Ultra Rare Cleanup 2020

3 hours ago, zajac9999 said:

Trophies for Olli Olli 2 are more rare, and rarity = difficulty so I'm sure I'll be fine. 

Not always.

Dark Souls is a prime example. Then you look at Dust: An Elysian Tail, trophies are rare to very rare despite the game being a 3 - 4 out of 10 in difficulty at the very most.

Just now, zajac9999 said:

Always!

I can find and list you a whole bunch of games that have lower rarity than what the difficulty might suggest.

A lot of times, a game that has very rare trophy percentages is usually either difficult or is very time consuming. But not always.

34 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I can find and list you a whole bunch of games that have lower rarity than what the difficulty might suggest.

A lot of times, a game that has very rare trophy percentages is usually either difficult or is very time consuming. But not always.

maybe he/she's being sarcastic ?

This is my chance! The End is Nigh is at exactly 5.00% and hence Ultra Rare! ? 

Here is my updated list: 

Green - Completed 

Blue - In Progress

S58a3b9.png The End is Nigh

S2a2132.png Death's Gambit - 4.77%

S55ee21.png Enter the Gungeon 

Sd619bd.png Divinity: Original Sin II 

Sfdd16f.png Nex Machina

Sce3d6a.png Pier Solar and the Great Architects

S621d3a.png Lumo - 0.69%

S6de254.png Superhot VR 

S148dc0.png Trials Fusion

S4f18b6.png Badland

I have meanwhile completed my first playthrough of Pier Solar and the Great Architects, and got the collectible-related and miscellaneous trophies out of the way, so it's currently sitting at 78% completed. I'm looking at a second playthrough fighting only the mandatory battles, then I'll have to do the Endless Slip Minigame... ? I didn't have any issues with it in the trials mid-game, but I think the extra minigame is a bit faster and gives less margin for error (not to mention that it is freaking 12 minutes of pure concentration...). We'll see! ?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PreLoki said:

maybe he/she's being sarcastic ?

Or else hasn't played any games that are UR plats mostly because of being grindy and/or needing multiple playthroughs or something very highly luck based rather than skill based.  Most JRPG UR plats are a combination of those and not actually difficult.  Some not hard URs also have issues of the game doing a poor job of explaining mechanics or a lack of information on the game in general because they are more obscure.

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Or else hasn't played any games that are UR plats mostly because of being grindy and/or needing multiple playthroughs or something very highly luck based rather than skill based.  Most JRPG UR plats are a combination of those and not actually difficult.  Some not hard URs also have issues of the game doing a poor job of explaining mechanics or a lack of information on the game in general because they are more obscure.

If you check my profile you'll see that I've played plenty UR plats lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arcesius said:

This is my chance! The End is Nigh is at exactly 5.00% and hence Ultra Rare! 1f62c.png 

Man, kinda breaks my heart to see that it's underperforming on ps4. It's a really fun platformer and certainly fun to plat. Hope you like it! 

Edited by PreLoki
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 10:04 AM, Arcesius said:

Sfdd16f.png Nex Machina

Let me know how this game goes for you. It looks like a more difficult version of Dead Nation, which Housemarque also developed. But I could be completely wrong. It looks extremely good to me, so in the future I may pick it up once it goes on sale.

On 12/14/2019 at 0:19 PM, ladynadiad said:

Some of the Final Fantasy games should be closer to UR because of how time consuming they are. But like the Dark Souls games, Final Fantasy has a dedicated fanbase who generally sticks with the games. So in that respect, rarities probably aren't indicative of how hard or long consuming a trophy is.

We all know PlayStation Plus lowers the rarity for the vast majority of games once they are put on the list for the month. But a lot of games, particularly obscure indies and niche titles, have lower rarity simply because a lot of people tried out those games and then stopped playing a couple hours in. Dust: An Elysian Tail is one.

Super Meat Boy, a game I recently finished, has a ridiculously low rarity percentage because as everybody knows, it is a very difficult game. It was also on PlayStation Plus for a good while, but even if it wasn't the platinum would very likely still be a sub 1 percent.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

Some of the Final Fantasy games should be closer to UR because of how time consuming they are. But like the Dark Souls games, Final Fantasy has a dedicated fanbase who generally sticks with the games. So in that respect, rarities probably aren't indicative of how hard or long consuming a trophy is.

