SteelBook Edition Games

TrophyChief

2 minutes ago, Venocide said:

I do like my SteelBooks, I took this picture back in March of all the ones I own. I also have a Metal Gear Rising steelbook not pictured. Yeah, love collecting them as well. ^^ 

vr3loEJ.jpg

Right on! Do you have them displayed where all can see or in a private room for personal enjoyment? Any of them you regret getting? Do you ever plan to sell or just keep?

• Like 1

OMG Is that Killzone above the Castlevania?

I love steelbooks! I wish I got into it sooner, missed out on a bunch and the prices on those are now too high. But I went from PS2 to PS4 just over a year ago.

I only get them if I like the design. They look so much better debranded with the slight minimalism. Sometimes they come with extras that I don't care about, so I'll try to talk myself out of it.

My current favs that I own are Dark Souls Trilogy, AC Odyssey, KH III which was great with the box, Yakuza 1, 2 & 6, Dragon Crown Pro, Spider-Man, and GoW.

• Like 3

I used to collect video games -- and had some special editions / steelbooks / super rare games, but I figured it's such a niche hobby and nobody in person actually into that stuff would ever see them, so just sold them all for a tidy profit. Nice collection though :)

• Like 2

I don't have a picture of mine readily available but my 3 favorite steelbooks are the Soul Caliber 6 one it has a button that plays audio, the dragon crown book is embossed and really awesome, and finally the PS+ steel book that was just a steelbook that came with a year of PS+ card i had to buy mine off ebay but it's a nice book if you're into collecting.

3 minutes ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Right on! Do you have them displayed where all can see or in a private room for personal enjoyment? Any of them you regret getting? Do you ever plan to sell or just keep?

I can't display them where I can see, I have them in another room right now. Not that I wouldn't want to, some of them have great art, it's just I don't have anymore room. I don't regret buying any of them :) and currently no plans to sell. 

2 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

Yep, but it has a dent in it :/ it actually arrived in the mail like that. 

Just now, lurch_9944 said:

I don't have a picture of mine readily available but my 3 favorite steelbooks are the Soul Caliber 6 one it has a button that plays audio, the dragon crown book is embossed and really awesome, and finally the PS+ steel book that was just a steelbook that came with a year of PS+ card i had to buy mine off ebay but it's a nice book if you're into collecting.

Funny you mention the PS 20th anniversary steel book. I have my eye on one now.

"Your Name" has a game, WTF...

11 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

I went from PS2 to PS4 just over a year ago.

Killzone 3.

You've missed out on so, so much. PS3's library is phenomenal.

Edited by EcoShifter

4 minutes ago, r3viladdict said:

I would like to post my small Steelbook games' collection. Just got Persona 5 a few days ago, haven't started it yet. I would really love to get DMCV steelbook edition lol, maybe one day. 

2019-10-27_18.30.40.jpg 

am interested in the Dark Souls Trilogy case. Looks cool and I still need to play the games but heard great things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Venocide said:

I took this picture in March, would you like me to blur it out for you? Kill Bill as well? Get back to me fella. 

"Blur it out"? I figure it's a DVD instead of a game? 

Edited by EcoShifter

Only steelbook I have is Final Fantasy XII for PS2 because when I was looking into buying it back in the day, I found it cheaper than the standard edition I was going to buy.

I think they’re cool, but nothing I’m going to put extra money towards getting. 

Edit: Oops, forgot I also have Star Wars The Force Unleashed II that I got for like $8.

Edited by DaivRules

I think they look awesome.  But since I typically shoot for as uniform of a look as possible on the shelf, a few random steelbooks would definitely throw the whole thing off.

If I could somehow convert everything I have to steelbook, and ensure I could get steelbooks for all future games, I'd love to collect them.  Since that's never going to happen, I'm also perfectly happy sticking with the standard edition cases.  Good on those who have them though, they look great!

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

Only one I own is MGSV, a purchase I came to regret within a day. In my defense, Konami hadn't quite become FucKonami yet, and I got caught up in the hype for a game beyond reason hopefully for the last time ever in my life. Consequently, for the most part I stay away from day one buys... and physical copies, for that matter.

There are a few games come out since for which I'd like to have the steelbooks but the scalpers have usually had their way with them by the time I come around to actually playing a game, at which point it's too much bother both financially and logistically. In the end, it really is just so much tat. I'd much rather spend my money on steelbook movies.

47 minutes ago, r3viladdict said:

MrTrofyHuntr, here's a bit more of these Dark Souls if you want to look more. It's a beautiful case, honestly. I think you will love it. I haven't finished all of them, unfortunately, but I only played the first one on PS3 and I really loved it. Looks like it would be a game I would play for a hundred of hours.

(Had to use the spoiler tag to avoid a long post.)

Reveal hidden contents

2019-10-27_18.58.25.jpg

2019-10-27_18.58.59.jpg

2019-10-27_18.59.25.jpg

2019-10-27_18.59.52.jpg

This is my favorite one! Monster Hunter World: Iceborne

Reveal hidden contents

20191027_1918410.jpg 

STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed I and II Steelbook, so here's these. I got these from eBay a while ago. 

Reveal hidden contents

2019-06-20_13.19.30.jpg

2019-06-20_13.18.54.jpg 

2019-06-20_13.18.28.jpg 

And, lastly front and back case of Prey

Reveal hidden contents

2019-06-25_12.18.02.jpg

2019-06-25_12.12.42.jpg

And, that's all. I am not sure what's next to get one, but I do have DMCV in my mind. I was disappointed a little bit because it didn't come to NA. I guess the only way is to find it on eBay. Maybe, maybe not, so I don't know. It does give you a hard time to find it at reasonable price.  

Thanks for taking the time to share! Just love the artwork and detail that some cases have.

56 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

I don't typically go out of my way too much to get a steelbook but i have amassed a nice amount of them over the years.

IMG_20191028_032400.jpg

Great collection! The Tomb Raider one...German edition?

The only PS3 one I have is for The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition. On PS4 I have:

Dragon's Crown Pro

Persona 5

Yakuza Kiwami 1, 2, and Yakuza 6

Resident Evil 2

Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2

54 minutes ago, r3viladdict said:

STAR WARS: The Force Unleashed I and II Steelbook, so here's these. I got these from eBay a while ago. 

Reveal hidden contents

2019-06-20_13.19.30.jpg

2019-06-20_13.18.54.jpg 

2019-06-20_13.18.28.jpg 

In hindsight I kind of wish I got the Force Unleashed II's steelbook but I guess I didn't know about it at the time. Did your Ultimate Sith Edition come with a card by the way? Mine came with a Hoth Apprentice card and apparently it's number 8 out of 10 of them you can collect but I never went out of my way to get more.

• Like 1

No pictures of my own right now but these are the ones I have. Plan on collecting more when I can. :D (could have swore I did post my own picture a while back in a different thread but maybe I'm mistaken)

Uncharted 4 has my favorite steelbook hands down out of my small collection.

Uncharted_4_banner.jpg

Image result for metro exodus steelbook"

Image result for kingdom hearts 3 steelbook"

ACO_BANNER_STACKED.fit-to-width.600x.q80.png

Image result for assassin's creed odyssey steelbook"

Image result for resident evil 5 steelbook"
Image result for shadow of the tomb raider steelbook"
  • Like 2