Need help/advice on nice shooting tex

Like the title says need help cause I can't seem to get past the first time in the hotel without racking up almost the 100,000 limit.

I know I'm supposed to hang back and let the other ghost busters handle most things but when ghosts toss things in my direction I get penalized and not cheaply either like I did really well this last try got all the way to the battle with the sea captain in the dining area at the end of the level and he tosses the piano and it totally missed me but it racks up 20,000 in damages then he tosses a table there went 10,000 and this is how that whole fight goes and before that dlimer tossing food and stuff was costing me in the hundreds and I'm on the easiest setting so I don't get why it's doing this

Also sometimes I accrue damages when I'm standing still like when I call the elevator in the hotel it pops up with 5,000 damages when I didn't break anything

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 29/06/2020 at 0:52 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

Save scumming is saving frequintly when your doing a good job then if u screw up reload the save and try again and repeat till you get what your aiming for 

I’ve been going for the trophy and had to restart a few times I put it on casual and then somehow go over what I’m aiming for on the mission so I’ve gave up for today 

• 1 month later...

Got this today with no problems. No glitches either.

my advice is:

Don't use the Boston dart. I used it once at close range and got $6000 in the museum. Don’t risk it.

For ground enemies: aim at the ground and walk backwards firing. Slime works well against them.

Most ghosts are airborne so wait until they are  way above your head. Use short bursts, wait until they are three HP (usually in the red) and you can safety guide them to your trap.

For flying stone statues in Times Square, MAKE sure to smash them on the buildings on your sides, not down into the street as they can damage the cars and rack up $$$. Did this once and got $3000(!)

In the museum, short bursts on airborne ghosts down to 3hp (red) then slime tether them to your trap which will be instant-trap. More safer than guiding them into the trap. This is useful especially in the civil war area.

once you get to the island, you’re safe (as long you don’t go nuts in the firehouse in between which counts towards the damage count.)

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Kwotey said:

I just started this game.. I was doing well enough until the stay puft 2nd level. I hit one bus window and bam 80k I can see this being a joke. I'm definitely not going for the plat on this one.. 

Can just do massive damage trophy first run and do a second playthrough clean like I did. It's an enjoyable game to come back to.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

If you try this on casual, its easy if you are careful. I was backing up my save every time i was finishing a chapter. I only messed up once on Times Square but I loaded my save and from then i went smooth. Finished with 18,000$ . 7,000$ of them were in the hotel level. Managed to finish Times Square with 158$ damage and museum with 4,000$. Return to the hotel might get you minimums damage and the last 2 levels 0 damage so you can go nuts on those. On the other levels, AI can do the job and you can help carefully either shooting really high in the air ot really low close to your feet to avoid hitting anything. If you are not sure whether to shoot or not, then don't! Stay close to your partners and revive them every time they are down. 

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

Sorry to revive an older thread.

I was wondering does chapter select help with this trophy? as in can I do a level and then replay it and do less damage, would it count or do I just have to do an entire new playthrough?

It's been a long while but I think you can? But I'd suggest doing a complete new playthrough just to be safe you can save scum if I remember right so u can save before a level if u screw up reload a save from the cloud

• Like 1