Worst Game on Ps4 You Ever Played

terminatorx0606

1 hour ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

Do you actually have a reason to disagree? I find it pointless to quote someone without giving a reason, so I'm interested in why you think these games are good. 

Didn't think it warranted much of a response. I don't think any of those games I bolded deserve to be on a "worst game I've played" list. I do agree that a couple I didn't bold certainly belong there, and others I just don't know enough to comment on.

FFXV is a wonderful game, but we all know the launch issues that it suffered from, and the barren open world that - in my opinion - should have been scrapped in favour of developing the characters further. I do believe all the updates and DLC have expanded enough to the game to improve it to many people, though I beat it day one and still loved it for what it was; even though it was fundamentally flawed at launch.

Alien Isolation is a little simplistic in nature, but provides a really great atmosphere. The gameplay isn't perfect, but also isn't enough of a determent to make the game bad in any way, shape or form to me.

Lords of the Fallen suffers from being a "Dark Souls" wannabe. Despite that, it stands on its own legs and tries to do its own thing outside of that gameplay combat that we're seeing progressively more and more with many games nowadays.

Salt and Sanctuary is an intriguing indie game, one of the most fun in fact. Another "Dark Souls" wannabe, which may as well become its own genre, but is that really enough to justify calling it bad? The art style is more than enough to get people interested, even if the game feels a little too familiar, gameplay wise.

Unravel is pure art, and demonstrates thoughtful puzzles, though I guess they do get a bit predictable. I thought it was one of EA's most thoughtful games they've done in a long time.

I don't know what your expectations were for all these games, but they all have one thing in common to me. They're all freaking amazing in their own way.

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

This is for worst games, and not the best, right?! Some of those games are amazing. 

Honestly, I'd be more interested to see why you think they're the worst game on PS4?

Which games do you think are amazing? 

First Tree - I explained in a previous message why I didn't enjoy this game

Alien Isolation - Okay, I tried so hard to enjoy this game and it's decent until around the 5 hour mark. I do believe I got to chapter 7 before calling it quits. The main reason I hated this game is that you can't make steady progress, you have to constantly wait for the Alien to go on the correct path so you can get lucky. Missions with multiple paths were fine but the ones in which you had to take a specific path she was always there, you have to sit there and wait but if you take too long she'll figure out where you are. No way to fight back or distract her for long enough (I know that's the point of the game) so you can get the chance to escape, when you do make progress she can just spawn in front of you and make you lose an hour of progress. I found it frustrating how I could be stuck on a mission for a day because no matter what I tried she would tend to kill me, over and over again. It was fun at the start but as the chapters got longer and the fear factor went it just became annoying. It wasn't my cup of tea, one of my friends adores this game which I why I gave it a chance. 

Final Fantasy XV - I don't feel like I really need to explain this, especially if you've played most of the previous games. The story is terrible and makes no sense, this is including all the DLC and added chapters. The battle system is terrible, you got one party member constantly wanting to take pictures and repeating the same 10 lines for a the course of the game, you're just holding the O button in which no skill is required besides here and there, you constantly enter caution? I'm not sure what it's called but when you have to use a phoenix down without actually being dead. Constant loss of HP during battle which makes HP pointless if its just going to disappear in the next fight. The game is open world and the car can fly, I mean come on. All the characters are bland, there's a time traveling dog, the person who I thought was you uncle isn't actually you uncle but I didn't know until twitchy's DLC came out. Each persons DLC has horrible gameplay, the snowmobile races speak for itself. The summons come randomly, they had to patch in changing characters during battles along with the 50 other patches, the only thing I enjoyed was the Jedi Tonberries. 

Conan Exiles - I'd be impressed if you found someone who actually enjoyed the game.

Immortal Unchained & Lords of the Fallen - The main problem was the performance issues, both felt laggy, FPS dropping and when you played them it felt slow. That's the best I could describe it. It didn't feel fast or smooth which is something I need in a Souls like, without it, it becomes sluggish and unfun. 

Lichdome Battlemage - I actually managed to beat the game but I have no idea how, nothing makes sense. I watched YouTube videos, read guides and I still didn't understand the basics of spell making. It's just a very nothing game which doesn't do anything to make you like it, let's not talk about when an area had rain and the FPS drop. 

