talespagni

So, how's the campaign?

103 posts in this topic

On 27.10.2019 at 8:16 PM, Erkawest said:

The chapter 'Hometown' hit really hard, I like how it showed a civilian's POV during war and it was sad as hell. War is common nowadays and situations like these occur all the time.

I wish more people would state this. It's just like the first scene of Sicario 2. It's something that could happen at any given day at any given time. Like you said, war is common, and things like the Mission "Piccadilly" could really happen in our normal days life. The game does a good job in showing this, and exactly that's the shock factor medias were talking about 

No joke, this game is 10x more serious than the buddy road trip CoD WW2 was. 

Edited by Alihsan621
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PsYcHoNxVa said:

The campaign is pretty damn good.

 

Now that's the review I was waiting for!

 

Thanks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, panikooooos said:

Never seen anyone being so proud of being finessed, the definition of weird flex but ok.

the point is people that think it's a matter of smart are stupid to buy the game for full price evidently really value $60.00 as being some big sum of money maybe the difference between being able to afford rent or not.  Some people don't have that problem so they can spend it more liberally doesn't make them stupid as this moron says.  He acts like he came up with the concept of waiting for a big sale like he's so fucking smart and the rest of us need clued in.  I don't wait for a sale because I don't have or need to.  I spend money foolishly all the time, is it something to be proud of? NO.  Does it make me stupid?  I think not.  Maybe the person who figured out how to come up with throw away money is smarter than the guy sitting around waiting on the new COD to hit $5.00 so he can pay the mortgage.  Maybe he's a broke genius.  I have no idea, but he is a troll because he knows everyone on this post paid full price and he came on here to badger them.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

the point is people that think it's a matter of smart are stupid to buy the game for full price evidently really value $60.00 as being some big sum of money maybe the difference between being able to afford rent or not.  Some people don't have that problem so they can spend it more liberally doesn't make them stupid as this moron says.  He acts like he came up with the concept of waiting for a big sale like he's so fucking smart and the rest of us need clued in.  I don't wait for a sale because I don't have or need to.  I spend money foolishly all the time, is it something to be proud of? NO.  Does it make me stupid?  I think not.  Maybe the person who figured out how to come up with throw away money is smarter than the guy sitting around waiting on the new COD to hit $5.00 so he can pay the mortgage.  Maybe he's a broke genius.  I have no idea, but he is a troll because he knows everyone on this post paid full price and he came on here to badger them.

 

I couldn't give a fuck what you pay or what you pay it for, fact is I choose not to pay it. I can afford it no problem but I opt not to. Nobody came on here to troll anyone, I merely gave my opinion on it. I am interested in the campaign for the game hence I am reading the fucking thread!! However I have 150 odd games still to play prior to this one so have no need to buy it now......

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it is good and fun but nothing like wow what a classic it was. It was nice to see old fellas and their names, it gets you emotional and shit but if the name wasn't Modern Warfare and old fellas wasn't mentioned, l could only remember few missions l can say wow and rest would be just some mediocre vengeance story where they tried really hard to show Kurdish people heroes, cute and shit. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Opinion is Modern Warfare is a good CoD. I like the campaign, and the graphic is awesome.
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2019 at 0:48 AM, anotherfangirl said:

I don‘t think 60 $ or 70 $ is a lot of money for a game. People put a lot of work, ideas and time into developing a game, of course I want to support that. And as someone here already said: initial sales numbers are the lifeblood of a game, not the units it pushes when it's been discounted.

I agree. I buy every major release. I usually get it on the PlayStation store which is a bit more expensive. But you have tons of retailers like ShopTo. They send you the game one to two days before release and you usually pay £5 or £7 less than most retailers.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, talespagni said:

 

Now that's the review I was waiting for!

 

Thanks.

No problem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

 

I couldn't give a fuck what you pay or what you pay it for, fact is I choose not to pay it. I can afford it no problem but I opt not to. Nobody came on here to troll anyone, I merely gave my opinion on it. I am interested in the campaign for the game hence I am reading the fucking thread!! However I have 150 odd games still to play prior to this one so have no need to buy it now......

evidently you do give a fuck....You came on the post to talk about how stupid it is to pay $60.00 so you seem to care quite a bit.  You didn't comment anything on how the game was or ask any questions about the game.  You simply just started badgering everybody about paying full price for a game you wanted a review on, or secretly wish you could afford.  Now tell me something since you're so smart, how you going to get a review for the game if nobody bought it??  Pretty stupid to buy 150 games you didn't bother to play talk about paying full price for a game at least i play them and don't let them sit around like some sort of idiot that wastes his money buying games he doesn't intend to play anytime soon.  LMAO.  seriously you're too easy.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid $109 for the Precision Edition. Fite me.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought whatever the mid edition was for 

PS4 and PC. Don't regret it probably do the same with the next cod if it's good. 

