Blur platinum unobtainable if...

Astrailla

35 minutes ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

After reading all this thread, I may be wrong, but I don't think that it's important when your account was created or if you played a Activision game, because in both cases, there are people here saying that they got the trophy in a new account or they never played an Activision multiplayer.

And the thing about programming is that it can't be random, unless you want it to be, which is not the case with this trophy.

The thought that occurred to me when I was reading is about the friends list. During the Stone Age of PSN, when we could have only 50 friends added, some games were made in a way that the friends list from the game have only those 50 slots. And when the number of friends got bigger, those games started to show only the first 50 friends you had.

My theory is that people with less than 50 friends can get the trophy, because if someone in their list played Blur, they will appear in the leaderboard. Now, if you have more than 50 friends, and none of the 50 oldest friends have played Blur, then nobody will appear in the leaderboard, because even if you add someone who played, the game won't recognize that you have a new friend after the 50th.

I may be wrong, but can someone verify this?

Yeah this isn’t it. It works for a buddy with 500 friends.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 20/6/2021 at 4:58 PM, KenpachiDaniel said:

After reading all this thread, I may be wrong, but I don't think that it's important when your account was created or if you played a Activision game, because in both cases, there are people here saying that they got the trophy in a new account or they never played an Activision multiplayer.

And the thing about programming is that it can't be random, unless you want it to be, which is not the case with this trophy.

The thought that occurred to me when I was reading is about the friends list. During the Stone Age of PSN, when we could have only 50 friends added, some games were made in a way that the friends list from the game have only those 50 slots. And when the number of friends got bigger, those games started to show only the first 50 friends you had.

My theory is that people with less than 50 friends can get the trophy, because if someone in their list played Blur, they will appear in the leaderboard. Now, if you have more than 50 friends, and none of the 50 oldest friends have played Blur, then nobody will appear in the leaderboard, because even if you add someone who played, the game won't recognize that you have a new friend after the 50th.

I may be wrong, but can someone verify this?

Nope. my 3rd alternative account didnt receive any challenge but my 2nd receive it. It's rare glitch just like nfs the run. no clear statment until this days about how to get this trophy ?‍♀️

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Is there a way to not put this on your account (keep the game at 0%) but test if it works on your account?

Yes, but it is a bit risky. You can do the first race. Make sure not to avoid any projectiles (because that will pop a trophy) and finish in 2nd or 3rd. That’s how I tested it. If you accidentally pop a trophy make sure your PS3 is not set for auto sign in and turn it off immediately and then delete your account. If you didn’t pop a trophy, you can try sending a challenge. If you get one back, you are golden.

12 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

Yes, but it is a bit risky. You can do the first race. Make sure not to avoid any projectiles (because that will pop a trophy) and finish in 2nd or 3rd. That’s how I tested it. If you accidentally pop a trophy make sure your PS3 is not set for auto sign in and turn it off immediately and then delete your account. If you didn’t pop a trophy, you can try sending a challenge. If you get one back, you are golden.

Thanks. I'll give this a shot! Cheers

• 1 month later...

I think I have a different issue than most here. I was able to send, receive and complete a challenge with my alt, it took a few tries but I managed to get that trophy just fine.

The problem now is: that while my main account does appear on leaderboards, none of my alts do, and I added 2 different people (one of the recent players here, saint_nemesis and a lvl 50 person still playing for fun online), and none of those appear on the single player leaderboards. I can't see anyone yet so I can't add them as my rival. I was able to do the challenge trophy, supposedly the most problematic, but not the rival one. Should I try adding more people? Can anyone here that appears on the leaderboards add me maybe?

Edit: After adding a third person, finally someone showed up on the leaderboards. Got the trophy. I'll just leave this as it is, in case someone experiences the same as I did. Keep trying to add people.

Edited by tony_snake_24
Update
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got the plat after 6 years in the making , my main problem was because I started the game with a different ID then changed it came back again for the game got everything until the friend challenge trophy if you faced the Same problem just restore your old IDs name and everything should be smooth with the trophy ? 

• Like 4

My experience so far:

Account created in july 2012 (never changed my id, to prevent bad stuff with PS3 games), I don't think I ever played an Activision game online. I have a few Guitar Hero games played long time ago, before my account creation.

I'm not appearing on leaderboards and can't receive Friend challenges.

I see a few friends on leaderboards, I noticed they played hard difficulty, so I tried to beat Shannon and Rhymer (boss duels) on hard (57 seconds and 02 minutes 41 seconds) to force my way into leaderboards, it was somewhere between 10 to 12h ago. I'll ask various friends (I opened a boost session, this also how I talked with @Abady-IVI and other players) if I'm appearing or not.

