talespagni

So, how's the campaign?

103 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

you know how many years ago i got that platinum?? Like 7years ago

do you think i remember any of it since then?? Lol

the numbers mason!

ok so thats about it

Well i dont know why you are braging of having a bad memory, smh.

On an other note, the campaign is pretty great, im happy to see a quick platinium. Why i want quick platiniums in cod ? because for me cod isnt a to do platinium than i uninstall it, its a game i will go back from time to time to shoot people in a realistic way. now that they cut all the fortnite bullshits in their game.

52 minutes ago, SKyZoX9 said:

Well i dont know why you are braging of having a bad memory, smh.

On an other note, the campaign is pretty great, im happy to see a quick platinium. Why i want quick platiniums in cod ? because for me cod isnt a to do platinium than i uninstall it, its a game i will go back from time to time to shoot people in a realistic way. now that they cut all the fortnite bullshits in their game

not remembering a specific level of a game i played almost 8 years ago is bragging about having a bad memory? Ffs

im 36 years old, i work 2 jobs and have a family

do you think at the end of the day im sitting back reminiscing about the story of a call of duty game i played almost a decade ago lmao, please!

you enjoy your common modern warfare platinum if and whenever you get it

ill enjoy my ultra rare ones

but now its your turn, you know i gotta quote you now...about getting on a game from time to time to shoot people in a realistic way....

Whats so realistic about CoD to you?

is it the dying then coming back to life part?? Cuz thats so far from reality

or is it when you can empty a full clip into someones chest but they still manage to run off like it never happened, thats realism!

or putting a sniper round into someones head but yet theres no blood or gore whatsoever

not even an entry or exit wound

so much realism!!!

and fyi, out of all the cod games ive played, ive only ever uninstalled one, black ops declassified because well, fuck that game

my vita doesnt have 5TBs of memory like my ps4 does so yeah, that shit had to go once it was finished

Looks great, plays great, but very short and easy (I only played on veteran) and

as far as the “shock factor” that everyone was crying about pre-release, i’d say personally that it was rather timid. Still a great game though, would recommend.

Just finished the campaign on veteran. Thought it was really really good. Loved the story. The graphics are amazing on the pro. And there are some really interesting missions. 

22 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

I paid £4 for Infinite Warfare so I am aiming to top that. I have a backlog of well over 100 games so not exactly urgent.

Still not sure why people buy games on release.

On the other hand, thx god not everyone do like you or we wont see good / expensive game to produce anymore ;)

I dont buy a lot of game day one or at full price, but when i really want a game I think i have to support the editor for all the work done by a lot of people  ^^

Took me 12 hours with a 3 hour break in between on realism. The story is great, action is awesome, just a little too easy. The misc trophies are clever and enjoyable. Glad they opted out of mp trophies. 

7 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

not remembering a specific level of a game i played almost 8 years ago is bragging about having a bad memory? Ffs

do you think at the end of the day im sitting back reminiscing about the story of a call of duty game i played almost a decade ago lmao, please!

you enjoy your common modern warfare platinum if and whenever you get it

ill enjoy my ultra rare ones

but now its your turn, you know i gotta quote you now...about getting on a game from time to time to shoot people in a realistic way....

Whats so realistic about CoD to you?

is it the dying then coming back to life part?? Cuz thats so far from reality

or is it when you can empty a full clip into someones chest but they still manage to run off like it never happened, thats realism!

or putting a sniper round into someones head but yet theres no blood or gore whatsoever

not even an entry or exit wound

so much realism!!!

and fyi, out of all the cod games ive played, ive only ever uninstalled one, black ops declassified because well, fuck that game

my vita doesnt have 5TBs of memory like my ps4 does so yeah, that shit had to go once it was finished

You didnt made it like, you didnt remember it, but like EVERYONE didnt. So i dont know why you are surprised people disagree with you. About the ultra rare trophies, if you have an issue with that its your problem, i do ultra rare ones too and for someone who have jobs like you i dont know why you are complaining of having a little break from that. Finally, reminder that ultra rare doesnt mean challenge, i mean if you think the rarest cod are hard games well you didnt see anything.

On an other hand, realist effect is a subjective matter, sorry to not need to get to the point of having a real gun IRL to call it realistic :).

