talespagni

So, how's the campaign?

103 posts in this topic

To each their own i suppose

As long as you guys enjoy it thats all that matters

Just personally ive never been blown away with a CoD story

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

 

Give me a break. I don't buy games on release, either. I am thankful to those who do (at least assuming the game is good - people who pre-purchase sequels to broken games can jump off a cliff).

Define broken? 


I'm still waiting on it to download country internet speed problems, cant wait for fiber. 
@Property_Damage WAW Planting the flag in Stalingrad was pretty awesome WAW is great,
Black ops 1 whole cold war mind control was awesome
Black ops 2 had a branching story what if a terrorist hijacked the superpowers high tech weapons
Black ops 3 (I found this one good too) How much machine can you become before you become too much machine
Black ops 4 ...oh wait...
MW1-2-3 AW-IW are really the only one i dont remember fully I also personally find them the worst but to each their own 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved it, just got the plat for it. The mission in Piccadilly Circus messed with my head man... Living in London and seeing the atmosphere/terror on peoples faces it was disturbing but hey overall the story was 10/10.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still not playing yet  🥺 cod MW 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SupakGaming said:

I get that you have priorities in your life and it's fine if you can't afford a £49.99 to £59.99 game. But there a LOT of people that can afford it. Likely not be majority but in the end we are the ones that support the devs. Overpriced or not, we do it because we are interested in it.

 

The game is around the 8 to 10-hour mark. You have multiplayer, a progression system, soon to come CO-OP Special Operations and a rumoured BattleRoyale mode + more and it isn't worth it? I am actually disappointed there are no online trophies.

No game is worth 70 euros in my book, especially if it has a multiplayer component in a console, only times I paid full prices were in the past as I was a Clan Leader so I had interests to get ahead of certain Meta trends before anyone else, with that gone for years,  I can focus on the simplicity of games, and the problems with them such as  forking more cash to play completely  a product I already bought, hence me being happy with  no online trophies,  add to that it takes me more time to download than plat it, I'm watching some footage and I think that  gunplay is fine, story I don't think they can top Black Ops 1 but doesn't seem to be bad, not at all interested in  Battle Royale as it was a mode I never cared to play for years, conversely I liked zombies but I suppose it's an unpopular opinion, so to each his own, it's probably a game  I would quickly plat and then doing sporadically  (especially since COD has a  one year deadline for most), some games with friends, coop too I suppose, it depends on how enticing it is.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SupakGaming said:

I get that you have priorities in your life and it's fine if you can't afford a £49.99 to £59.99 game. But there a LOT of people that can afford it. Likely not be majority but in the end we are the ones that support the devs. Overpriced or not, we do it because we are interested in it.

 

If I want to spend my money on them then I would but why would I when I can pay less for the same product. I can afford it for sure but that would be silly. Then to top it off a week later they are all complaining it isn't great or its too short or its got a glitch blah blah. Yet those same people do it over and over, can't educate stupid I guess 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mackenzie129 said:

Define broken? 


I'm still waiting on it to download country internet speed problems, cant wait for fiber. 
@Property_Damage WAW Planting the flag in Stalingrad was pretty awesome WAW is great,
Black ops 1 whole cold war mind control was awesome
Black ops 2 had a branching story what if a terrorist hijacked the superpowers high tech weapons
Black ops 3 (I found this one good too) How much machine can you become before you become too much machine
Black ops 4 ...oh wait...
MW1-2-3 AW-IW are really the only one i dont remember fully I also personally find them the worst but to each their own 

Im mostly only familiar with the black ops series

1-4 and declassified with MW3, ww2 and IW in there aswell, oh and cod4 mw but i dont count that because it didnt have trophy support at the time until the recent remaster on ps4

are some of the missions fun?, sure

but campaign has always been and one and done for me

ive just sunk way too much time into the multiplayer aspects of their games to the point where campaign has become a blur

Edited by Property_Damage
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really good story so far! 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SupakGaming said:

I loved it, just got the plat for it. The mission in Piccadilly Circus messed with my head man... Living in London and seeing the atmosphere/terror on peoples faces it was disturbing but hey overall the story was 10/10.