We all know PlayStation Plus lowers the rarity for the vast majority of games once they are put on the list for the month. But a lot of games, particularly obscure indies and niche titles, have lower rarity simply because a lot of people tried out those games and then stopped playing a couple hours in. Dust: An Elysian Tail is one.

Super Meat Boy, a game I recently finished, has a ridiculously low rarity percentage because as everybody knows, it is a very difficult game. It was also on PlayStation Plus for a good while, but even if it wasn't the platinum would very likely still be a sub 1 percent.

I think some of the Kingdom Hearts games should be as well.  At the very least the PS3 version of KH1 not being UR is surprising with its requirement for three playthroughs since difficulty doesn't stack.

Japanese stacks also have a higher percentage than NA or EU stacks of even the same game.  Seems importers and Japanese members are more dedicated to getting the plats.  Some of my Japanese plats have had things that would normally cause a game to be UR, but the lowest rarity one is 16.14%.

9 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Japanese stacks also have a higher percentage than NA or EU stacks of even the same game.  Seems importers and Japanese members are more dedicated to getting the plats.  Some of my Japanese plats have had things that would normally cause a game to be UR, but the lowest rarity one is 16.14%.

I'd only do it if I can't get the game with any of the other stores. The only Japanese stack I would bother with is Demon's Souls. Technically it's the Asian version, but getting your hands on the Chinese version is extremely hard at this point, unless you're willing to shell out a lot of money. Which isn't worth it for a 10 year old game.

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'd only do it if I can't get the game with any of the other stores. The only Japanese stack I would bother with is Demon's Souls. Technically it's the Asian version, but getting your hands on the Chinese version is extremely hard at this point, unless you're willing to shell out a lot of money. Which isn't worth it for a 10 year old game.

Yeah, I only import for Falcom games because I have no patience for waiting for localizations.

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

It looks like a more difficult version of Dead Nation, which Housemarque also developed. But I could be completely wrong. It looks extremely good to me, so in the future I may pick it up once it goes on sale.

You’re wrong. Nex Machina is nothing like Dead Nation. Dead Nation is slow paced and you shoot with R1 or R2. Alienation is the successor of Dead Nation and is exactly the same only with aliens instead of zombies. Nex Machina is a fast paced twin stick shooter. The difficulty is about the same. I might even say Dead Nation is harder. But go get Nex Machina. That game is really good!

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

Updating on my Disgaea 4 progress: The original skills plan got derailed some when I got distracted with the item world & pirate ship parts. Yeah, I know I said I'd save the ship parts for last. But while I'm there any way, I started capturing enemies & disciplining them for treasure locations (that must sound weird if you're not familiar with the mechanic). Regardless, the stat numbers are going up. 

Spoiler

Item Collection
Total: 44.29 ---> 51.77
Common: 82.66 ---> 84.74
Rare: 29.49 ---> 42.75
Legendary: 25.64 ---> 32.87

Pirate Ship Parts
Total: 8.19 ---> 23.77
Body: 19.35 ---> 45.16
Head: 4.54 ---> 15.90
Rear: 11.11 ---> 30.55
Left: 4.54 ---> 18.18
Right: 6.81 ---> 18.18
Top: 6.66 ---> 22.22

Object Collection (Is this one even necessary?)
Total: 79.54 ---> No change.

Special Skills
Total: 76.20 ---> 89.42
Magic: 83.33 ---> 97.91 
Fist: 77.77 ---> No change.
Sword: 77.77 ---> No change.
Spear: 66.66 ---> No change.
Bow: 66.66 ---> No change.
Gun: 88.88 ---> 100 Done!
Axe: 88.88 ---> 100 Done!
Skills: 52.94 ---> 84.87
Human: 67.24 ---> 74.13
Monster: 100 Done!
Magichange: 92.30 ---> 100 Done!
Tower: 100 Done!

Edited by Gretchen27

Quick progress update for me as I haven't done any so far. MK X is now at 44%, I have finished the story and the bulk of the DLC along with the trophies that could mess it up eg Invasions so I am on my way with that. It is just a grind from here.