Edited by SKyZoX9

Just beat the campaign. It was definitely a good call of duty campaign in comparison to some of the worst in the series(Black ops 3, ghosts for e.g.) However it does not even come close to black ops 1 or MW2. Also felt there was nothing uncomfortable,gruesome or shocking like the media led us to believe which was a huge disappointment for me. Other than literally one or two missions it feels and plays like how cod always plays. The story was meh and there really isn't anything politically controversial about its message either and the emotions rang pretty hollow to me. That being said, the level design,lighting engine and gameplay were top notch. 

Sooooooooooo good.

Captain Price is the fucking man!

Edited by reiner-

Just finished on veteran. It was so fucking good. Those NVG missions are phenomenal and that ending gave me the biggest smile ever

I gotta say, it's been years since I've played a really good linear shooter story mode, and this game so far has been one of those and it's so great to finally experience a good FPS story again. I haven't finished it yet and I dunno if it will live up to the original Modern Warfare story, but it's still quite good! Hope to see more FPS stories like this come back to the gaming industry

The campaign is really good for the first 3 missions, then it's just a rushed mess. Just a set up for a sequel, bit disappointing, had a lot of potential.

On 26-10-2019 at 0:24 AM, steel6burgh said:

People who can't afford games on launch get so freaking jealous of those of us who can it's pathetic.  Every game release you have some broke chump on here crying about how stupid it is for us to buy games on release.  As I stated once before don't bite the hand that feeds you.  If the devs waited around for your broke asses to buy their game at 20x the discount as some mathematical genius  commented, we wouldn't have very quality games now would we?  Only a complete idiot would sit around and advocate for EVERYONE to quit buying games upon release when that is what keeps them playing these high quality 100 million dollar game productions that they can pick up on sale two years later for nothing.  If WE ALL PAY NOTHING WE WILL ALL GET NOTHING AS FAR AS QUALITY is concerned so sit back and wait and let the BIG BOYS pay your way as always!!!!!

First of all: take a chill pill. Relax, go for a walk outside. Kick some flowers. Do whatever you need to do to get it out of your system.

The fact is that not every game is worth every penny of that launch price. Only a few select amount of games do, and that's just an objective statement. I'm not sure if this Call of Duty is worth it, but if you love playing the multiplayer and you prestige the crap out of that mode: you'll get every cent of enjoyment out of it, more power to you. If you're getting it mainly for the campaign (which I think is always way too short), you'll be disappointed considering its length.

In my opinion: offering a bundle of modes in a game to appease everyone, means that every mode in itself should have a substantial amount of content. Offering a singleplayer campaign that's only five hours long, is just not acceptable anymore. It's been a very long time since a Call of Duty game has been worth its full price of admission, if you ask me. But that's just my opinion. And buying games in this kind of state, whether they're very short and/or soaked with microtransactions and lootboxes, translates statistically in a company's analysis as: "People are swallowing all of this, they are taking the bait." Which results in more games of lesser quality, from said company and the competition. You have to think twice before you just buy any product, because your collective purchase does put a whole chain of events in effect.

Closing statement: games need to produce enough revenue to turn a profit, which should lead to investments in bigger projects and better games, theoretically speaking. So, I agree that some games, from studios and devs who deserve all the support, need to be bought at launch. But there is one thing you have to keep in mind: purchasing *every single game* out there at its original launch price is expensive beyond all reason. You'd literally have to be wealthy as fuck to afford every single game at launch, every year. Fact. Do the math.

A few thoughts on Modern Warfare 2019.

Spoiler

Easy and short, even on veteran, as long as youre patient at times. I was waitign and waiting until a juggernaut showed up and on the final level he shows up in some garage and I was thinking "Oh there he is!". Honestly in MW2 they had them in the favela mission early on and it was more challenging. I was left feeling empty it wasn't more intense. Honestly the campaign was nice and varied, with new ideas but I just wanted more of all of it. Some parts felt Rainbox Six Siege inspired too.

Captain Price fell into uncanny valley bigtime here with his small eyes and round face resembling Tom Hanks' character in Polar Express. His new V.O. is worse and lacks the higher pitched rasp he had in the original game. Felt dissappointed. I like Price but I couldn't grow to him in this game.

