RUMORED PS5 Launch and Beyond Games

kidson2004

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/10/guide_all_ps5_games_confirmed_or_rumoured?page=5

Now, take this with a HUGE grain of salt. I’ll post them below and give you all the link so you can read the article for yourselves. 

Games that are Rumored are the following:

Cyberpunk 2077

Death Stranding

Demon’s Souls Remake

Dreams

Dying Light 2

The Elder Scrolls VI

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Ghosts of Tsushima 

God of War 2

Guerrilla Multiplayer Shooter (No official confirmed name)

Harry Potter RPG

Horizon Zero Dawn 2

The Last of Us 2

The Lord of The Rings: Gollum

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2

The Playroom 2

Project Awakening 

Sniper Elite 5

Starfield 

Uncharted 5

Watch Dogs Legion

Now, some of these have been unconfirmed, or partially confirmed by the developers themselves. Some on here are educated guesses (hence the salt reference). So until there’s official word on the launch titles for the PlayStation 5, here’s a glimpse of what’ll be on deck for release. What do you all think? Me personally, I’m more interested in Ghosts of Tsushima (is confirmed to be a PS4 title as well) God of War 2 and Cyberpunk 2077. Should be a good launch. 

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 2

The list in the link is a mix of launch and future PS5 titles, not just launch titles. In context of future PS5 titles, i'm pretty sure all of them will be on PS5 at some point. I'd even argue that any big event title released on the PS4 in 2020 will have a PS5 release too - - Legion getting pushed to next year is a good example

But in context of launch titles, I very much doubt even a fraction of these games (if any) will be launch titles. There is stuff in there which has barely been in a development cycle - E.g Starfield and a follow-up to Skyrim. The only game i'd say have a a chance to be a dedicated PS5 only launch title is Horizon 2 and even then we've heard nothing about it so it's more likely we'll see that at E3 2020 and it'll be a holiday release.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

Whoever made this list doesn't have a clue about video game development, do they? :lol: The only "rumoured" game on that list I could possibly see happening would be a Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, since by the time the PS5 launches, Guerrilla should be about ready to go with a new game. It doesn't make sense to include any PS4 games with a confirmed release date considering how the PS5 is backwards compatible.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Why would we have remastered ps4 titles for ps5? Isn't backwards compatibility a ps5 feature?

As this been confirmed? Because i very doubt it with ps now getting bigger and better. Be such an own goal for sony.

Edit. Sorry it is backwards compat with ps4. Thought it was just rumours. But still suprised when theres ps now about

Apart from the games mentioned in the list that are currently coming out for ps4, the only one u can see being true is uncharted 5. 

Not getting my hopes up tho because its normally rubbish for first 12-18 months of release

Edited by dannyswfc9

18 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I see God of War 2, Horizon 2, and Spider-Man 2 coming but not at launch or even the first 2 years.

Agreed.  There is not a chance in hell of either of these games getting a sequel anytime soon.  I think even if they could reuse assets, we'd still be in for a long wait, especially when you consider the fact that Sony tends not to cheap out with their Triple A releases.

19 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

I'd be stunned if God of War 2 and Spider-Man 2 were launch titles. Looks like somebody looked at a list of best selling PS4 games and stuck a 2 at the end of them

That's probably the case.  There's not a chance in hell we'll see a follow up to either of these games until 2022 at the earliest.  Having said that, though, I suspect the follow up sequels to these games are almost certainly in development as we speak.  Considering their enormous success, it would be surprising otherwise.

One thing I have noticed not mentioned is what Sony's Japanese studios are doing.  At least one of them is probably at work on a launch title as we speak.  What that could be is anyone's guess, though.

My grandma's brother's friend works for the hairstylist of a doctor who saw a patient who went to school with a person who has a friend who saw a guy who worked with Sony and they said that Legend of Dragoon Remake, Ape Escape Trilogy Remake, Wild Arms 6, Agent finally comes back as a PS5 exclusive, GTAVI exclusive to PS5, God of War 7, Resistance 12, Halo: Reach, Super Mario Sunshine remake, Pokemon GO, and Candy Land: The Video Game were all coming to PS5 at launch.

Get hyped guys.

• Like 4

Personally, I would love to see Wild Arms revived as a series.  It has everything it needs to be an amazing Triple A release.  I think if given the proper resources, Wild Arms could be as big an RPG series as Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest or Fallout (before Bethesda Softworks ran it into the dirt).  At the very least, it could make for an amazing Double A release.

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

My grandma's brother's friend works for the hairstylist of a doctor who saw a patient who went to school with a person who has a friend who saw a guy who worked with Sony and they said that Legend of Dragoon Remake, Ape Escape Trilogy Remake, Wild Arms 6, Agent finally comes back as a PS5 exclusive, GTAVI exclusive to PS5, God of War 7, Resistance 12, Halo: Reach, Super Mario Sunshine remake, Pokemon GO, and Candy Land: The Video Game were all coming to PS5 at launch.

Get hyped guys.

The Legend of Dragoon remake would be a deal breaker for me buying a PS5 day 1. Don’t play with my emotions bro lol 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Helyx said:

People need to quit jerkin' me around about Demon's Souls Remaster/Remake/Reboot/Retarded.

Let's include Retired ?

Where's my Ratchet & Clank?! Blasphemy! Always speculation and rumors around console generational change. Let's wait and see.

48 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

The Legend of Dragoon remake would be a deal breaker for me buying a PS5 day 1. Don’t play with my emotions bro lol 

Same, it's too cruel to give me that much hope :shakefist:

But it'll happen eventually... Eventually. And when it does, it'll be glorious, and we'll all chant "WHIP SMACK" 

• Like 1