Garfield Kart: Furious Racing

I do need a new kart racing game that I can regularly revisit to combat the kart racing gameplay urges that comes and go. Team Sonic Racing was doing a great job for a while (and still can), but the servers just aren't populated enough to get a consistent level of satisfaction.

Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled was doing a borderline passable job, but the game has outdated and terrible gameplay designs (including severe balancing issues) and netcode, and with it all still being in this state nearly 5 months after launch it's just become beyond infuriating playing it online, not to mention when it literally has only one racing mode/format (no mirror, no cups, no itemless, etc, literally unlike every other game I mention in this overall post), which is the lowest standard possible in a racing game. (Cosmestic content and one new stage per month doesn't change that.) 

ModNation Racers was amazing, especially with its endless potential to make brand new stages and characters (or replicate ones from various other kart racers), but the online servers were shut down last year. 

The two kart racers from last year most people don't even seem to care about, but neither have online play anyway, so they'd do me no good.

Mario Kart 8D would obviously be perfect, but I don't have a Nintendo Switch atm.

Garfield Furious Kart Racing is somewhere along the lines with Race with Ryan and Meow Motors in terms of quality (looking at various animations, visuals, graphics, sound, content, etc). This game doesn't look like its worth its price-tag outside its customization content(?); $25, like some games in the store currently are, would be better. None of these games are purely bad, and MM nor RwR have online play, unlike GFKR. If online is active, I'd consider getting it on a sale rather than a deep sale, but if not, then deep sale it is. (Still waiting for video reviews, too, as people are more concerned with just showing pure gameplay than reviewing the actual game.)

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

I have to admit, I didn't know about this game until I saw this thread and later saw the game in the hypermarket. I've watched some gameplay footage and it looks good. The price isn't too bad either, so I might buy it someday.

Edited by MrGarland

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 01/02/2020 at 4:59 PM, BlakkVulture2K16 said:

People in the UK can get it physically for £20, which honestly is a decent deal in my opinion. It may not have a platinum but it looks really fun so give it a go I'd say.

Yup, got mine for £14 (Smyths)

Edited by TheMightyImp2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11-4-2022 at 10:37 PM, ExoriaCEO said:

Wanted to buy the game right now but it costs 30 EUR, hell no. Sale only.

I know it's six months later, but since today, it's just €2.99 in the EU PlayStation Store if you are a PlayStation Plus member. 

This is the deepest sale so far.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/11/2019 at 11:16 AM, MrGarland said:

I have to admit, I didn't know about this game until I saw this thread and later saw the game in the hypermarket. I've watched some gameplay footage and it looks good. The price isn't too bad either, so I might buy it someday.

How i find you here?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/09/2020 at 8:08 PM, Rainbow Dash said:

Very easy, most are unlocked through natural play but Combination Sensation and Artist Cat might need a guide. Having said that, the collectibles are not hard to spot.

Very easy my ass!! This game is utter tripe.  The handling is terrible, the AI are off their chops, I'm constantly getting annihilated by powerups no matter how far in front of them I am.  I wish my kids started this on their account and not mine.  Hating it from start to finish.

Just now, JimmeC said:

Very easy my ass!! This game is utter tripe.  The handling is terrible, the AI are off their chops, I'm constantly getting annihilated by powerups no matter how far in front of them I am.  I wish my kids started this on their account and not mine.  Hating it from start to finish.

Same!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2023 at 11:03 PM, JimmeC said:

I actually take this comment back.  Once I got the stuff to max Garfield out this game was actually very easy.  Only one of the time trials was really difficult and about 4 of the puzzle pieces took a few tries.