Trophy thoughts?

ArmoredSnowman

Great... From the same people who brought us that Rambo on rails shooter, and they made 2 other rail shooters before that.

I'd guess it's an on rails shooter, but it says "run and gun or sneak and hack" FPS. Trophies list looks easy but I wouldn't play it.

Track record for anyone wondering about the Devs

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Teyon

• Like 1

I don't know why people can still make fun of hannah montana and terminator these days. There are HUNDREDS of PS4 games these days, which are way shorter and obviously trophy cash grabs. Terminator and Hannah Montana were just kinda crappy license based games (enjoyed both to be honest, especially coop in terminator was kinda fun).

To Terminator Resistance: Obviously its not a technical masterpiece. Graphics are outdated but i hope there are some nice t1 and t2 references like the face of the T1000 shown in the video above. Trophy list looks easy but at least they put a little bit effort in it, by adding some additional trophies while playing through the game. From an casual gamer perspective this must be a nice list, because all the story based trophies are gold ones, so you get a nice completion even if you aren't a trophy hunter at all). If this game has no trophy bugs and the price drops to 40-45 than it'll be an instant buy for me. Game has way more depth than salvation (skill tree, salvage crafting system etc), even though the hacking minigame seems way too repetitive.

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 4

Looks like a very easy plat, but from what I've seen the game looks terrible. Can see the reviews around 2-3/10. If it is that bad I can't believe Sony advertised it and i can't believe they have the cheek to charge £50, bet the price will drop fast. 

Edited by GUDGER666
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Arin1979 said:

Price? uhm... 20 € physical 1f618.png

It is a $60 game in the U.S.A., not sure what that would equal to for your country.

I never played The infamous PS3 game, This I may consider if it comes down in price. I can not see paying $60 dollars for this when there are far better games released cheaper than this. 

• Like 1

You know, I may actually get this. I guess I am a fan of Terminator, and honestly, I know this doesnt look perfect, but I dont think it looks that bad.

Thing is, I was really looking forward to Doom, I havent scratched my FPS itch in a long long time. TR may fill that void that the Doom delay has left for me ;(

The trophy icons here literally look like they took about 3 minutes haha.

Some trophies look like they may be missable, all depends on if there is a chapter select or not.

Anyhow, if I do get it, I will likely just record a gameplay walkthrough, some guides and probably only get platinum if it is good.

Its released in UK 3 weeks earlier almost than NA. Thats a wierd one, was it done by a UK dev or something?

with all the i guess Lore in Terminator franchise, you'd think finding 26 different images would be easy.... but nope. they just use the half arnold face/t-800 and throw colored backgrounds.

i remember playing Salvation. 100% obvs. not the greatest game. It was fun for a few hours though, lacked enemy variety. But yeah ill probably forget this exists again by next week.

The movie is good though, even if it does play it safe but pulling more than a few cards from Judgment Day.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Gage said:

http://www.powerpyx.com/terminator-resistance-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Tl;dr: Like 5 hours if you rush, 10 hours if you do everything. Easy to get missables. 

It's by far the best "bad" game I've ever played. If it weren't launching at AAA price I would legit recommend it because it's pretty fun in spite of itself. 

Thanks for this Gage. Will be sure to pick this one up.

On 10/25/2019 at 0:40 AM, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

The game isn't actually made by the Rambo the Video Game team like everyone believes. It was funded by them. They made a working version of this in a 24 hour game jam last year and received funding and the license agreement from the Rambo Publisher. I'm sure they pulled some of the Rambo team to work on it, but its not fully the same people.  Iv seen the game play and the trophy list will be really easy to obtain. The game itself though still has some rough graphics and you can tell the budget was not very large. It is a first person shooter but depending on where you are in the game, weapons can't actually kill terminators so it turns into more a linear stealth game. honestly reminds me a bit more of Rouge Warrior.

thank you. you're one of the very few people who comment on here offering an inteligent and informative comment 

On 25-10-2019 at 11:58 AM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

It's terrifying that this year it will be released a game thousand times worse than The Division 2, Anthem and Ghost Recon Breakpoint... 

I'll buy it only for the platinum when it will be around 10€ in the PS Store

You must be one of the most ignorant people on this website. All you do is tell lies. Spread propaganda. I can tell you aren't that smart. That's fine, but just stay quiet then. Thank you.

• Like 1

I was honestly looking forward to this when it was first announced and this rambling just reminds me of the hate Aliens colonial marines got which in turn was actually a pretty good game also. How do you expect the developers to improve with a lot of folk instantly dismissing it cause of bad graphics. I've only just gotten half way through and it's an enjoyable experience and all I've ever really cared about is gameplay and how the game operates so far there's been no frame drops in any section, I've not experienced game breaking bugs just a few T-800's stuck on a door, it honestly holds out damn well compared to other "highly graphical" AAA games.

The best thing to happen to the Terminator franchise since T2. While it may not be up to AAA standards, it is a work of passion and nails the atmosphere.

Edited by danielc655
  • Like 4