Ultra Rare Cleanup 2020

On 14.12.2019 at 7:04 PM, Arcesius said:

I have meanwhile completed my first playthrough of Pier Solar and the Great Architects, and got the collectible-related and miscellaneous trophies out of the way, so it's currently sitting at 78% completed. I'm looking at a second playthrough fighting only the mandatory battles, then I'll have to do the Endless Slip Minigame... ? I didn't have any issues with it in the trials mid-game, but I think the extra minigame is a bit faster and gives less margin for error (not to mention that it is freaking 12 minutes of pure concentration...). We'll see! ?

Well, this is weird for me, but does anyone sometimes feel like they just cannot push to get something done? ? It has rarely happened to me before, it's not really in my nature, but I just don't find myself with the right mindset to do the Endless Slip mini-game. I tried for a couple of hours over the past week, and I managed to get past all long stairs a couple of times just to slip on an easy part. And while I've endured my fair share of grinding and done some challenging stuff as well, all of that has always been, at least partly, fun. In this case, I just cannot force myself to get the minigame done. I dunno, it's a weird feeling, but this minigame must be among the most frustrating things I had to endure gaming-wise ? It is just so fucking boring, and I really am not in the right mindset to keep at it right now. I went from really liking Pier Solar to hating it with all I have. So, before it starts affecting my mood (more than it already has), I decided to just take a break from it. 

You guys that have this trophy... Is it just me or was it equally nerve-wrecking for you? Seriously, I just hate it so much. 

So, since I'm not gonna be home over the holidays, I'll attempt this one in the new year ? Plus, I am having soo much fun with Alienation that I'd rather play that ? 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Well, this is weird for me, but does anyone sometimes feel like they just cannot push to get something done? 1f636.png It has rarely happened to me before, it's not really in my nature, but I just don't find myself with the right mindset to do the Endless Slip mini-game. I tried for a couple of hours over the past week, and I managed to get past all long stairs a couple of times just to slip on an easy part. And while I've endured my fair share of grinding and done some challenging stuff as well, all of that has always been, at least partly, fun. In this case, I just cannot force myself to get the minigame done. I dunno, it's a weird feeling, but this minigame must be among the most frustrating things I had to endure gaming-wise 1f633.png It is just so fucking boring, and I really am not in the right mindset to keep at it right now. I went from really liking Pier Solar to hating it with all I have. So, before it starts affecting my mood (more than it already has), I decided to just take a break from it. 

You guys that have this trophy... Is it just me or was it equally nerve-wrecking for you? Seriously, I just hate it so much. 

So, since I'm not gonna be home over the holidays, I'll attempt this one in the new year 1f642.png Plus, I am having soo much fun with Alienation that I'd rather play that 1f600.png 

Personally i didn't find the eternal slip game too difficult honestly. Also know that there's a checkpoint when you get halfway through it. But, from the way that you describe it, a break is probably needed. There's no point forcing yourself to keep doing something you're really not enjoying. :)

• Like 1

I finished Dead Island but i'll keep the :platinum: for later. I'll do that with all other games to follow probably as well :D

I add three more games i want to finish within next year...

Unravel 2 1.98%. Personal Progress: :platinum: 12th Nov 19

Worms Battlegrounds 0.46%. Personal Progress: 100% :platinum: 23rd Nov 19

X-Morph Defense 4.84%

Mirror's Edge 0.66%. Personal Progress: 51%

Batman Arkham Origins 1.05%. Personal Progress: 53% --> 54%

Driveclub 1.22%. Personal Progress: 34% :platinum:

Dead Island PS4 4.34%. Personal Progress: 12% --> 98% (:platinum: prepared)

The Last Of Us PS4 2.96%. Personal Progress: 32%

Tower of Guns 2.07%. Personal Progress: 4%

Dishonored PS3 0.26%. Personal Progress: 87%

Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom 1.02%. Personal Progress: 19%

Wet 3.92%. Personal Progress: 15%

R.U.S.E. 0.57%. Personal Progress: 60%

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, zajac9999 said:

Personally i didn't find the eternal slip game too difficult honestly. Also know that there's a checkpoint when you get halfway through it. But, from the way that you describe it, a break is probably needed. There's no point forcing yourself to keep doing something you're really not enjoying. :)

Yeah it doesn't seem like it should be too difficult, but for some reason I'm getting frustrated way earlier than with other challenges I've done... So maybe it really has other reasons, and I'm hoping to be back with the right mindset early next year. 

