Dying Light X Left 4 Dead 2 (Crossover DLC)

EcoShifter

Best zombie game has gotten that crossover with Left 4 Dead 2.

This is incredible.

FYI: Dying Light 2 is still slated for release 2020. Techland have been simultaneously releasing DLC for the first game over the years while working on the second game, so the sequel is fine... for those concerned about it.

Update:

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

Stealth parkour zombie game getting a crossover with FPS action zombie game.

Not sure how I feel about this, both are very different games that happen to have zombies. Techland is also working on a PVP Arena(BR) game called DL: Bad Blood that's in early access.

I just want DL2...

12 hours ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

Stealth parkour zombie game getting a crossover with FPS action zombie game.

Not sure how I feel about this, both are very different games that happen to have zombies. Techland is also working on a PVP Arena(BR) game called DL: Bad Blood that's in early access.

I just want DL2...

The game has some stealth elements, but you shouldn't be listing it as a main genre for the game. 

Their gameplay is fairly similar in areas, such as the melee/weapon combat, gun combat, zombie types, zombie hordes, and L4D2 also has stealth elements.

Edited by EcoShifter

I always played it stealthy like Dishonored. Making noise seemed like a mistake/punishment.

Run and gunning seemed more like running and a lot less gunning. Or am I wrong and missing a play style? I could be, I jusr realized I haven't finished the Following chapter.

Edited by Sky_RykerXD
Forgot about The Following

8 hours ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

I always played it stealthy like Dishonored. Making noise seemed like a mistake/punishment.

Run and gunning seemed more like running and a lot less gunning. Or am I wrong and missing a play style? I could be,

I jusr realized I haven't finished the Following chapter.

There are noise mechanics, yes. Stealth is implemented mostly well, it just has a couple of issues. Dishonored is actually a stealth (action) game, so that makes sense for that game's case.

Not to repeat myself, but the melee gameplay is very similar (dismembering heads being the most apparent) and the gunplay is similar enough. You also climb over things like fences and walls in L4D2, things you also can in DL.

I think it's safe to say "The Following" is one of the best expansions this generation and potentially overall on console, easily, because of its scope, content, and quality.