Spec Ops trophy

The 4 Special Operations missions aren't the same ones that are needed for the trophy you need to finish all the Spec Ops missions. The Spec Ops missions required for the trophy haven't been unlocked it. Therefore the Spec Ops trophy is not obtainable as of 10/25/19.

3 hours ago, KTILLA23 said:

The 4 Special Operations missions aren't the same ones that are needed for the trophy you need to finish all the Spec Ops missions. The Spec Ops missions required for the trophy haven't been unlocked it. Therefore the Spec Ops trophy is not obtainable as of 10/25/19.

Ah. That's silly of Infinity Ward, considering Spec Ops is short for Special Operations.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KTILLA23 said:

Then how have 82 people got the platinum then?

Edit: Nevermind haha

I played 2 of those spec ops missions earlier. The one where you have to hack the 5 devices around the stadium. Jeez man it was hard as fuck! Just enemies everywhere and no cover. And i kept running out of ammo :/

Edited by Radford999
  • Like 1

So far all we have are these 4 Operations which im sure alot of people have beaten already, But yeah im willing to bet that we dont have all the missions released yet,its either that or the Classic Special Ops mission called SAFEGUARD which nobody can beat due to the glitch at the end not being able to extract is causing the trophy not to be unlocked.

OPERATION HEADHUNTER

OPERATION KUVALDA

OPERATION PALADIN

OPERATION CROSSWIND

• Like 1

Hello

I would like inform You guys that this special operation safeguard is not glitched :) Below present movie how I finished should..In this movie I just decided defend as long as I can and other members (was random party) tried jump...When I saw that someone enter to helicopter I just started searching how he did it....Before run to helicopter I just saw small hill and try jump to helicopter from there. Did it for the first try...Got hope that this movie will help You...Also finished all Spec operation and classic spec ops and still trophy didn't unlock :(I also would like notice that in one mission I just joined in the middle mission it was Headhunter....

On 10/26/2019 at 0:52 AM, Radford999 said:

Then how have 82 people got the platinum then?

Edit: Nevermind haha

I played 2 of those spec ops missions earlier. The one where you have to hack the 5 devices around the stadium. Jeez man it was hard as fuck! Just enemies everywhere and no cover. And i kept running out of ammo :/

just have someone land on the stadium after they die and respawn and then they stay up there until the mission is over you can't get wiped that way.  No enemies will get you up there except possibly the helicopter at the end.

17 hours ago, cam_wick said:

not so much about the trophy itself: I understand you can play spec ops in 4 player coop. is this online only or also split screen? and is it possible to just play with one other person in a private lobby or are they always automatically public 4 player lobbies? thx in advance?

The 4 Spec ops operations are 4 player only. You can only search lobbies and not start private games with it as far as i saw. The only private games you can create are classic Spec Ops with Safeguard mission. More missions are to come with the classic 3 star rating according to the devs. Also surival you can play in private. Splitscreen i don't really now since i never use it.

This is unobtainable as of 29/10/19. I'm seeing a lot of people profoundly proclaiming on forums that they are awaiting a fix as they think it's linked to the Operations and almost arguing about it. Spec Ops "Operations" and "Missions" are separate. The former is available, the latter isn't for unknown reasons (probably why its "DLC" and not on the base list). This clarification from the Activision Blog should put it to bed (this has been available from launch, and clearly states Operations and Missions are separate and available on all platforms, to end that debate). 

Operations (Available, but not required as per achievement/trophy description)
"As you infil into one of the many war-torn zones within Special Ops, you and your team have full latitude on how to accomplish your Operations. This Special Ops game mode is a 4 player matchmade activity centered around interconnected experiences that take the form of objectives, each culminating in the removal or destruction of a key logistical aspect of the Al-Qatala army."

Missions (Unavailable, required as per achievement description states)
"Complementing the multi-stage Operations, and also available across all platforms, are additional Missions, which can be played solo or with up to four players. Whereas Operations give you the widest breadth of strategic and tactical choice, Missions are a more curated experience where your proficiency with specific weapons, killstreaks, and other tools will be tested. These Missions are extremely replayable, and you’re able to achieve a 1, 2, or 3-star ranking based on your performance. Naturally, there will be an “Infinity Ward time” that you can attempt to beat!"

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Operations (Available, but not required as per achievement/trophy description)
"As you infil into one of the many war-torn zones within Special Ops, you and your team have full latitude on how to accomplish your Operations. This Special Ops game mode is a 4 player matchmade activity centered around interconnected experiences that take the form of objectives, each culminating in the removal or destruction of a key logistical aspect of the Al-Qatala army."