It can't hurt to ask, though I'm not hopeful, but are there any tips you found useful other than "rolling your thumb"? ? I'm wondering if it makes a difference to play with the controller plugged in, for example... maybe there is less delay in the input that way... The part I'm having most trouble with is that you need to press the buttons before the turns actually happen ? 

I also tried playing to a song at 125 bpm (for example "Deep Sea Bass" from NecroDancer) but I'm not entirely sure that the tempo stays the same throughout the minigame. 

Edited by Arcesius

13 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Yeah it doesn't seem like it should be too difficult, but for some reason I'm getting frustrated way earlier than with other challenges I've done... So maybe it really has other reasons, and I'm hoping to be back with the right mindset early next year. 

It can't hurt to ask, though I'm not hopeful, but are there any tips you found useful other than "rolling your thumb"? 1f642.png I'm wondering if it makes a difference to play with the controller plugged in, for example... maybe there is less delay in the input that way... The part I'm having most trouble with is that you need to press the buttons before the turns actually happen 1f605.png 

I also tried playing to a song at 125 bpm (for example "Deep Sea Bass" from NecroDancer) but I'm not entirely sure that the tempo stays the same throughout the minigame. 

I saw nothing that really changed the timing of inputs for Pier Solar. I will say that the PS3 d-pad was far more ready for the challenge than the PS4 one (which sucks). If you can play it with, say, a Hori pad, it’s better there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Arcesius said:

It can't hurt to ask, though I'm not hopeful, but are there any tips you found useful other than "rolling your thumb"? 1f642.png I'm wondering if it makes a difference to play with the controller plugged in, for example... maybe there is less delay in the input that way... The part I'm having most trouble with is that you need to press the buttons before the turns actually happen 1f605.png 

Nothing special really, just a little bit of practice needed. I used a d-pad as well, but just on a standard ps4 controller. I honestly don't think about things deeply enough to consider input delay and things like that. Perhaps I should for more difficult trophies as it seems a lot of people do lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I saw nothing that really changed the timing of inputs for Pier Solar. I will say that the PS3 d-pad was far more ready for the challenge than the PS4 one (which sucks). If you can play it with, say, a Hori pad, it’s better there.

You mean this thing here? ? I have mostly been trying with the regular DS4, but I also tried with keyboard to see if it is more manageable... I found it to be a bit more difficult, since you need to coordinate more fingers. 

9 hours ago, zajac9999 said:

Nothing special really, just a little bit of practice needed. I used a d-pad as well, but just on a standard ps4 controller. I honestly don't think about things deeply enough to consider input delay and things like that. Perhaps I should for more difficult trophies as it seems a lot of people do lol.

Oh I usually don't either, actually never have before (always play wireless). But I am an avid drummer, and rhythm-based challenges are usually not too much of a problem for me. In this case I'm really having difficulties because the inputs are off-rhythm, and that's driving me nuts ? So I thought anything that can shift the inputs more to the actual beat would be great.

5 hours ago, Arcesius said:

You mean this thing here? 1f605.png I have mostly been trying with the regular DS4, but I also tried with keyboard to see if it is more manageable... I found it to be a bit more difficult, since you need to coordinate more fingers. 

Oh I usually don't either, actually never have before (always play wireless). But I am an avid drummer, and rhythm-based challenges are usually not too much of a problem for me. In this case I'm really having difficulties because the inputs are off-rhythm, and that's driving me nuts 1f602.png So I thought anything that can shift the inputs more to the actual beat would be great.

Not that one, but the d-pad looks OK there. My issue with the DS4 d-pad is that it often slips when you roll your thumbs. I beat Eternal Slip with it, but I feel like it was a lot worse to use.

I got 1 UR platinum for the event last week with Borderlands TPS (PS4). It's not really that difficult, but it is definitely a slog of a grind for sure. Getting 20 luneshine weapons took forever.