Oddworld: New and Tasty 2%

Sniper Elite 3 1% - 3%

Killzone Shadow Fall 1%

Mortal Kombat X 6% - 44%

Call of Duty: Ghosts 39%

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 30%

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PreLoki said:

#3 - Trackmania Turbo 

1L025731.png

Fun pick up game, enjoyed it to more or less ( actually way less ) breeze through the tracks while listening to music or podcasts.

This will most likely be my last UR plat of this decade and it's literally a cool one at that. B) 

Dammit man, was it so easy for you? ? I must just suck at racing games, since I think this one is the plat I had the most trouble with. The game is just so freaking long for being so challenging throughout. 

Congrats on this one! Cool one indeed ?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Dammit man, was it so easy for you? 1f602.png I must just suck at racing games, since I think this one is the plat I had the most trouble with. The game is just so freaking long for being so challenging throughout. 

Congrats on this one! Cool one indeed 1f642.png

Thanks man! Nah, not at all. I was exaggerating. ?

It’s not an easy plat by any means. The games difficulty definitely increased in red series and in black series even further, some tracks where I had to put couple of hours in.

Still, I thought it was less frustrating than some put it and the tracks were ultimately fun to master. 

So, it's looking like Warriors All-Stars will be platted soon (about a week out, though maybe less if I sit down for a few hours a day). I thought it was OK at first, but I'm really tiring of it now. Why did they have to pause play for character introductions during EVERY playthrough? Why is battle so...floaty?

I blame Gust. I think they somehow screwed everything up (character movement actually feels more like that of the Atelier series than the DW series). But then again, Koei didn't exactly light it up with DW9, so maybe the fault lies with them, after all.

• Like 1

More update incoming:

1. Mortal Kombat XL (100% + DLC) - rarity 1.95%, 100% completed :platinum: 

2. Mortal Kombat - rarity 0.62%, 54% -> 60% (online complete)

3. Skullgirls 2nd Encore - rarity 0.91%, 74% completed

4. Guilty Gear Xrd Sign - rarity 1.12%, 80% completed (online complete)

5. Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator - rarity 1.51% , 62% completed

6. Injustice Gods Among Us - rarity 0.12%, 82% completed (online complete)

7. Mount and Blade Warband - rarity 1.17%, 31% completed (online complete)

8. Slain: Back From Hell - rarity 3.68%, 12% completed

9. Fist of the North Star : Lost Paradise - rarity 4.60%, 84% completed

10. Blur - Rarity 1.60%, 8% completed -> 17%->20%-> 38%(online complete)

11. Mirror's Edge - Rarity 3.03%, 5% completed

12. Batman Arkham City(PS3) - Rarity 4.76%, 3% completed

13. Lords of the Fallen - Rarity 4.35%, 7% completed

14. Death's Gambit - Rarity 4.86% , 3% completed

15. Batman Arkham Origins - Rarity 2.02%, 1% completed -> 14%(online complete)

16. Darkstalkers Resurrection - Rarity 0.84%, 0% -> 4%(online complete)

17. Broforce - Rarity 0.47%(no plat), 19% completed 

18. Samurai Shodown VI - Rarity 1.55% (no plat), 30% completed [NEW]

Bonus Round :

19. Super Street Fighter 4 - rarity 0.60% , 67% completed

20. Street Fighter 5 - rarity 1.37%, 53% completed

21. Overwatch Origins Edition - rarity 1.89%, 23% completed

22. Catherine - Rarity 1.29%, 1% completed

23. Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 - Rarity 1.71%, 39% completed [NEW][PLATINUM UNOBTAINABLE]

What was added: 

- New game Samurai Shodown VI. It has no platinum however its 100% completion rate is 1.55%. It is a tough game, I guess it qualifies. Same as Darkstalkers and Broforce really.

- All the onlinery on PS3 is completed - Blur, Darkstalkers, Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear Xrd Sign. The rest of the stuff is on PS4 and I doubt any server will go down for those. The only left are : Super Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter 5, Overwatch and GG Xrd Revelator. I will have alot of work on those...

