Spec Ops trophy

5 hours ago, Erkawest said:

I tried playing the first Spec Ops mission yesterday after achieving platinum, just to see that I don't miss any fun aspects of the game... Lol. You are flooded with enemies towards the end that respawn all the time. Sadly, left the game after the whole team spent reviving each other for 10 minutes.

What is this mode lol

You can easily beat all of those maps by having somebody hang out on a roof or in a room with one point of entry to stay alive and avoid a team wipe.  Without these methods of "cheesing" they are extremely hard to beat.  Which is the part of this game I find bad.  You shouldn't have to hang out on a roof of a building to cheese a win.  It seems lazy that they can't come up with a challenge other than continuously spawning enemies.  I'm sure there is a legitimate method probably involving saving up points to spawn in with the kill streaks like turrets etc.  Maybe even you can pay for credits for these items I'm' not sure.  It takes awhile to save up for them and some of them cost 3000 credits per use. To put it into perspective i played these missions about 10 hours over two nights and have about 8500 points saved.  A helicopter assault or whatever it's called costs like 3000.  A sentry turrets cost 500.   I wouldn't be surprised if spec ops didn't end up pay to win.  I find it hard to believe they made these continuous spawning enemies so difficult just so people can camp on the roof and win.    

• Like 1

Let's hope that this is not another Ghostbusters situation where if you have beaten all missions then you will be locked out of the trophy permanently as that will suck. Im 100% sure we have not got all the content yet and that is why nobody has earned it yet.

However im also concerned that if they make us wait till the next call of duty comes out next year with the last dlc we will not have alot of time or movement too moan at them about fixing it if it does not unlock as the next focus is on call of duty 2020 but i guess we play the waiting game.

I'm starting to get concerned they got the description wrong and meant that you need to complete the operations. They keep saying they're trying to "fix" the achievement/trophy, even though according to the description we don't have what we need yet. No idea how such a big studio can be so inept over a single achievement/trophy.

On 01/11/2019 at 2:54 PM, Airboom4849 said:

i'm on my last operation so hopefully i get it i also completed safeguardjust to be safe ill post here again if i do get

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-10/Feature-All-the-Intel-You-Need-on-Special-Ops 

=========

Operations: As you infil into one of the many war-torn zones within Special Ops, you and your team have full latitude on how to accomplish your Operations. This Special Ops game mode is a 4 player matchmade activity centered around interconnected experiences that take the form of objectives, each culminating in the removal or destruction of a key logistical aspect of the Al-Qatala army.

Employ different strategies. Go in quietly or tackle the insurrection head-on. The enemy reacts to your team’s decisions, meaning the outcome of any battle can change.

At launch, you will embark on four multi-stage Operations with more scheduled to come throughout the post launch seasons. All post launch Operations will be coming to all platforms simultaneously.

Missions: Complementing the multi-stage Operations, and also available across all platforms, are additional Missions, which can be played solo or with up to four players. Whereas Operations give you the widest breadth of strategic and tactical choice, Missions are a more curated experience where your proficiency with specific weapons, killstreaks, and other tools will be tested. These Missions are extremely replayable, and you’re able to achieve a 1, 2, or 3-star ranking based on your performance. Naturally, there will be an “Infinity Ward time” that you can attempt to beat.

=========

Edited by PhantomFear94

18 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Do you just need to beat one more spec op or all of them again?

If you already did every single one I guess one is enough. But in general, all 4 should be required.

8 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Stupid, the operations shouldn't be required, they got the description wrong in this case. Ah well, will do them tonight.

How hard are the operations? 

Totally relate. Guess there is no other choice. In terms of difficulty: The first one is really annoying already. It could be the most annoying one of the 4. Since the NPCs are really strong with the low TTK in this game it can get really hard sometimes.

10 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Stupid, the operations shouldn't be required, they got the description wrong in this case. Ah well, will do them tonight.

Really tough. There are infinite rounds of enemies everywhere so you probably need a coordinated team. Easiest to hardest imo is Kuvalda, Crosswind, Headhunter and Paladin

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

You definitely need a good team which is every person must know what they are doing. Team play is the key                                                                                                                                                             

1 hour ago, TAY1OR1437 said:

Really tough. There are infinite rounds of enemies everywhere so you probably need a coordinated team. Easiest to hardest imo is Kuvalda, Crosswind, Headhunter and Paladin

Damn. Playing on Xbox, so won't be able to recruit any help here, but thanks for the information. On the basis it's simply a case of getting through them, I'm hoping that with luck and perseverance it will be possible to do via matchmaking. I hear they have checkpoints, too, so we'll see. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

35 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Damn. Playing on Xbox, so won't be able to recruit any help here, but thanks for the information. On the basis it's simply a case of getting through them, I'm hoping that with luck and perseverance it will be possible to do via matchmaking. I hear they have checkpoints, too, so we'll see. 

The missions includes checkpoints after each objective you finish. I did all 4 with randoms through matchmaking and it made it really hard for myself. Just be aware of every corner you pass because sometimes you’ll think it’s clear when it’s not. There’s plenty of strategies to use 

Just unlocked the trophy, it popped up after beating 4th mission, right after the "Mission accomplished" (or something) screen. Probably thanks to today's patch.

Anyway, it's hard, but doable with randoms, like I did. You have to be lucky not to get noobs/retards, but I don't think it took me more than 5 tries each op. PKM/M91 with extended amo belt + Riot shield is probably the best and most universal loadout for Spec Ops imo. Especially the shield, when your team consist of 4 shieldwielders, you know your chances are pretty good ?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

does anyone know if this is completely fixed yet, because im planning on getting the game but dont want another uncompleted game on my profile...

Well I don't know if it's "completely fixed" but people are already getting the trophy and I can confirm that the game counts even the missions finished before the patch, I completed the first one few days after launch and got the trophy without any problem.

1 minute ago, czDante92 said:

Well I don't know if it's "completely fixed" but people are already getting the trophy and I can confirm that the game counts even the missions finished before the patch, I completed the first one few days after launch and got the trophy without any problem.

Alright, good to know. I could definitely use the silver trophy boost, looking at the game's list ?

10 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

unless they patched them they aren't that bad.  the key is to cheese them by having someone hold down a certain area while the others attack objective.  On two of the missions you hang out on top of a roof completely safe while your team hits the objectives.  On the 2nd mission you can easily hide out in the air control tower near the runway that has sniper rifles and unlimited amo.  You can provide your team some cover and if about to die crouch down behind the consoles to regain health.  The hardest one is the one where you have to protect the armored vehicle.  I didn't see a way to cheese it but I would imagine having a team and using sentry turrets when defending the crates would make it a lot easier.  It's the only one I haven't finished yet.  I did them all in a public lobby without a mic.  I always held down an area and stayed alive and let my team rush the objective.  People rushing the objective will die over and over again.  If everyone rushes you are getting wiped.  If people spread out the enemies spread out.

• Like 1

Well atleast the Platinum was easy. These Spec Ops missions are tedious and not fun at all. I managed to complete them all with public lobbies, Paladin was the worst of them all. Took me basically all of my Sunday to get it done, even then I’d say my successful attempt was pure luck based.

I really wish they had made the spec ops trophy related to single player spec ops trials. This infinite waves of enemies while doing objectives with random people is... awful, just awful.

Makes me sad to know they’re going to make more of these, which will very likely have trophies tied to them of course.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2019 at 9:15 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

The game has crossplay so it does not matter what console you are playing on.

• Like 3