Easy A Sutra of Pain trophy

ZeromusF4

Once you get to Port Maerifa, about 5ish hours into the game you will unlock the spear weapon to use in the overworld. You press triangle to shoot it. Once you are hostile to the guards in the town just fine one and throw the spear over and over til you get a combo of 108 or more. Do this in the overworld before you engage in combat.

• 4 months later...
On 10/25/2019 at 6:39 PM, ZeromusF4 said:

Once you get to Port Maerifa, about 5ish hours into the game you will unlock the spear weapon to use in the overworld. You press triangle to shoot it. Once you are hostile to the guards in the town just fine one and throw the spear over and over til you get a combo of 108 or more. Do this in the overworld before you engage in combat.

You can do it a lot earlier than that, on the flying fortress.  After you beat the big boss and are in the outside area where you jump really really high (the area where you can get Tungar if you want), make your way up and you'll come across a few spinning red light enemies.  The second or third (I forget) is just outside of the door you need to enter to continue, and you can get him against the ledge leading to the door and spam him with bow attacks. 

Edited by themindisacity

• 2 months later...

I had issues trying to attack with the bow, as after a few hits, they become invincible for a short time and i would lose the combo.

The easiest spot for me (and doesn't take as long a time as standing and throwing a weapon over and over) was during the Desert level just after the flying fortress. While you are exploring the underground pyramid and looking for the sand worm you come across a room that when you step on a switch a small potted plant looking enemy drops down to fight you..it is actually a large group of 8 or so that you have to fight at once.  Make sure you have your iddhi gauge full and use all 3 bars with Ajna's Special ability and the combo should hit all of them enough times to pop the trophy...There are 2 rooms like this so if you miss it in the first one you will have another chance with the second room.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I managed to get it in the area where you obtain the axe.

It's one of the skinny blue looking enemies you can fight after getting the axe, and what I did was after the fight, I did some hits on it, got it to the wall to my right, then kept doing slide attacks against the wall and juggling the enemy until the hit counter combo number got to 108 since you can hit enemies after battle.

When I stopped, the trophy popped once the enemy faded away.