Freeplays and people using scripts on the ps4 :o

As i started doing freeplays, which is around 70 hours to do 250 plays up to wave 50, i stumbled upon people doing scripts on the pc version, which then lead me to a video of someone using macros on red dead redemption on the ps4, is this something people have experience with, or is it just for the tech nerds? disclaimer " ive never minded a grind, but this freeplay grind at my point in the game provides me with nothing but gems, that i truly dont need anymore.

opinions and info very much appreciated.

I dont know the science behind it, but you open remoteplay, then ps4macro with administrative, then disable the record on touch, and open the remapper window "leave it open" then run the ahk script and it will work via remoteplay to the game.

The script is set for 6 familiars tho, and completed torm area

with remoteplay and ps4macro you can record macros, but its incosistent so writing one up in ahk is much more reliable, just use the remapper to see what keys are what for the controller ^^

to answer your Q, scripts are fairly commonplace in hardcore trophy hunting culture, and sometimes they leak onto PSNP for prominent games like FF9, Injustice, etc

they have a lot of potential, especially if you're clever. Scripting the 200h OMD grind was 1 of my biggest accomplishments. Even had several safeguards built in that let it persist through disconnections, lag, etc

On 11/6/2019 at 7:08 AM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Sounds like a good idea, at least for grindier trophies.

@Trope Hore Did you also script with Remote Play and ps4macro?

Or you used a hardware dongle such as CronusMAX or TitanTwo?

i tried both, but had better success with hardware. The "script" was too advanced to code, so i had to record it via macro, and i guess hardware just has a bit more stability than a virtual app like PS4macro

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 2:14 AM, Trope Hore said:

to answer your Q, scripts are fairly commonplace in hardcore trophy hunting culture, and sometimes they leak onto PSNP for prominent games like FF9, Injustice, etc

they have a lot of potential, especially if you're clever. Scripting the 200h OMD grind was 1 of my biggest accomplishments. Even had several safeguards built in that let it persist through disconnections, lag, etc

Do you mind elaborating on how you get and use them(just like an overview) or point me to a thread where there's more info? I'm curious.

13 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

So, this is clearly cheating. Do people really think this is ok? Why would people want to get trophies this way? It's like getting somebody else to do them for you.

It's not cheating.. it's just using scripts to automate things, just like how some of us use turbo controllers.
If this is cheating then so is setting up boosting sessions in online games, scripting and using 3rd party devices or apps is just simplifying that process.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

It's not cheating.. it's just using scripts to automate things, just like how some of us use turbo controllers.
If this is cheating then so is setting up boosting sessions in online games, scripting and using 3rd party devices or apps is just simplifying that process.

Yeah, how is using a third party program to unlock a trophy for you, cheating.... Oh wait that's the definition of cheating trophies ?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

With boosting sessions you are still getting the trophy yourself. Using third party scripts so you don't actually have to do anything...completely different thing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 2:27 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

So, this is clearly cheating. Do people really think this is ok? Why would people want to get trophies this way? It's like getting somebody else to do them for you.

I used a turbo controller to speed things up a bit and make sure it didn't shut off, etc. But I was physically going in and reselecting runs/perks etc. 

Honestly, someone who is not tech savvy much and would need some practice with a macro program and all that jazz....it would be harder than just doing it the natural way. 

It's all perspective. Plus, some trophies are just bullshit. It took the time it took. Auto popping a trophy or something else where it's bypassing the requirements, to me, would be cheating. This is just a clever way around some of that bullshit. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

I used a turbo controller to speed things up a bit and make sure it didn't shut off, etc. But I was physically going in and reselecting runs/perks etc. 

Honestly, someone who is not tech savvy much and would need some practice with a macro program and all that jazz....it would be harder than just doing it the natural way. 

It's all perspective. Plus, some trophies are just bullshit. It took the time it took. Auto popping a trophy or something else where it's bypassing the requirements, to me, would be cheating. This is just a clever way around some of that bullshit. 

Exactly what you're saying Gunfighter.
Autopopping and using turbo controller to hold a semi-unsupervised/automated grind session is just 1 step away from using scripts to get trophies. So who cares..
I think the only trophy hunters that care are those that don't understand how these tools work or can't afford them..

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2019 at 6:07 AM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Exactly what you're saying Gunfighter.
Autopopping and using turbo controller to hold a semi-unsupervised/automated grind session is just 1 step away from using scripts to get trophies. So who cares..
I think the only trophy hunters that care are those that don't understand how these tools work or can't afford them..

It should be free with Win 10 and remote play...

• 2 weeks later...

As this game was initially a PC game, scripting is part of the game and the devs are well aware of it. He’ll, there’s even a scripting channel on the official discord server. 

Furthermore, the devs are adding Modron Automation which will add a lot of the features that can be scripted to the game itself (no 3rd party controller or app required). It is scheduled to be added later this year after Multiple Adventure Mode is added. 

http://codenameentertainment.com/?page=idle_champions&post_id=979#blog

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

When youre far enough through a game that there is no challenge left, i dont see an issue with automating a 200+ hour grind trophy, especially this one where its getting to wave 50 where you one hit every mob with your clicker mobs.