Blazblue Central Fiction, but I see my UR progress being really slow in the next years..). 

@Wise_Mans_Fears

I'm considering joining. I'm going to be a little busy for a while, so I won't have the time to commit to this fully until much later.

Anyway, I have a few questions.

1. Are people allowed to join anytime they want before January 21st, 2021 or do you have to join before a certain date that's not January 21st, 2021?
  2. Are participants allowed to make additions to their original list?
  3. What is you favorite flavor of pudding? 

Even if I don't join, I wish everyone good luck and I'll be keeping an eye on everything that goes on here. 

Sounds good.  I'll join with 12 games, 7 of which I've already started.

Spoiler

1S7c5e4c.png MLB The Show 19 (0.29%) (90% complete)
1S9a6cc5.png Crawl (0.53%) (54% complete)
1S40c07e.png Trackmania Turbo (0.61%) (73% complete)
1Sf4f6fe.png Blackhole (1.75%) (28% complete)
1S93b3f5.png NeuroVoider (1.90%)
1S953564.png Divinity: Original Sin (2.08%) (84% complete)
1S4ee314.png Battle Worlds: Kronos (2.65%) (35% complete)
1S96a6be.png Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (2.75%)
1S62d48c.png The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human (2.88%)
1Sbc44b8.png Vikings: Wolves of Midgard (3.78%)
1Sa77bf6.png Hollow Knight (3.95%) (91% complete)
1S76ca45.png Shadow Warrior 2 (4.40%)

I think these are doable, but we'll see how it goes...

• Like 2

I'll hop in on this. It's pretty much my intention to finish these sooner rather than later anyway. I think I'll shoot for trying to finish of these per month, starting in November. We'll see how I do.

And in no particular order, I present to you my list!

Spoiler

1Se36a49.png Bendy and the Ink Machine - 4.77% - 71% complete

1Sac2c5d.png Axiom Verge - 4.58% - 4% complete

1Sf83457.png Red Dead Redemption 2 - 1.81% - 4% complete

1Saa25d3.png Lords of the Fallen - 4.35% - 68% complete

1S4adccd.png - The Banner Saga - 3.89% - Not Started

1S8f593e.png Tera - 4.08% - 10% complete

1S08f308.png Beat Saber - 4.09% - 36% complete

1S0e6ebc.png Extinction - 3.32% - Not started

1S015e2b.png X-com 2 - 0.84% - 7% complete

1Sa77bf6.png Hollow Knight - 3.95% - Not started

1S4da1d9.png Moonlighter - 1.64% - Not started

1S77fe7c.png - Don't Starve Together - 2.29% - 21% complete

1S974e73.png Star Trek: Bridge Crew - 3.87% - Not Started

1S399e4a.png Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - 1.62% - 49% complete

Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 1

Nice event idea, I also like going for those ultra rare plats lol, I'll try to add some more games in the future but I'm very busy with school ?

Spoiler

1S886c70.png Assassin's creed brotherhood(ps3) - 3.96% - online done,need to finish dlc and main game

1S92cb06.png Crysis 3 - 2.67% - all online+dlc done

1S63111c.png Mortal kombat - 0.62% - online done

1Saa25d3.png Lords of the fallen - 4.35% - It's been sitting on my list at 3% for like 3 years now?

1Sa77bf6.png Hollow knight - 3.95% - This one is not on my list YET

Edited by timpurnat