Game Storage for small spaces

Alternatewarning

Hello everyone.  I'm planning to (finally) pick up a PS4 soon which means...I'm going to have even more games.  I live in a very small apartment so storage space is limited.  Does anyone have any good or space-saving tips for how they store their games?  Right now I have a very small bookshelf that is too short per shelf for PS4 games to fit and it's full.  I can't fit another full bookshelf as there isn't any floor space.  So does anyone have any tips?

I recently moved to a small apartment and I have storage issues as well. I have probably 1500-2000 games across just about every console. So what I did was I brought only games I haven't played for PS3/PS4/Vita to my apartment and I left the others at my parents house. I brought probably 300-400 games so in order to store them, I made sure to buy a bed with built in drawers which were large enough to store most of them. The rest are also stored on a bookshelf or the built in headboard shelves on my bed.

What I did recently was got rid of physical copies that don't rank as highly as others (Cover Art, games I'd play again, sentimental value, etc.).

Then got those cube stack boxes and put the rest in there next to my bookcase. You can put them wherever you got space, closets, under the bed, wherever. I got a lot of steelbooks, only those are displayed on the bookshelf because I got a lot of books as well, the rest in the cubes.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Got any room under the bed for those slide-under drawers? Put other crap in those, then put your PS4 games on display where that crap was. 

Sadly I'm using that to store clothes as my apartment has a tiny closet

3 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

It's your choice but don't you wanna wait a bit longer and get a Ps5 which will be Ps4 backwards compatible 1f914.png I mean, you've waited this long what's 1 more year

I can only NOW afford a PS4 (on sale).  So as much as I would love too, I won't be able to afford the high price of the PS5.

• Like 1

I used to use CD wallets and keep the cases in awkward-to-reach locations. Some used games don't come with cases (and are often cheaper that way), and those are in them now. Slim jewel cases are an option too, particularly if you want something possible to label; either saves quite a bit of space.

Look up "cd case box storage" on Amazon and you'll see options that hold 40 to1,000 CDs. Then ditch the cases. I did this for all my PS3 games after moving into an apartment and never looked back. I'd suggest doing the same. Maybe keep a few cases of rarer games if you feel they're actually worth money (most aren't unless they are special edition or are steelbook).

You could also look up bookcases to put on walls, but that's a lot of effort and will probably cost just as much or more than a CD case.