Omega Quintet - I genuinely just didn't enjoy it and I've heard a lot of other people say the same, it's one of the few games (mainly the ones on the list) which made me not want to even get half way. 

Salt & Sanctuary and Unravel - Now that I'm thinking back on it, these are games I just don't like so scratch these off the list. I didn't enjoy them but I can see why people did.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:23 AM, Nighcisama said:

You know I have seen this game mentioned here a few times and as someone who has never played it myself, or any souls game for that matter, it confused me because the game usually gets so much praise. Playing it myself now, only a few hours in but I think I understand why it is on so many peoples worst game list in this thread, if I were to stop now it would definitely make my worst games list on ps4 too. Jury is still out obviously because I recognize that games this long may only appear bad in the opening hours, but boy this game made a terrible impression on me so far.

You said this for Outlast 2 and GTA III.

Obviously it just sounds like to me you have a general lack of patience. Nioh doesn't have a torturous no death run required for platinum that has you viewing disgusting cutscenes. Neither is it a 18 year old game that looks extremely dated and has cumbersome controls.

There are far, far worse games on the PS4 than Nioh. That is nowhere close to what I consider to be the absolute worst.

Orc Slayer is definitely one of the worst I've played, but I have a feeling the developers made it intentionally bad so it would generate some buzz in the indie gaming community.

Actually, i'm changing my answer to Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled.

Beyond the surface, this good looking but overrated, nostalgic driven, mostly-cosmetic-content-prioritizing-over-fundamental-issues game has an enormous amount of problems across various fonts of game design that puts it above other low quality games I've played. Low quality games typically have an excuse like small budget, small development team, etc, but a "high quality" and flagship game like CTR:NF—published by Activision, at that—having such a variety of issues is insane. The fact that their following game, Modern Warfare, another re-imagining, turned out to be an actual great one (especially since it actually runs at 60FPS and has features like 2P online) is simply pathetic.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Didn't think it warranted much of a response. I don't think any of those games I bolded deserve to be on a "worst game I've played" list. I do agree that a couple I didn't bold certainly belong there, and others I just don't know enough to comment on.

FFXV is a wonderful game, but we all know the launch issues that it suffered from, and the barren open world that - in my opinion - should have been scrapped in favour of developing the characters further. I do believe all the updates and DLC have expanded enough to the game to improve it to many people, though I beat it day one and still loved it for what it was; even though it was fundamentally flawed at launch.

Alien Isolation is a little simplistic in nature, but provides a really great atmosphere. The gameplay isn't perfect, but also isn't enough of a determent to make the game bad in any way, shape or form to me.

Lords of the Fallen suffers from being a "Dark Souls" wannabe. Despite that, it stands on its own legs and tries to do its own thing outside of that gameplay combat that we're seeing progressively more and more with many games nowadays.

Salt and Sanctuary is an intriguing indie game, one of the most fun in fact. Another "Dark Souls" wannabe, which may as well become its own genre, but is that really enough to justify calling it bad? The art style is more than enough to get people interested, even if the game feels a little too familiar, gameplay wise.

Unravel is pure art, and demonstrates thoughtful puzzles, though I guess they do get a bit predictable. I thought it was one of EA's most thoughtful games they've done in a long time.

I don't know what your expectations were for all these games, but they all have one thing in common to me. They're all freaking amazing in their own way.

These are opinions. I know people who didn't like Uncharted 4, because for them it was too slow paced at the beginning and delved too far into the drama between Nathan Drake and Elena. For me I'd place it somewhere in the middle, not my favorite Uncharted but still a decent game in it's own right.

The amount of people quoting others in this thread regarding their opinions on said games trying to prove them wrong is just sad.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

You said this for Outlast 2 and GTA III.

Obviously it just sounds like to me you have a general lack of patience. Nioh doesn't have a torturous no death run required for platinum that has you viewing disgusting cutscenes. Neither is it a 18 year old game that looks extremely dated and has cumbersome controls.

There are far, far worse games on the PS4 than Nioh. That is nowhere close to what I consider to be the absolute worst.

Orc Slayer is definitely one of the worst I've played, but I have a feeling the developers made it intentionally bad so it would generate some buzz in the indie gaming community.

