TLOU2 Delayed until May 2020

kidson2004

Sigh, more development time wasted on this. I just want them to move onto games that aren't TLOU or Uncharted, as quickly as possible. May'be I'd care about the delay and game if it was pushed back to add online multiplayer, so that way I'd know my $60 would be justified due to the playtime I'd rack up in that mode (if good).

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

Just now, EcoShifter said:

Sigh, more development time wasted on this. I just want them to move onto games that aren't TLOU or Uncharted, as quickly as possible. May'be I'd care about the delay and game if it was pushed back to add online multiplayer, so that way I'd know my $60 would be justified due to the playtime I'd rack up in that mode.

That's what I think too. Maybe they want to release MP with the game instead of doing it a few months later. Hope that's the case!

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the game, but its not important to me exactly when it comes out. I was glad to hear the delay was too avoid crunch and undue stress on the developers. I'd rather see the news article about a delya than an expose piece that shows that Naughty Dog is a shitty place to work for. 

• Like 2

Any game delays from ND are just fine by me. ND delays mean it ends up being a better game produced in a time line realistic to their standard instead of a warning sign that the game has issues and they can't get their shit together to fix it. Feb, May, whatever, a few months wait doesn't matter if it means a better experience. 

• Like 1

The "behind the scenes" at Naughty Dog, generally, isn't what some people seem to think it is. Contrary to some/popular belief, bad stuff have gone down there, but I digress.

15 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I just wanted to know if Ghost of Tsushima is still a ps4 game or not...

Again, it's been confirmed that it's a PS4 title still. 

Edited by EcoShifter

3 hours ago, Alaquia said:

if the delay means multiplayer I will be pissed, but if they need the time to enhance the single player experience it's fine

Nope, probably just to make sure everything is up to standards, it's only 3 months, not a year. Just look at MK11, when Netherrealm and WB released it, you can tell it was badly rushed to fit a released timeline and it really showed. Nothing but glitches, Trophies not popping and too many bugs to even mention, nothing but updates to fix something wrong. I'm so glad there's no MP, I found it very repetitive and boring, glad they're only concentrating on the Story. This game is going to be awesome, let them take all the time they need, it will be worth it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

What's three more months after 6+ years? I'm fine with giving it a little more time in the oven if it means the devs won't need to compromise.

I like to play a finished game more like a game which is cancer like BO3 at release. The SP wasn't playable so it's better to have a game later than nothing earlier

I can't say I'm surprised but I fully understand the reasoning and I'm all for it if it means we get the best possible experience as a result. Too many games get released in a broken, sometimes barely functional state with huge day 1 patches that still don't fix the issues, all in the name of meeting a deadline to keep the money rolling in and people (rightfully) moan, so when a Dev actually cares enough to hold off so they can bring the game up to their exceptional standards then there can't be any complaints. It's for our benefit and if it also means the staff don't get put under any extra stress then it's a win-win for everyone.

Was disappointed at first tbh, but it'll give me more time to play the FF7 remake.

5 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I just wanted to know if Ghost of Tsushima is still a ps4 game or not...

Edited by Ghost

honestly at this point they've even said Ghost of Tsushima will now be a fall/Q4 2020 game... still on ps4. id say it be better to delay LoU2 until Nov/Dec and have it launch on both ps4 and ps5 as a launch title. and same with Ghost of Tsushima. maybe even just Tsushima. 

but with new tech. could take longer etc.