Overall it's a CoD game that's more grown up than anything else before it, there are moral ambiguities like when Price throws off the hostage strapped with explosives off the mezzanine in London instead of diffusing it, it was kind of sad. Then Price later says to Kyle: "We draw the line where we need to".

The child running around the house away from the soldier to find soemthing to attack thim with was powerful and genuinely made me scared for her. It was terrific, like a genuine nightmare.

There were some inaccuracies. Many UK number plate cars in St petersberg and many modern cars show up in the flashback to when Farah and Hadir were kids.

Touch of womens empowerment at the end "Youre the leader, ma'am", made it really feel modern, maybe they're trying hard to make it that way.

Generic story, obvious betrayal but enjoyable still.

Brilliant sequel set up at the end. Price asks to have Soap McTavish, Riley (from Ghosts) and Kyle (new to this game) with him on his next missions.

What you all care about: Easy platinum, only We Own the Night and maybe The Golden Path might take you a few tries to get right. 2/10 difficulty, 3/10 if you arent' familiar with CoD.

As for the value for money question, for those like me that play hours of multiplayer on Call of Duty its certainly worth it, even if there aren't any trophies tied to it.

Edited by MiloFPS
MP mde comments

I am slightly disappointed. It was good, some missions stood out in particular.

To me it is clear they are running out of ideas, I saw subtle things copied and pasted from other games, particularly the popular Naughty Dog games. Not on the same level as MW1, WAW, BO1 or MW2 which was what I was hoping for. Too short and I did not care for any of the characters. The captain Price and Nikolai imposters. Lack of character development. Forcing this unrealistic 'alpha' woman which is tiresome. Ruins immersion. If you played Infinite Warfare you will know. Felt like any COD game on PS3 game in spots.

I am sure this is the last COD game for me. Not been impressed since BO1.

I found that scene after end where Laswell and Price are talking and ***SPOILERS*** Price pulls out a bunch of documents of the original MW Trilogy characters, such as Soap, Ghost, and Shepard, and mentions Zakhaev and his son Viktor very interesting. I discussed this with my brothers a bit, one was saying that this means this game was a prequel to the initial trilogy, and I'd personally agree with this, except the fact this game takes place in present day 2019, whereas the original CoD 4 takes place in 2011. I personally believe they're just setting up a potential sequel similar to this year's release, and that is a reimagined reboot, with the same characters we know. So we'll get the same characters, but in a whole different universe with its own timeline. Similar to how we saw Nikolai return, and how in the end it turned out Kyle was Gaz. Just my thoughts on this.

Edited by CristianX-97

This is my first COD game so I haven't played the previous, I thought that I wasn't into shooter campaigns but damn this game's story is good. Lots of heavy shootouts, well made human interactions and even emotionally deep. The chapter 'Hometown' hit really hard, I like how it showed a civilian's POV during war and it was sad as hell. War is common nowadays and situations like these occur all the time.

Going to finish the rest of the game tomorrow

On 10/25/2019 at 11:24 PM, steel6burgh said:

People who can't afford games on launch get so freaking jealous of those of us who can it's pathetic.  Every game release you have some broke chump on here crying about how stupid it is for us to buy games on release.  As I stated once before don't bite the hand that feeds you.  If the devs waited around for your broke asses to buy their game at 20x the discount as some mathematical genius  commented, we wouldn't have very quality games now would we?  Only a complete idiot would sit around and advocate for EVERYONE to quit buying games upon release when that is what keeps them playing these high quality 100 million dollar game productions that they can pick up on sale two years later for nothing.  If WE ALL PAY NOTHING WE WILL ALL GET NOTHING AS FAR AS QUALITY is concerned so sit back and wait and let the BIG BOYS pay your way as always!!!!!

I presume this was aimed at my original post. Firstly thanks for being a big boy and running your mouth on an internet forum like the bad ass that you are. Secondly are people jealous/can't afford the games on release or are they smarter than you for not paying 10x the price that you paid for the same fucking thing....go and think about that you plonker and then come back to me.....

On 10/26/2019 at 0:23 AM, Property_Damage said:

Can we please stop with the "I have a job, kids, etc." routine? It's perfectly fine to forget about a game. I do it all the time, including "memorable" games. But I don't blame it on my family, or my job, or my age. I mean, come on - you're only 36. Your mind should still be a steel trap. 😀

On 26/10/2019 at 1:59 AM, EnforcerAwakens said:

I am considering buying this game.