Even comparing what I said about Nioh with what I said about Outlast 2 or GTA 3 is pretty stupid, because I described them differently, entirely. Outlast 2 was a game I liked somewhat despite it being a worse horror game than the first game due to being way too heavy on the chases and trial and error level/encounter design, I just started hating it when it came time to do the several hour ironman runs without being able to skip cutscenes. I straight up hated GTA3 because it was a barely functional turd that people only hold in somewhat high regards because it was the first GTA for most, I do not have that bias because I played GTA 1 and 2 before and GTA Vice City as well, GTA 3 was broken in several ways and I knew 2 hours in that it would suck from start to finish, and it sure did, I don't think Nioh will reach these lows, I'd be impressed if it did.

Nioh is not a bad game overall, I will recognize that even if I end up hating it, it just has obvious design flaws in my eyes, several questionable mechanics, cheap artificial difficulty in the first few hours due to cramping you in tightly with a boss or many enemies when you instantly die by the slightest touch and have jack shit for stamina, just not something I enjoy because I prefer well designed challenges instead. I still give Nioh a chance to improve, which I hope it will, but so far it was nothing but shitty to play, and killing the boat boss for example did not feel even slightly rewarding. If you have to compare it to a game I had similar problems with, Monster Hunter World seems to be a much better comparison than the games you chose, as both have questionable design decisions, way too much grind, game refusing to explain basic shit and damage sponge boss enemies spamming wide area attacks that kill you in 1-2 hits, paired with rather simplistic combat (though I am certain Nioh will not stay this simplistic, its almost dumbed down to Dynasty Warriors level at the moment, I refuse to believe a game with this many fans has such a combat for its entire playtime).

Back to the topic of Nioh as a worst game contender, I doubt it will actually make my worst list even if it stays as annoying as it is now, it would have to decrease in the fun department even further and would have to be a very long grind to boot, but that is because I have played my fair share of shitty, bad and underwhelming games. However, someone who is more careful with his purchases might not have trash you mentioned like Orc Slayer to compare Nioh with, topic title is "worst games on ps4 you ever played". Someone might have bought Nioh to get a Dark Souls experience and got a pretty bad experience instead, and if he really liked all his other games then obviously Nioh will make his shit list despite not being an absolute bottom of the barrel game when compared to a wider range of games, these lists are highly subjective. Well in any case, I am back to playing Nioh, if it still sucks at 15-20 hours I will just exploit the obvious design flaws and blitz through it in the cheapest way possible.

Oh and regarding the lack of patience part, my good sir I am actually suggesting you check out some of the games I finished, I doubt you would have the patience for some of them given that you gave up on several online grinds I probably would have sat through on one asscheek, also as someone who has way over 10k deaths on his way to the super meat boy plat I think I have a fair bit of patience to call my own for difficult games.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

Even comparing what I said about Nioh with what I said about Outlast 2 or GTA 3 is pretty stupid, because I described them differently, entirely. Outlast 2 was a game I liked somewhat despite it being a worse horror game than the first game due to being way too heavy on the chases and trial and error level/encounter design, I just started hating it when it came time to do the several hour ironman runs without being able to skip cutscenes. I straight up hated GTA3 because it was a barely functional turd that people only hold in somewhat high regards because it was the first GTA for most, I do not have that bias because I played GTA 1 and 2 before and GTA Vice City as well, GTA 3 was broken in several ways and I knew 2 hours in that it would suck from start to finish, and it sure did, I don't think Nioh will reach these lows, I'd be impressed if it did.

You really don’t know until you’ve played them. 

I can watch all the livestreams and Youtube videos I want before I start thinking about buying a PS4 game. In fact that’s what I do anyway so I’m not jumping blind into something so I don’t get frustrated over what I think is a miserable experience. 

It’s good that you’ve experienced both games and you’ve moved on from them. But Christ, you’ve expressed great discontent for just about everything except the Spyro the Dragon series. Basically been that way since Monster Hunter World. 

You notice the trend here? 

Nioh is not a bad game overall, I will recognize that even if I end up hating it, it just has obvious design flaws in my eyes, several questionable mechanics, cheap artificial difficulty in the first few hours due to cramping you in tightly with a boss or many enemies when you instantly die by the slightest touch and have jack shit for stamina, just not something I enjoy because I prefer well designed challenges instead. I still give Nioh a chance to improve, which I hope it will, but so far it was nothing but shitty to play, and killing the boat boss for example did not feel even slightly rewarding. If you have to compare it to a game I had similar problems with, Monster Hunter World seems to be a much better comparison than the games you chose, as both have questionable design decisions, way too much grind, game refusing to explain basic shit and damage sponge boss enemies spamming wide area attacks that kill you in 1-2 hits, paired with rather simplistic combat (though I am certain Nioh will not stay this simplistic, its almost dumbed down to Dynasty Warriors level at the moment, I refuse to believe a game with this many fans has such a combat for its entire playtime).