Missions (Unavailable, required as per achievement description states)
"Complementing the multi-stage Operations, and also available across all platforms, are additional Missions, which can be played solo or with up to four players. Whereas Operations give you the widest breadth of strategic and tactical choice, Missions are a more curated experience where your proficiency with specific weapons, killstreaks, and other tools will be tested. These Missions are extremely replayable, and you’re able to achieve a 1, 2, or 3-star ranking based on your performance. Naturally, there will be an “Infinity Ward time” that you can attempt to beat!"

Still wonder why the reddit update thread states:

10/28/19 - Title Update

• We’ve done work on the backend to help with stability and prevent crashes across all platforms. If you experience a crash, please let us know

• Fix for a Special Ops Achievement that was not unlocking after completing all missions

• 3rd person footsteps are now silent while the Dead Silence Field Upgrade is active

• Hardpoint: Adjustments to the hill rotations and locations on Arklov Peak, Azhir Cave, Hackney Yard, Rammaza, and St. Petrograd

Does this mean the operations are neccessary for the trophy? Is it fixed now? Still 0.0% completion in psn or here so either no one tried it or they still mean actual missions which are not available yet? Way to confusing. Despite the fact they release the game teasing all spec ops stuff is available at launch and then we don't get every mission yet. 

17 hours ago, lyteswype said:

Still wonder why the reddit update thread states:

10/28/19 - Title Update

• We’ve done work on the backend to help with stability and prevent crashes across all platforms. If you experience a crash, please let us know

• Fix for a Special Ops Achievement that was not unlocking after completing all missions

• 3rd person footsteps are now silent while the Dead Silence Field Upgrade is active

• Hardpoint: Adjustments to the hill rotations and locations on Arklov Peak, Azhir Cave, Hackney Yard, Rammaza, and St. Petrograd

Does this mean the operations are neccessary for the trophy? Is it fixed now? Still 0.0% completion in psn or here so either no one tried it or they still mean actual missions which are not available yet? Way to confusing. Despite the fact they release the game teasing all spec ops stuff is available at launch and then we don't get every mission yet. 

It's not fixed. No one knows why they said that on Reddit patch notes. On TrueAchievements it sparked a story, and it was corrected to say that it wasn't fixed. There is nothing TO fix. The missions simply aren't out yet. Another clue is that its weird they didn't say "and trophies" considering their exclusivity deal with PS on some side-content, and that PS is also affected.

The only thing I saw someone post that seemed logical in explaining that highlighted patch note was that an Operator Award (non-trophy related) which was previously bugged got fixed, so they could have just worded that clumsily as "achievement" (like an in-game achievement)? Idk.

I'll simplify by saying this - if their description is correct, its a case of just waiting for Spec Ops missions (which may explain why they released it as a DLC achievement/trophy). If the Operations are somehow required, then they got the description completely wrong AND bugged the achievement/trophy. I think the former is more likely. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

Yep, it’s still not fixed. I finished every 4 Operation last night and after replaying the first one that I already got, I just unlocked the Operator Zane. Unfortunately the trophy didn’t Trigger at his unlock ??‍♂️ I‘m pretty sure that the trophy should Trigger at his unlock if the operations are really the right „missions“ for the trophy.

5 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

It's not fixed. No one knows why they said that on Reddit patch notes. On TrueAchievements it sparked a story, and it was corrected to say that it wasn't fixed. There is nothing TO fix. The missions simply aren't out yet. Another clue is that its weird they didn't say "and trophies" considering their exclusivity deal with PS on some side-content, and that PS is also affected.

The only thing I saw someone post that seemed logical in explaining that highlighted patch note was that an Operator Award (non-trophy related) which was previously bugged got fixed, so they could have just worded that clumsily as "achievement" (like an in-game achievement)? Idk.

I'll simplify by saying this - if their description is correct, its a case of just waiting for Spec Ops missions (which may explain why they released it as a DLC achievement/trophy). If the Operations are somehow required, then they got the description completely wrong AND bugged the achievement/trophy. I think the former is more likely. 

Makes sense. Thanks for the information! Also to @YesImAPwnda for the update. At least I don't have to bother with those annoying missions operations then. Since some bugs occured for me in every playthrough I'm happy I can skip them for now.

Edited by lyteswype
  • Like 1

I tried playing the first Spec Ops mission yesterday after achieving platinum, just to see that I don't miss any fun aspects of the game... Lol. You are flooded with enemies towards the end that respawn all the time. Sadly, left the game after the whole team spent reviving each other for 10 minutes.

What is this mode lol

2 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I tried playing the first Spec Ops mission yesterday after achieving platinum, just to see that I don't miss any fun aspects of the game... Lol. You are flooded with enemies towards the end that respawn all the time. Sadly, left the game after the whole team spent reviving each other for 10 minutes.

What is this mode lol

I’ve only played that first spec ops mission a couple of times and jeez there are so many enemies. I actually thought it was really hard lol