Yeah, I know the developers have been working on it for a couple years, but it's an eerie time to release it given the recent news of Isis fighters escaping Kurdish prison (thanks in part to our stupid president). Seeing civilians in Europe getting attacked is disturbing, but thankfully the game seems to be tackling most of it without much cynicism.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Hope for it, but sadly I have to spend 70€ for a 8 hours platinum.. I anyway have to, can't really wait to play it

 

And this here's the problem: not being able to wait.

 

If you hold out for several months, the game will go on sale already, and you'll be able to save some money at least. Sorry, but the vast majority of games is not worth €69,99 at launch.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

People who can't afford games on launch get so freaking jealous of those of us who can it's pathetic.  Every game release you have some broke chump on here crying about how stupid it is for us to buy games on release.  As I stated once before don't bite the hand that feeds you.  If the devs waited around for your broke asses to buy their game at 20x the discount as some mathematical genius  commented, we wouldn't have very quality games now would we?  Only a complete idiot would sit around and advocate for EVERYONE to quit buying games upon release when that is what keeps them playing these high quality 100 million dollar game productions that they can pick up on sale two years later for nothing.  If WE ALL PAY NOTHING WE WILL ALL GET NOTHING AS FAR AS QUALITY is concerned so sit back and wait and let the BIG BOYS pay your way as always!!!!!

Image result for say sike right now"

Most cursed post 2019?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

People who can't afford games on launch get so freaking jealous of those of us who can it's pathetic.  Every game release you have some broke chump on here crying about how stupid it is for us to buy games on release.  As I stated once before don't bite the hand that feeds you.  If the devs waited around for your broke asses to buy their game at 20x the discount as some mathematical genius  commented, we wouldn't have very quality games now would we?  Only a complete idiot would sit around and advocate for EVERYONE to quit buying games upon release when that is what keeps them playing these high quality 100 million dollar game productions that they can pick up on sale two years later for nothing.  If WE ALL PAY NOTHING WE WILL ALL GET NOTHING AS FAR AS QUALITY is concerned so sit back and wait and let the BIG BOYS pay your way as always!!!!!

Oh you are such a big boy...

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

 

Well he is right about one thing, developers need people to buy/support games on release or at full price to be able to produce high budget games. If everyone waited for massive price drops we would only have ratalaika games to look forward too. Also people trying to shame other people who buy games on release or pre order games is kinda silly. 

$60 is more of a consumer's expectation than anything nowadays, companies could make more if they lowered their initial prices but the price-fixing publisher cartel obviously won't let them. It's all a big scam, I don't know why some people feel so proud that they're part of it, when you buy at release or preorder you're essentially beta testing for no monetary compensation, I don't know if that's something to be bragging about 😏 And no, high budget games would not disappear if people exercised a bit of low time preference, the market would just adapt to the situation, just like it always does. Yeah yeah I know I'll take my controversial opinions and shove them up my ass, bye 😚👋

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, panikooooos said:

Black Ops 1 campaign wasn't forgettable, it has some of the most memorable characters and lines in the series what are you talking about

Yaaaasssss. This. 

 

For me:

1) Black Ops 1

2) MW2

3) Black Ops 2

4) MW1

5) MW3

Edited by Zach
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I havent played the game yet, but watched a PT (first two/three missions). I can imagine, with a good sound system, your neighbours think its wartime. Besides the awesome sound, one of the missions was disturbing to say the least. "No Russian" left me cold, but this was almost too close to reality for my taste. 

 

I would wait for a price drop though, if the story (and COOP) is the only thing you are interested in.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zach said:

Yaaaasssss. This. 

 

For me:

1) Black Ops 1

2) MW2

3) Black Ops 2

4) MW1

5) MW3

 

In my list I’d put MW1 at 3 and BO2 at 4. But Yea BO1 and MW2 IMO had the best story. I thought Ghost was ok but everything else sucked

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shotCJgun01 said:

 

In my list I’d put MW1 at 3 and BO2 at 4. But Yea BO1 and MW2 IMO had the best story. I thought Ghost was ok but everything else sucked

Yeah I think Ghosts would be #6 for me if I had to keep going.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am considering buying this game.

 

Would you recommend this game? And what are it’s pros and cons?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen it looks like it will be among my favourite CoD campaigns if not my absolute favourite, but there's no way I'm paying full price for an 8 hour campaign. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.