Someone here sounds pretty butthurt that they had to come to a thread like this and cry about the price

 

Campaign is good ps4 I'm doing recruit first for trophies then vet/realism

PC I dove into realism (so pretty)

 

It's a pretty game but I can't get over all the guns feel almost like they shoot as if they are trying to be in a faze clan highlight video. I get real guns have kick but call of duty really never has been realistic on its guns but hey they're trying something new

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though it's a beautiful game, it's the audio that did it for me. With a decent headset with good bass, everything just felt... I don't know... better. Only about halfway through the campaign right now (had to finish Medievil first), but it's definitely one of the better campaigns that we've gotten.

Edited by Gaberdude
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finishing campaign left me wanting more for potential sequel that ending set up (pretty well and exciting i guess) but that's many years away if it eventually happened..

 

I would say I have a good time with it. Some moment is mixed bag, some are great set piece or scenario (like London house raid, very cool).

 

I only have Veteran playthrough left to finished my platinum. it is like 8/10 for me if you are curious.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheLakota said:

I paid $109 for the Precision Edition. Fite me.

 

Me and you are all good due LOL

 

13 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

evidently you do give a fuck....You came on the post to talk about how stupid it is to pay $60.00 so you seem to care quite a bit.  You didn't comment anything on how the game was or ask any questions about the game.  You simply just started badgering everybody about paying full price for a game you wanted a review on, or secretly wish you could afford.  Now tell me something since you're so smart, how you going to get a review for the game if nobody bought it??  Pretty stupid to buy 150 games you didn't bother to play talk about paying full price for a game at least i play them and don't let them sit around like some sort of idiot that wastes his money buying games he doesn't intend to play anytime soon.  LMAO.  seriously you're too easy.

 

My initial comment was I will let you know when the game is £5. I have since responded to people who have responded to me in the most part. I haven't been going round quoting each comment saying they were stupid for buying it. So I am an idiot for buying games and having a backlog? Anyone else have a backlog??? No??? Then those 150 games cost me what you have paid for about 20 so why would I be complaining.

7 hours ago, mackenzie129 said:

Bought whatever the mid edition was for 

PS4 and PC. Don't regret it probably do the same with the next cod if it's good. 

Someone here sounds pretty butthurt that they had to come to a thread like this and cry about the price

 

Campaign is good ps4 I'm doing recruit first for trophies then vet/realism

PC I dove into realism (so pretty)

 

It's a pretty game but I can't get over all the guns feel almost like they shoot as if they are trying to be in a faze clan highlight video. I get real guns have kick but call of duty really never has been realistic on its guns but hey they're trying something new

 

 

Have I hit a nerve with people or something? I made a joke about buying it when it is cheap as most already said the game was really short and suddenly I am butthurt/jealous or whatever the fuck else.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sound was really incredible. Story was okay and gun play was better than the last releases. I saw the Devs saying how it was going to be "the greatest of all time", load of shit in my opinion. And I can't stress enough that they didn't release proper spec ops, which was a main selling point for myself and I'm sure many others.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24. 10. 2019 at 6:25 PM, talespagni said:

Is it kick ass as expected?

 

I don't know if you've already decided to buy the game or not, but I will tell you my opinion because I was also interested in this topic. I decided to buy it mainly because of a single player. I don't play CoD much, but I remember the old campaigns, especially MW1/2 and BO1 being really good. I was in some kind of nostalgic mood and was interested if the new one will be the same.

 

I can't really say anything bad about the campaing. Graphics and sound is top notch. It has simple yet sufficiant story for FPS. The charaters and their lines are well written - not cringe-worthy, which is something I see offen in these types of games. Overall I think it's more then good addition for a game people buy mainly for multiplayer.

 

But I think I've seen all there is to see in these types of games. For me it was just another ordinary FPS. I wasn't bored, but on the other hand not thrilled about it either. Maybe after all these years I'm not into these types of games anymore or the old ones were much better. I don't know...

Edited by BloodyRutz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 4:14 AM, FielVeredus said:

I only have Veteran playthrough left to finished my platinum. it is like 8/10 for me if you are curious.

Yeah lol was also harder than expected, specially at those group enemies zone where you have to camp and clean every single one of them before progressing. Pretty fun when you get 1shot just by peeking for a microsecond and have to restart the whole scene again because of no checkpoints. First 5 missions were pretty easy but the rest got harder

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Yeah lol was also harder than expected, specially at those group enemies zone where you have to camp and clean every single one of them before progressing. Pretty fun when you get 1shot just by peeking for a microsecond and have to restart the whole scene again because of no checkpoints. First 5 missions were pretty easy but the rest got harder

 

Exactly what i got lol

 

Peek and get 1-shot from nowhere or peek and get sneaky from back shotgun 1-shot you to death.

 

Highway of Death was some struggle but after trial and error and found pretty decent safe spot , it can be done. I tried to play like 2-3 level per day before i got hotheaded by some cheap ass shot lol. At least it is easier than some of previous one.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FielVeredus said:

 

Exactly what i got lol

 

Peek and get 1-shot from nowhere or peek and get sneaky from back shotgun 1-shot you to death.

 

Highway of Death was some struggle but after trial and error and found pretty decent safe spot , it can be done. I tried to play like 2-3 level per day before i got hotheaded by some cheap ass shot lol. At least it is easier than some of previous one.

