Specific Co-op questions

Letenko

Hello,

I am very sorry if the answers I'm looking for have been posted in the other co-op threads, I just wasn't able to find them. I am in a similiar situation as B1rvine was in, I have the game twice on 2 consoles as well, I have a girlfriend who would be more than happy to help me get the trophies, but I would like to spare her going through the whole game with me, so I have a few, very clear questions:

• 1. Say I complete the game on hard by myself, unlocking everything I can solo (collectibles + missions) would I be then able to start a co-op game on a specific chapter, inviting somebody who hasn't gotten to that part of the story on their save file and unlock the missions/get the collectibles with them?

• 2. If not, say I complete the game on easy with a co-op partner, we rush through it, collecting and completing only the things which absolutely require a co-op game. Would I then be able to start a solo NG+ on hard, collecting and completing everything else by myself, thus having a 100% save file, unlocking the online co-op trophies?

• 3. If not, does that mean that the only way to truly 100% this game on a single save file is by doing a 100% Run with a co-op partner?

Thank you very much for answering.

7 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

The game has chapter select. 

Thank you,

I am well aware of that fact. I presume, you were answering question 1., I was asking if I can host a co-op game for specific chapter and have somebody who just booted up the game for the first time and hasn't reached that part of the game, join me.

In case someone will be looking for this info in the future, I took the bullet and went in to find out:

It is actually quite easy, at ANY time in the game you can press the start button, click on "invite friend" and they will be able to join your game no matter how far down the story they are. Once they join you, you either have to restart the checkpoint, or get to the next checkpoint, then they will spawn in.

There are only 3 co-op mission in the game (I did the first one solo with 2 consoles on normal, all easy except the final fight took a few tries) you can just invite your friend whenever one comes up, go through it and let them leave once you all get the desired collectibles. Works like a charm.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

So it's basically dependent on the session host? That makes things simpler for when I start it.

Exactly, as far as I know, the collectibles you collect in co-op should count for the partner as well as the host, but I haven't tested that. The host will definitely get them. 

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...