Would you recommend this game? And what are it’s pros and cons?

Pro: Excellent story, guns feel they have a lot of power, no infinite spawning enemies, no bullet sponge enemies, very generous checkpoints (even on Veteran difficulty.)

Con: 10-12 hours.

I bought it off the PSN for £60 but I don’t regret it. It was an absolutely joy to play. I only got it because I was itching for a FPS game after stop playing them (I think Black Ops 1 on the 360 was the last one I played) for nearly a decade, after playing so many Third Person Shooters, Platforming and RPGs I feel it’s the right time for me to jump back in.

Get it if you can afford it and can put up with the game length. I suspect most people would play this for the online aspect but I never played any of the online modes as I prefer to play solo (as I’m totally rubbish at online shooters.)

Do I have to pay full price for it? No. Am I disappointed? No.

Im thinking of getting the remastered original MW game off the PSN and play that again (seeing that there is no online MP trophies.)

Edited by KHDelBoy

It’s meh. Your basic cod campaign the credits scene got me hyped though. It’s short and to the point. The characters are standard. I think the whole “made developers cry” was just marketing. I wasn’t even close to crying. The missions were nice and varied though. Wouldn’t buy it full price for the campaign. Easy 2 day plat.

9 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

I presume this was aimed at my original post. Firstly thanks for being a big boy and running your mouth on an internet forum like the bad ass that you are. Secondly are people jealous/can't afford the games on release or are they smarter than you for not paying 10x the price that you paid for the same fucking thing....go and think about that you plonker and then come back to me.....

Just because you're budgeting your little 60 bucks for a game it mean absolutely shit to me.  60.00 is nothing my friend.  It's neither stupid or smart when it is such an insignificant amount of money.  Secondly it wasn't aimed at just you because there are a lot of jealous broke little kids on here that run their mouth about how stupid it is to buy a game day 1 not just you.  I think I made my point to why it  is necessary for people to support games day 1.   I was paying 60.00 per game back when you were still shitting your pants most likely.  I pay 60 for games all the time i don't end up liking all that much.  The point is these forums are opinion forums.  People ask how the game is and if I say it sucks don't turn around like a little chump and tell me i'm stupid for buying the game.  I piss the 60 dollars so it doesn't bother me I'm just answering a question so that somebody can make a better informed decision.  I don't mind being the tester because I can more than afford it.  I go out to a bar and spend 60.00 on a round of drinks so i don't see any point on holding out on a game for a 20.00 discount.  I mean here you are on the forum reading up on how the campaign is.  Certainly you realize that the people commenting on this issue bought the game at full price correct??  So my question is did you come on this post to be a troll and tell everyone how stupid they are and not expect anybody to say anything about it?  Here you are waiting until the game is 5.00 you must have money problems and people buying games early must really piss you off because you made about 8 comments on it.  Maybe you should quit being a hypocrite and quit reading early reviews.  I mean you're just so damn smart for waiting for a big sale why didn't anybody else ever think to do that???

Edited by steel6burgh

23 hours ago, CristianX-97 said:

I found that scene after end where Laswell and Price are talking and ***SPOILERS*** Price pulls out a bunch of documents of the original MW Trilogy characters, such as Soap, Ghost, and Shepard, and mentions Zakhaev and his son Viktor very interesting. I discussed this with my brothers a bit, one was saying that this means this game was a prequel to the initial trilogy, and I'd personally agree with this, except the fact this game takes place in present day 2019, whereas the original CoD 4 takes place in 2011. I personally believe they're just setting up a potential sequel similar to this year's release, and that is a reimagined reboot, with the same characters we know. So we'll get the same characters, but in a whole different universe with its own timeline. Similar to how we saw Nikolai return, and how in the end it turned out Kyle was Gaz. Just my thoughts on this.

Spoiler

I think it plays 2009, it says 10 years earlier in the prison mission and i think mentioned that she was there since 1999, she himself saying she is imprisioned for 10 days without water or food. Besides I saw nothing else saying it's 2019, until yoou mean like some situations where it said a date set in 2019. i noticed that too, but pretty sure it just uses the current day, because it said in one mission 28th October 2019, so today for me.