After re-reading the whole topic, the problem is receiving (not sending) Friend challenges, because one player who appeared on the leaderboards got my challenge, beaten it and earned the trophy straight! I also can see all of that from my game, but for some reason, I can't have his rematch challenge. At least, for now.

Edited by FinalFan
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, AN0n1m8 said:

is this still doable? i don't understand what's the problem.

If you can appear on leaderboards and receive the friend’s challenge for Friends Make Better Enemies it’s possible. There is an issue with the leaderboards causing you not to appear and also not receive the challenge needed for the trophy. Unfortunately, there hasn’t been a fix. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/13/2022 at 4:00 PM, J2VLegacy said:

If you can appear on leaderboards and receive the friend’s challenge for Friends Make Better Enemies it’s possible. There is an issue with the leaderboards causing you not to appear and also not receive the challenge needed for the trophy. Unfortunately, there hasn’t been a fix. 

I just ordered a copy as they seem to be going up in price and the lower listings get snagged quick.

Can I load into the game and test if I have access to these features without needing to play any other modes or popping other trophies? 

Want to go for it but don't want to earn anything if I can't access what would be needed. 

1 hour ago, GunfighterHefty said:

I just ordered a copy as they seem to be going up in price and the lower listings get snagged quick.

Can I load into the game and test if I have access to these features without needing to play any other modes or popping other trophies? 

Want to go for it but don't want to earn anything if I can't access what would be needed. 

You would have to do the first race of the single player making sure you don’t try to get a good score as that could pop a trophy. After the race, you would have to see if you are on the leaderboard in that race. If you appear, you can get the trophy for Friends Makes Better Enemies. All other online trophies should be possible. Sadly, still no fix for those unable to get this one trophy. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 7:03 PM, J2VLegacy said:

You would have to do the first race of the single player making sure you don’t try to get a good score as that could pop a trophy. After the race, you would have to see if you are on the leaderboard in that race. If you appear, you can get the trophy for Friends Makes Better Enemies. All other online trophies should be possible. Sadly, still no fix for those unable to get this one trophy. 

Wow - I almost messed this up as I was looking at the single player leadeboard rival challenge one and initiated that and popped the trophy. Thankfully I was able to do the "Friends Make Better Enemies" with my other system so all is good. Now to boost these other MP trophies. 

Also, I would add it's very easy to pop "Denied!" If you swerve or avoid a power up from another car in your test race to check on leaderboard status so anyone that may read this...keep that in mind. 

• Like 4

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, alanbique_ said:

Hi

I'd like to share how I managed to get the trophy, even with my account being created in 2019.

You just have to set your PS3 DNS as: Primary 188.225.75.35 and secondary 1.1.1.1
Once you set it up, you just have to win any race to appear on leaderboards and you'll be able to send and receive challenges normally.
Hope it helps!

Now my ID appears on the leaderboard and I got the trophy!

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alanbique_ said:

Hi

I'd like to share how I managed to get the trophy, even with my account being created in 2019.

You just have to set your PS3 DNS as: Primary 188.225.75.35 and secondary 1.1.1.1
Once you set it up, you just have to win any race to appear on leaderboards and you'll be able to send and receive challenges normally.
Hope it helps!

Will this be considered getting flagged or removed from leaderboards doing this? Just wondering and I haven’t earned any of the rest of the online trophies in like a few years now. 

23 minutes ago, J2VLegacy said:

Will this be considered getting flagged or removed from leaderboards doing this? Just wondering and I haven’t earned any of the rest of the online trophies in like a few years now. 

I would wait/look for what cheater removal team says about it

Edited by WiktorM101

1 minute ago, EdinhoN said:

Yes, if you have to change DNS it's because the game connection is being redirected to a 3rd party server. Even if it's open source, we had issues with the solution for Army of Two 40th Day custom mask server last year, so just wait for an official position, but my bet is "no"

Thanks for the response and guess I also will wait before doing the other online trophies just in case. 

1 hour ago, J2VLegacy said:

I don't think so, since there's no mod or hack at all and the server is still on, just a DNS change direct from your console to fix a leaderboard issue, and change the DNS is not against any rules. If activision didn't fix it, I don't see why we can't do it

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 0:04 AM, alanbique_ said:

Hi

Hope it helps!

What is this IP pointed at?

is this a third party server or an official one?