Next UR will likely be Catherine. I'm having so much fun with my initial playthrough that I think I will go for this platinum despite the horror stories I've heard about the Tower of Babel.

• Like 2

My list

The Evil Within (4.63)

Red Dead Redemption (3.48)

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (3.93)

Crysis 3 (2.65)

No idea if i'll be able to get them, minus TEW, plus i'm already participating in other event, but if i'll find the boosters, i'll go for the plats

Btw, is the host still here?

Edited by Varhur
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Varhur said:

My list

The Evil Within (4.63)

Red Dead Redemption (3.48)

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (3.93)

Crysis 3 (2.65)

No idea if i'll be able to get them, minus TEW, plus i'm already participating in other event, but if i'll find the boosters, i'll go for the plats

Btw, is the host still here?

Heyo! So far the host has some personal issues and can't be online most of the time. Until then, I will try my best to add the new members in a spreadsheet and Beyondthegrave07 will use his mod powers to update the main post whenever he is available. We still go for this event xD

• Like 2

Completed in 2020:

Injustice [EU stack] (0.14% rarity)

Ark: Survival Evolved (3.11% rarity)

Dead Rising (4.17% rarity)

In-Work:

Farpoint (0.36% rarity)

NCAA Football 14 (0.68% rarity)

RIGS (0.77% rarity)

WWE 2K16 (0.78% rarity)

Fire Pro Wrestling (1.41% rarity)

Grand Theft Auto V (1.94% rarity)

Knowledge is Power (2.19% rarity)

Mortal Blitz (2.86% rarity)

NCAA Football 11 (3.04% rarity)

Civilization VI (3.58% rarity)

Yakuza 0 (3.75% rarity)

Call of Duty: Black Ops (4.13% rarity)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (4.41% rarity)

Completed Pre-2020:

Injustice [NA stack] (0.12% rarity)

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (0.76% rarity)

WWE 2K17 (0.88% rarity)

7 Days to Die (0.94% rarity)

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (1.23% rarity)

That's You (1.85% rarity)

Mortal Kombat X (1.86% rarity)

Star Wars Battlefront (2.22% rarity)

WWE 2K19 (2.33% rarity)

Tropico 5 (2.34% rarity)

Injustice 2 (2.41% rarity)

Madden NFL 17 (2.52% rarity)

Star Trek: Bridge Crew (3.74% rarity)

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (4.36% rarity)

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (4.53% rarity)

Unobtainable:

MLB 10 The Show (0.07% rarity)

WWE 13 (0.50% rarity)

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (0.92% rarity)

Madden NFL 16 (0.94% rarity)

WWE 2K15 (1.66% rarity)

NCAA Football 12 (2.01% rarity)

Resistance 2 (2.04% rarity)

NCAA Football 10 (2.25% rarity)

Lord of the Rings Conquest (3.83% rarity)

Smackdown vs Raw 2011 (4.13% rarity)

WWE 12 (4.77% rarity)

Edited by DrEvilGuapo
Completed Injustice, Dead Rising, and Ark Survival Evolved; added unobtainables
  • Like 1

Since I've been off work for the christmas/new year holiday period I haven't played any VVVVVV for a couple of weeks now. So if anything I've probably lost progress regarding the no death run lol.

Instead I've just started working on Xcom: Enemy Unknown, doing the classic Ironman playthrough. Initially it was pretty tough, especially the third month where I thought I was gonna have to restart, but since then it's eased up quite a bit and hopefully should be fairly plain sailing for the rest of this run. Enjoying the game a lot more than I expected to also which is nice. I'm grinding health on EDF 4.1 on the ps4 at the same time. So whilst no trophy progress is being made on that game, a lot of progress towards the plat is happening.