- Just under the bonus round I have also added PES2015. That one cannot be platinumed anymore ( everything online is long dead). It does have a low completion rate so I want to get all the offline trophies existent. Plus I suck major ass at football (soccer) games. Not gonna impact the main list (just like Overwatch) but if people don't like that, I can remove it xD

- won't be adding Painkiller after all, I ultimately suck at shooters on the console. I wish to avoid them in the future. I love Painkiller but I will only play it on PC (next to Serious Sam...mmmm)

Based on my whacky list, if anyone has extra suggestions for me please hit me up with them! Considering whether to add Furi or spare myself the pain that game would inflict me :3

Till next time!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Copanele said:

More update incoming:

1. Mortal Kombat XL (100% + DLC) - rarity 1.95%, 100% completed :platinum: 

2. Mortal Kombat - rarity 0.62%, 54% -> 60% (online complete)

3. Skullgirls 2nd Encore - rarity 0.91%, 74% completed

4. Guilty Gear Xrd Sign - rarity 1.12%, 80% completed (online complete)

5. Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator - rarity 1.51% , 62% completed

6. Injustice Gods Among Us - rarity 0.12%, 82% completed (online complete)

7. Mount and Blade Warband - rarity 1.17%, 31% completed (online complete)

8. Slain: Back From Hell - rarity 3.68%, 12% completed

9. Fist of the North Star : Lost Paradise - rarity 4.60%, 84% completed

10. Blur - Rarity 1.60%, 8% completed -> 17%->20%-> 38%(online complete)

11. Mirror's Edge - Rarity 3.03%, 5% completed

12. Batman Arkham City(PS3) - Rarity 4.76%, 3% completed

13. Lords of the Fallen - Rarity 4.35%, 7% completed

14. Death's Gambit - Rarity 4.86% , 3% completed

15. Batman Arkham Origins - Rarity 2.02%, 1% completed -> 14%(online complete)

16. Darkstalkers Resurrection - Rarity 0.84%, 0% -> 4%(online complete)

17. Broforce - Rarity 0.47%(no plat), 19% completed 

18. Samurai Shodown VI - Rarity 1.55% (no plat), 30% completed [NEW]

Bonus Round :

19. Super Street Fighter 4 - rarity 0.60% , 67% completed

20. Street Fighter 5 - rarity 1.37%, 53% completed

21. Overwatch Origins Edition - rarity 1.89%, 23% completed

22. Catherine - Rarity 1.29%, 1% completed

23. Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 - Rarity 1.71%, 39% completed [NEW][PLATINUM UNOBTAINABLE]

What was added: 

- New game Samurai Shodown VI. It has no platinum however its 100% completion rate is 1.55%. It is a tough game, I guess it qualifies. Same as Darkstalkers and Broforce really.

- All the onlinery on PS3 is completed - Blur, Darkstalkers, Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear Xrd Sign. The rest of the stuff is on PS4 and I doubt any server will go down for those. The only left are : Super Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter 5, Overwatch and GG Xrd Revelator. I will have alot of work on those...

- Just under the bonus round I have also added PES2015. That one cannot be platinumed anymore ( everything online is long dead). It does have a low completion rate so I want to get all the offline trophies existent. Plus I suck major ass at football (soccer) games. Not gonna impact the main list (just like Overwatch) but if people don't like that, I can remove it xD

- won't be adding Painkiller after all, I ultimately suck at shooters on the console. I wish to avoid them in the future. I love Painkiller but I will only play it on PC (next to Serious Sam...mmmm)

Based on my whacky list, if anyone has extra suggestions for me please hit me up with them! Considering whether to add Furi or spare myself the pain that game would inflict me :3

Till next time!

I see you play alot of fighters. You have KOF14? 

Ive set up a boosting session for it :)

3 minutes ago, Vergil said:

I see you play alot of fighters. You have KOF14? 

Ive set up a boosting session for it :)

Sadly no, I have never played the franchise.

Prior to getting the PS4, I played only Guilty Gear and Street Figher (not very good at it). Now I am trying to recover all the lost time and check most of the fighting games.

KOF seems like a huge franchise so I will consider adding it. Will have to check it though and see if I like the mechanics and such.

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

Till next time!

Furi is really good fun imo. and honestly not that difficult. I'd recommend adding it lol. :)

• Like 1