Need help/advice on nice shooting tex

Like the title says need help cause I can't seem to get past the first time in the hotel without racking up almost the 100,000 limit.

I know I'm supposed to hang back and let the other ghost busters handle most things but when ghosts toss things in my direction I get penalized and not cheaply either like I did really well this last try got all the way to the battle with the sea captain in the dining area at the end of the level and he tosses the piano and it totally missed me but it racks up 20,000 in damages then he tosses a table there went 10,000 and this is how that whole fight goes and before that dlimer tossing food and stuff was costing me in the hundreds and I'm on the easiest setting so I don't get why it's doing this

Also sometimes I accrue damages when I'm standing still like when I call the elevator in the hotel it pops up with 5,000 damages when I didn't break anything

• 1 year later...

I had some nerve racking moments in the museum, I managed to make it all the way to the Civil War area with sub $12,000 in damages and I was actively playing not just running around doing nothing. Then I somehow hit a cannon and boom $20k. Now just a little over $30k, I pressed on. Then in the Egyptian  section I slimed something I thought was not destroyable and got $55k for $85k. I spent the rest of that level doing diddly squat. By the time I got through the Sedgwick I was at ~$93k and was sweating bullets. Luckily the last 2 levels don't count damage wise but man that was close, especially after playing almost flawlessly for most of the game.

I think this should have been a special mode where if you restart a checkpoint it wipes the damage done so there is no need to either replay the whole game because of one off shot or save scum. And walking into a trash bag or flipped over chair shouldn't fine me!

Otherwise, this has been a great game and would have made a hell of a sequel. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

A good strategy is to wait for the other Ghostbusters to wreck most of the stuff in the NY, hotel and museum levels. That way it will not add to the damage bill and you can contribute as well catching ghosts witouth the fear of breaking things.

Also aim as much to the floor or in the sky to avoid hitting objects.

I just finished the campaign with 8320 total damage, so its easy obtainable if you are being carefull.

Edited by witteijsbeer