Quink666

Game Size is 116GB, you better make some space ready on your PS4s =>

56 posts in this topic

Thinking about getting it this weekend. I am glad I have unlimited internet and pretty fast download speeds.

 

If this is pushing 120 gb I can only think what next gen is going to be like.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 5:22 PM, snakebit10 said:

Thinking about getting it this weekend. I am glad I have unlimited internet and pretty fast download speeds.

 

If this is pushing 120 gb I can only think what next gen is going to be like.

 

But is this the size on the vanilla/slim PS4 or the PS4 Pro?

 

I know of one AAA game, Middle Earth: Shadow of War, has Pro graphical updates you can get separately. Compared to what you get on the vanilla/slim, there's more space you need to accommodate.

 

As far as next gen goes, if we're getting more of the same from Call of Duty and Battlefield, then I'm in no real hurry to get the latest piece of shit AAA games.

 

This will likely be the first generation in my entire life where I'm thinking of just dropping out entirely. It's been a fun 30 - 40 years, but gaming at this point is turning into a sickening sight that executives have their hands on while people will just play just about anything, especially when it comes to trophies.

 

I'm starting to miss the PS2 era more and more.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

But is this the size on the vanilla/slim PS4 or the PS4 Pro?

 

I know of one AAA game, Middle Earth: Shadow of War, has Pro graphical updates you can get separately. Compared to what you get on the vanilla/slim, there's more space you need to accommodate.

 

As far as next gen goes, if we're getting more of the same from Call of Duty and Battlefield, then I'm in no real hurry to get the latest piece of shit AAA games.

 

This will likely be the first generation in my entire life where I'm thinking of just dropping out entirely. It's been a fun 30 - 40 years, but gaming at this point is turning into a sickening sight that executives have their hands on while people will just play just about anything, especially when it comes to trophies.

 

I'm starting to miss the PS2 era more and more.

This is on a slim ps4. Mine says it is 123 go. When I had Battlefield 1 downloaded, that was over 100 gb.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

This is on a slim ps4. Mine says it is 123 go. When I had Battlefield 1 downloaded, that was over 100 gb.

 

Funny that Detroit: Become Human and God of War 2018 are maybe half of Battlefield 1 in file size, yet look better in terms of graphics. 

 

It just sounds like they didn’t bother to compress file size. With physical media on the decline and on its way out, EA and Activision can throw down massive files because most people download straight from the Store. 

 

DOOM on the PS4 is my biggest game at around 70 - 85+ GBs. But it doesn’t look like anything that deserves that big of size. So I can pretty much bet that like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, they didn’t bother to compress file size.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

Funny that Detroit: Become Human and God of War 2018 are maybe half of Battlefield 1 in file size, yet look better in terms of graphics. 

 

It just sounds like they didn’t bother to compress file size. With physical media on the decline and on its way out, EA and Activision can throw down massive files because most people download straight from the Store. 

 

DOOM on the PS4 is my biggest game at around 70 - 85+ GBs. But it doesn’t look like anything that deserves that big of size. So I can pretty much bet that like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, they didn’t bother to compress file size.

 

They certainly didn't bother to compress it. I looked tonight and with the latest patch it is now up to 131 GB. I've heard they have a battle royale mode coming. So I am guessing that will push it up even more. By the time they are done with all updates this thing could be close to 200 GB.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

 

They certainly didn't bother to compress it. I looked tonight and with the latest patch it is now up to 131 GB. I've heard they have a battle royale mode coming. So I am guessing that will push it up even more. By the time they are done with all updates this thing could be close to 200 GB.

 

Pretty lame to be honest.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.