MMDE

Any good?

5 posts in this topic

Many will probably call this a walking simulator, and sure, probably it is, but I think it had some decent amount of graphic adventure elements too. It's definitely not one of the worst in the genre. The story takes you into some of the crews on a space station's lives, and the last days before something happens there. You don't get to experience what happens in those days, but rather you get to view old recorded data of it, which kind of makes sense in this game, as the space station is supervised by an AI that records everything that happens. The story could have been way more interesting IMO, and the characters were a bit too cliche for my taste. The atmosphere of the game was great, and I ran into no bugs or anything, so the people who made this likely knew what they were doing, at least it seems so. There's even a way to play the game with commentary, but it was not required for any trophies, so I didn't do that. It might have shed light on some other things about the game.

Game takes like an hour if you just skip everything and watch a guide etc. If you read text and listen to conversations etc, it's more like 2-3 hours with a guide. If you do everything yourself, eh, maybe add another hour or two to that, depending on how fast you understand what to do. There's nothing difficult in the game. As for missables? I don't think there is any. Not sure what happens when you finish the game and try to continue to play or anything, but most of the game is accessible I think near the end of the game, in case you miss anything.

I'd say if you're into the genre, you'll probably enjoy it. Otherwise, it's quick and easy trophies, if that's what you're into.

Edited by MMDE

On 10/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, MMDE said:

Many will probably call this a walking simulator, and sure, probably it is, but I think it had some decent amount of graphic adventure elements too. It's definitely not one of the worst in the genre. The story takes you into some of the crews on a space station's lives, and the last days before something happens there. You don't get to experience what happens in those days, but rather you get to view old recorded data of it, which kind of makes sense in this game, as the space station is supervised by an AI that records everything that happens. The story could have been way more interesting IMO, and the characters were a bit too cliche for my taste. The atmosphere of the game was great, and I ran into no bugs or anything, so the people who made this likely knew what they were doing, at least it seems so. There's even a way to play the game with commentary, but it was not required for any trophies, so I didn't do that. It might have shed light on some other things about the game.

Game takes like an hour if you just skip everything and watch a guide etc. If you read text and listen to conversations etc, it's more like 2-3 hours with a guide. If you do everything yourself, eh, maybe add another hour or two to that, depending on how fast you understand what to do. There's nothing difficult in the game. As for missables? I don't think there is any. Not sure what happens when you finish the game and try to continue to play or anything, but most of the game is accessible I think near the end of the game, in case you miss anything.

I'd say if you're into the genre, you'll probably enjoy it. Otherwise, it's quick and easy trophies, if that's what you're into.

Thanks for the concise review!

1 hour ago, Punisher_SC said:

This guys in the 100% club platinum in 6 minutes. HACK or Glitch?

Might be possible. You can delay popping most trophies until the end, where you can quickly do the last few things required for each trophy. I think entire game is open for you right before the end.