Current progress

VVVVVV, 0.28% - 90% completed

Cloudberry Kingdom, 0.10% - 90% completed

Nuclear Throne, 0.43% - 50% completed

Badland, 0.03% - 43% completed

Mortal Kombat, 0.62% - 100% completed

Dead or Alive 5, 0.51% - 91% completed

BattleFantasia, 0.62% - 87% completed

Trials Fusion, 0.11% - 84% completed

Retro/Grade, 0.34% - 80% completed

The Guided Fate Paradox, 1.77% - 62% completed

Xcom: Enemy Unknown, 0.96% - 36% completed

EDF 4.1, 0.88% - 8% completed

Hard Corps Uprising, 0.45% - 0% completed

Also regarding the 'host' never being here. I'm mainly using this thread for a bit of motivation and a way of tracking my own progress. It's not so important to me that someone is regularly updating the OP or not. Regardless, I don't imagine he'll suddenly become super active in the future lol.

Edited by zajac9999
  • Like 2

Sounds fun! I only have 1 Ultra Rare at the moment but a few i want to work towards, this might give me that push i need!

1Sb27b89.png Harvest Moon Light of Hope - current: 2.90% - Progress 45%

1S36fea0.pngYakuza Kiwami - current 2.85% - progress 41%

1S11d1b4.pngSkyrim VR - current 1.87% - progress 5%

1Se8e7e3.png Tennis World Tour - current 0.93% - progress 12%

1S0869ad.png Digimon World: Next Order - current 4.58% - progress 30%

might add more later, but not 100% sure. 

Continuing on from yesterday's update, I've finished the classic Ironman mode on Xcom, there are two difficult playthroughs to do, and then another 3 on easy. So I'm glad to have one of the difficult ones out of the way. I started a playthrough on easy in 2015, so I'll continue that now and finish it before moving on to my impossible playthrough.

VVVVVV, 0.28% - 90% completed

Cloudberry Kingdom, 0.10% - 90% completed

Nuclear Throne, 0.43% - 50% completed

Badland, 0.03% - 43% completed

Mortal Kombat, 0.62% - 100% completed

Dead or Alive 5, 0.51% - 91% completed

BattleFantasia, 0.62% - 87% completed

Trials Fusion, 0.11% - 84% completed

Retro/Grade, 0.34% - 80% completed

The Guided Fate Paradox, 1.77% - 62% completed

Xcom: Enemy Unknown, 0.96% - 56% completed

EDF 4.1, 0.88% - 11% completed

Hard Corps Uprising, 0.45% - 0% completed

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 11:53 PM, grimydawg said:

:hmm: 

NBA 2K18

NBA 2K19

Rayman Legends

Call of Duty BO3

Dead Nation (PS4)

Gran Turismo Sport

Project Cars 2

Assetto Corsa

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Borderlands TPS

MLB 16 The Show

I want to try to get 60 UR plats by that time.  My scrub self has been stuck at 48 for a long time now :lol: I want to complete as many of my games as possible  before PS5 comes out.  I don't plan on getting too many new games either.  Sp, we'll see how this goes.

I almost got two done.  NBA 2K18 is within my grasp :shakefist: 

• Like 3

So, an OT 100% in Anodyne. Currently at 0.76% for the 100%, and having no DLC whatsoever, you’d think it was brutal. It’s slightly hard, but nothing special. Glitchy trophies play a role, but the rarest trophies aren’t glitchy. Weird all around.

Edited by starcrunch061

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, an OT 100% in Anodyne. Currently at 0.76% for the 100%, and having no DLC whatsoever, you’d think it was brutal. It’s slightly hard, but nothing special. Glitchy trophies play a role, but the rarest trophies aren’t glitchy. Weird all around.

From my experience playing it on PC, I can see it being a UR 100%.  Glitchy trophies definitely doesn't help matters, but the rest is likely because the game is somewhat difficult and gives very little direction on where to go and what to do.  A player who isn't determined to get that 100% is very likely to lose interest fast and move on to other games, which is what I've done with the Steam version many times.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

From my experience playing it on PC, I can see it being a UR 100%.  Glitchy trophies definitely doesn't help matters, but the rest is likely because the game is somewhat difficult and gives very little direction on where to go and what to do.  A player who isn't determined to get that 100% is very likely to lose interest fast and move on to other games, which is what I've done with the Steam version many times.

finding those cards at the end is impossible without a guide. IMPOSSIBLE. The speed run, though, was a bit of a disappointment. You’re given 3 hours, but I managed to do it in less that 2, on just my second play through.

But yeah, I can agree with you on that.