SteelBook Edition Games

TrophyChief

I've started collecting steelbooks since about last year. My collection is currently in boxes since we're moving in a couple of months, so I've made a collage with Google images ?. Once we've moved I'll be hanging them on the wall.

I think I've remembered them all. I've also got The Last of us 2 and Cyberpunk coming on release :)

mdylwBN.jpg

Edit: Forgot my Switch one ?

the_legend_of_zelda_links_awakening_stee

Edited by Ric
  • Like 4

Gravity Rush 2. Oh wait that's right; it doesn't have one, because people don't give a damn about the series.

2 hours ago, MrTrofyHuntr said:

Yeah, I’m noticing that other regions than my own have steelbooks and other goodies I want. I guess we can jump online and find a seller who is willing to depart from one but has to be a fair price.

Noticed it for years. Steelbooks aren't always available or in the condition you want them in online. Plus, I'd rather publishers make them so that I can support the franchises getting one (even though my support alone practically means nothing) in the end result that they are made for potential sequels

• Like 1

This is most of my steelbooks, aside from those that i keep with my discs, a good chunk are empty. I get most through gamestop, most stores will just give you extra steelbooks from pre-owned games, though since I work there i can just take them without asking. Hoping to find the steelbook for doom eternal when it comes out, since I don't want to drop $200 just to get the steelbook.

H5xYa84.jpguCgSuJ4.jpgnlfCzDV.jpg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, NaruHina_FTW said:

This is most of my steelbooks, aside from those that i keep with my discs, a good chunk are empty. I get most through gamestop, most stores will just give you extra steelbooks from pre-owned games, though since I work there i can just take them without asking. Hoping to find the steelbook for doom eternal when it comes out, since I don't want to drop $200 just to get the steelbook.

H5xYa84.jpguCgSuJ4.jpgnlfCzDV.jpg

I'd be happy to take the Shadow of the Collosus and Sekiro cases off your hands. :) 

• Like 1

I've got a few steelbooks and at first wasn't too fussed but now I like them, they're pretty cool. Just wish that when they're included that the game itself is in it and not a seperate case.

Can't be bothered with pics so I'll just list them:

Mass Effect 3

Assassin's Creed III

Batman Arkham Origins

Watch_Dogs

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus 

Strange Brigade

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

If star wars jedi deluxe is a steelbook then that as well. And ofc Last of 2 will be.

I don't think the Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order deluxe edition is steelbook, but look what I found: https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-JEDI-FALLEN-ORDER-NEW-STEELBOOK-ONLY-PS4-PC-XBOX-G2-SIZE-METAL-CASE/293299738319

• Like 1

I have the Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 steelbooks which I love! 

I also recently found LittleBigPlanet 2 steelbook in a local EB store in the bargain bin so I grabbed that as it's also really cool, plus it seems to be pretty rare as I've never seen one before.

The other steelbooks I have are for COD: Advanced Warfare, COD: WWII, Metro Exodus and Gran Turismo: Sport, but my faves are definitely the PS3 ones I listed above.

I'd really like to get Wipeout Omega Collection steelbook and Resistance 3 steelbook as well :)

• Like 1

here is my humble collection (missing FFXII):

Spoiler

3v584sj

Currently am expanding my SB collection, pre-ordered, Cyberpunk, Death Stranding & Last of Us II, too bad i missed Nier Automata, and WD definitive ones.

Hopefully will get the AzureLane too, once it's available.

I have 50+ steelbooks.  Maybe I'll throw up some pictures later.  Some steelbooks that I have been always looking out for but can never find without being stupid expensive...

Alien Isolation (G2 Version)

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Far Cry 4

Bioshock: The Collection

Steelbooks are also a reason i will NEVER buy digital.  I love me some steelbooks.

Edited by Hourisathand
  • Like 2

I was lying a little... I do have one steelbook I forgot about.  I picked up Ori and the Blind Forest back before they had the definitive edition standard physical release on Xbox One, since it was the only way to represent the game on my shelf at the time.  It's technically the PC version, which I already had digitally so I never used the disc for anything (don't even have a disc drive on my laptop anymore lol).  One of my favorite games, so I had to do something.  Now it sits atop my shelf along with other rare/unusual releases, older games, and knick knacks that don't belong in the gen pop below.

Spoiler

Bp9e5Gw.jpg

NOIS0iH.jpg

BL4V46A.jpg

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I will be getting my Death Stranding steelbook soon! Also, ordered a Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order steelbook too on ebay (must be a customized one because I couldn't find one like this anywhere else online. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Jedi-Fallen-Order-Steelbook-G2-NEW-NO-GAME-RARE/123947407721?hash=item1cdbd75969:g:3f0AAOSw4O9drWaO

I try to really go out of my way to NOT buy steelbooks, but I do have four of them.

• Resistance 3 for the PS3, just because I wanted the vinyl record looking game disc. Did not buy it for the steelbook.
  • Assassin's Creed Liberation, because at the time it was the only one for PSVita. A highly sought after collector's item.
  • God of War Omega Collection, Latin America exclusive PS3 collection with the first five games on physical media instead of download codes.
  • Teslagrad for the PSVita, just because it was included, I really didn't want it...

• Like 1

While I don’t Love steelbooks, I managed to get some of them, mostly on PS4. So here’s my list:

PS3

. Gran Turismo 6: Anniversary Edition

. Uncharted 2 - Limited Edition

PS4:

. 2Dark

. Agents of Mayhem

. Batman Arkham Knight

. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

. Catherine: Full Body

. God of War

. Last Guardian, The

. MediEvil

. Mortal Kombat 11 (2 steelbooks due to Collectors Edition)

. Nier Automata

. Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir

. Resident Evil 2

. Spider-Man

. Uncharted: the Nathan Drake Collection

. Uncharted 4

. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

. Yakuza Kiwami

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1

I only have one, and it's for Mass Effect: Andromeda. I pre-ordered the Deluxe edition from Best Buy and a few days later it said it came with a free extra, which turned out to be the Steel Book case...which wasn't advertised on their page at the time. So it was a happy accident. 

I really like Steel Books...but I'm a stickler about price. So I'll usually go the cheapest route I can on something (I didn't pay full price for ME:A), so that usually means passing on the steel book. 

I have the Steel Book for Dragon Ball Super: Broly as well. But that's not a game so....

• Like 1

My Owned:

Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Special Edition

Hitman

Assassin's Creed: Origins Steelbook Gold Edition

Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition

South Park: The Fractured but Whole - Steelbook Gold Edition

Far Cry 5 - PlayStation 4 Steelbook Gold Edition

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Croft Steelbook Edition

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Best Buy Steelbook

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - PlayStation 4 Gold Steelbook Edition

Control Deluxe Edition

Death Stranding - Special Edition

Plus pre-ordered: Watch Dogs: Legion Ultimate Steelbook Edition

I think that's all of them.

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I own few of them, all on PS4. I'll just list them. Unless otherwise mentioned, they're standalones.

Final Fantasy XV (Deluxe Edition)

Kingdom Hearts III (Deluxe Edition)

Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (King's Edition)

Horizon Zero Dawn (Limited Edition)

Persona 5

Control

• Like 1

• 2 months later...