I camped next to the stairs (mission start) and just waited for the enemies to run up and picked them off easily, cleaned most of them on the stairs. But it did suck when they kept tossing molotovs, atleast it was cheese'able that way lol.

 

The last mission's first battle was a pain but I figured that moving back towards the slope/mountain made it easier, since they couldn't rush you from all sides anymore

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 6:14 AM, SKyZoX9 said:

 

You didnt made it like, you didnt remember it, but like EVERYONE didnt. So i dont know why you are surprised people disagree with you. About the ultra rare trophies, if you have an issue with that its your problem, i do ultra rare ones too and for someone who have jobs like you i dont know why you are complaining of having a little break from that. Finally, reminder that ultra rare doesnt mean challenge, i mean if you think the rarest cod are hard games well you didnt see anything.

On an other hand, realist effect is a subjective matter, sorry to not need to get to the point of having a real gun IRL to call it realistic :).

 

Well said. 

 

Rarity doesn’t equate to difficulty. 

 

Just look at the Dark Souls games to see my point. Uncommon to Rare, but rather difficult for those high of percentages. 

 

Then on the the flip side there is stuff like Entwined, Dust: An Elysian Tail and Bound that many people regard as not being that tough despite having very low percentages in rarity. 

 

That essentially means most people tried it, dropped it because they didn’t like it, and moved on to something else. 

 

PS Plus lowers rarity by a LOT. In Call of Duty’s case, it’s not single player, it’s multiplayer that generates the money because that’s all that most people care about. Most of the trophies aren’t hard to get but since only a select few will go for them, that is why the rarity is low for those CoD games.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

Well said. 

 

Rarity doesn’t equate to difficulty. 

 

Just look at the Dark Souls games to see my point. Uncommon to Rare, but rather difficult for those high of percentages. 

 

Then on the the flip side there is stuff like Entwined, Dust: An Elysian Tail and Bound that many people regard as not being that tough despite having very low percentages in rarity. 

 

 

On those games, i can add devil may cry 5 that is hard but still has 5% platinium rate which is high. And right now im working toward my hollw knight platinium, a 9/10 difficulty game where we have a 9% platinium rate. Why ? because people found out a glitch to become invincible. Never forget that despite being trophy hunter there is a portion of them, that aply, the mean justify the end.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SKyZoX9 said:

 

On those games, i can add devil may cry 5 that is hard but still has 5% platinium rate which is high. And right now im working toward my hollw knight platinium, a 9/10 difficulty game where we have a 9% platinium rate. Why ? because people found out a glitch to become invincible. Never forget that despite being trophy hunter there is a portion of them, that aply, the mean justify the end.

 

What some people forget is also if the game is good enough, like the Dark Souls games, then many will try to complete it. 

 

Dark Souls Remastered is an uncommon platinum but I consider the game to be a bit tough for newcomers. There’s a lot of stuff to keep track of, weapons, joining covenants and what your setup is going to be. The thing is, a good majority have already played on PS3, Xbox and PC, so they probably played the game again because they loved it so much. 

 

Then you look at Guacamelee 2 and Megaman X Legacy Collection Vol 2.

 

The latter I am playing right now, all it’s trophies are uncommon but it’s pretty tough for having that high of percentages. The data is skewed, and chances are the vast majority of people had already played these older games back on the PS1 - PS2.

 

For Guacamelee 2, most of everyone played through the first Guacamelee, and the trophy percentages are rather high for how difficult it can be. I consider the game a good 5 or 6 out of 10 in difficulty. Some other games with an uncommon platinum are regarded as extremely easy. 

 

Once more, rarity doesn’t equal difficulty. 

 

Hollow Knight I hear is pretty tough. Has a boss rush that is tough for a lot of people.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

What some people forget is also if the game is good enough, like the Dark Souls games, then many will try to complete it. 

 

The latter I am playing right now, all it’s trophies are uncommon but it’s pretty tough for having that high of percentages. The data is skewed, and chances are the vast majority of people had already played these older games back on the PS1 - PS2.

 

Once more, rarity doesn’t equal difficulty. 

 

Hollow Knight I hear is pretty tough. Has a boss rush that is tough for a lot of people.

 

About Dark souls, the name is famous or infamous for its difficulty, trophy hunter are awared consumers so you either love it and complete it no matter or what or dont touch it.

About Skewed data, what i never read in forum and is mainly just implicit is that, trophy hunter are people who has to have information before playing or buying. Not all of them but most of. This specific aspect of us make it that data will always be biased by the fact that we check the difficulty, we check guides, we check walkthrough and reviews before choosing what to put to our list, and that alone change everthing.

And yes hollow knight is one of the most difficult but also beautifully haunting game i ever played because i didnt play much metroidvania when i was young. Also it is an old school difficulty with very modern game mechanic to attract much younger audiances. As i never glitch for difficulties i will have to do this boss rush the legit way, i respect this game too much, id rather not have the platinium but im pretty confident i can. However. it is the kind of games that requires mental awareness. Where some gamers at the middle of their walkthrough will have the feeling that they are too old for this kind of difficulty. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.