Poor remake

yowzagabowza

1 hour ago, communistwookiee said:

Yeah, camera is bad, some cutscenes have some aliasing problems, and some textures don't look as good as others, but I've got no other major complaints. Had maybe two framerate dips, tolerable in my opinion, playing in 4K doesn't look blurry to me.

In the wheat field level, if you go in the corner near where the first imp controlled mech is, near the hay bale, it slows like a mother, every time. 

There are also many instances so far where hitting triangle in front of chests or books simply doesn't register.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

In the wheat field level, if you go in the corner near where the first imp controlled mech is, near the hay bale, it slows like a mother, every time. 

There are also many instances so far where hitting triangle in front of chests or books simply doesn't register.

I actually had that happen, but only before triggering the actual fight, the game dropped in framerate when I went behind him to attack him, but the mech wasn't even active.  But when the mech was active and I went behind him in the battle, no problems there.

51 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I've had the Book glitch but that's a minor annoyance in the grand scale of things IMO, though I can't comment on the Mech since I've not got that far yet. EDIT: I've just reached the Imps and whilst that slowdown is noticeable, it's over so quickly as to be nothing more than a minor nuisance since it doesn't happen again after the fights begin.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

5 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I've been excited for this months but the quality just isn't what I expected from a first party game like this. 

The camera is very bad. I'm constantly arguing with it. It wants to float up all the time and I don't know why. In tight areas it can get all spastic and spin all over. 

The graphics just aren't very crisp, either. About 80% as sharp as they should be. The cutscenes are way worse for some reason. Very blurry and sometimes I see ghosting as well. It's not a visually stunning game by any stretch.

And then the frame rate. This is the biggest issue for me. Since I have to constantly move the camera, it's extremely noticable. There are cases of SLOWDOWN in this game. That's absurd. Almost the entire game so far has been choppy and it really takes away from the game. 

There are also issues with the way the character moves throughout the levels. I know this is a PS2 remake, but I don't need PS2 era problems with jumping near walls or getting stuck on the environment.

This all sucks because the actual game is great. I love finding the secrets and hidden areas and the voices of the gargoyles but it just could have been done way better.

just platinumed it on my pro . it wa s really good did had some bugs and glitches but noyhing to gamebreaking

I'm playing on a PS4 slim and I'm having no issues with the camera and the frame rate isn't too bad, I've only noticed frame drops in Scarecrow Fields and The Enchanted Earth but it only happens in one spot for each level. Regardless I'm still enjoying this game even with no nostalgia.

Uh no, it’s a great remake actually. I think you’re trying to troll, cause the camera sucked In the orginal, this one is far better in that not only that department, but in every other department as well.

58 minutes ago, Coplex-XVII said:

I don't calling Fake news because I loved it. 
Got the Platinum yesterday and they did really well. 

Camera is true to the Original lol.

It’s also better in a lot of ways, haven’t had nearly as many problems as with the PS1 version.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Uh no, it’s a great remake actually. I think you’re trying to troll, cause the camera sucked In the orginal, this one is far better in that not only that department, but in every other department as well.

It’s also better in a lot of ways, haven’t had nearly as many problems as with the PS1 version.

Same mate, I think it was well done! 
I went back to try the old one too and fuck me my eyes were wanting to just burn away. It's fucking rough to look at lmao

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I'll give you the interaction thing. The performance problems I'll put to a difference in standard console vs. Pro.

I had some camera issues during the demo to the point where I was getting motion sickness. Though I may have already been not feeling well that day to begin with so it probably wasn't actually that bad. I'm also terrible at these types of games so I get motion sick really easily. That being said, I am still interested in getting the game when it goes on sale. Seems fun. 

5 hours ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

I had some camera issues during the demo to the point where I was getting motion sickness. Though I may have already been not feeling well that day to begin with so it probably wasn't actually that bad. I'm also terrible at these types of games so I get motion sick really easily. That being said, I am still interested in getting the game when it goes on sale. Seems fun. 

It’s already 30 dollars, and worth every penny. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

You're really comparing it to the ps1 version? Why? Compare it to other PS4 games, since that's what it is. 

I still like the game, but to deny the technical shortcomings is silly.

• Like 2