Again this comes down to not knowing much really until you’ve played them. 

If Nioh is anything like the Dark Souls, then there is an extremely steep learning curve players have to overcome. In the three Soulsborne games I’ve completed I’ve practically had to overcome dying over and over at the beginning. I look at guides that trophy hunters on YouTube made, best places to grind XP, etc etc. 

I can’t tell you my opinion on Nioh since I haven’t played the game. From the sounds of it, you’d best avoid Lords of the Fallen, Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Salt and Sanctuary and the rest of the Souls inspired games. 

Because a different company made Nioh, you can’t really expect the same mechanics in the From Software games. I absolutely love those titles. 

Back to the topic of Nioh as a worst game contender, I doubt it will actually make my worst list even if it stays as annoying as it is now, it would have to decrease in the fun department even further and would have to be a very long grind to boot, but that is because I have played my fair share of shitty, bad and underwhelming games. However, someone who is more careful with his purchases might not have trash you mentioned like Orc Slayer to compare Nioh with, topic title is "worst games on ps4 you ever played". Someone might have bought Nioh to get a Dark Souls experience and got a pretty bad experience instead, and if he really liked all his other games then obviously Nioh will make his shit list despite not being an absolute bottom of the barrel game when compared to a wider range of games, these lists are highly subjective. Well in any case, I am back to playing Nioh, if it still sucks at 15-20 hours I will just exploit the obvious design flaws and blitz through it in the cheapest way possible.

I intentionally bought Orc Slayer because of how bad it is. That was three years ago and I basically sort of got sucked into the ‘ESPZ games’ that were starting to get released on the PS4. It’s definitely one of the worst experiences I’ve had. 

That wasn’t a mistake I made buying it.

As someone who has followed your posts since you played Monster Hunter World, I just have to wonder if you’re getting frustrated because you’re trying to learn the games from the ground up. 

Trophies can be frustrating. That’s why I put some games on hold until I have the mental fortitude to push forward. 

Oh and regarding the lack of patience part, my good sir I am actually suggesting you check out some of the games I finished, I doubt you would have the patience for some of them given that you gave up on several online grinds I probably would have sat through on one asscheek, also as someone who has way over 10k deaths on his way to the super meat boy plat I think I have a fair bit of patience to call my own for difficult games.

I poured thousands of hours into World of Warcraft and Runescape. I spent hundreds of hours on Runescape doing a very boring monotonous grind on one skill at a time. 

That’s not quite the same as doing that for a trophy but I am definitely capable of doing it. My backlog has too many games to spend that kind of time doing just one task. I’ve taken priority in trophy hunting for fun and some accomplishment. Not in making it a chore. 

• Like 2

For a platinum? Color Guardians.
In general? Payday 2. I can't even say I played it because literally every other missions I couldn't throw bags or invisible walls prevented me from completing a mission. It was and still is a bug fest.

Edited by BestUsername----

Nioh is one of the greatest games on PS4, and one of the very few i kept going with post plat in order to reach 'Way of the Nioh'

@Spaz Is correct in that it requires a lot of patience, as do all the soulsbourne masterpieces, but with enough knowledge you can turn these games into a 1/10.

For example, you can run a bomb drop/back stab build in Nioh that doesn't require any skill whatsoever. You drop a bomb, let the enemy run over it, and back stab them for a 1 hit kill. 

@Nighcisama This might suit your play style if you're unable to develop any skill and want to "blitz your way through it the cheapest way possible" 

It's always entertaining reading someones opinion about a soulsbourne title they have 1% completion in ?

The worst PS4 game iv ever played, hands down "Samael Legacy of Ophiuchus"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

It’s good that you’ve experienced both games and you’ve moved on from them. But Christ, you’ve expressed great discontent for just about everything except the Spyro the Dragon series. Basically been that way since Monster Hunter World. 

You notice the trend here? 

Maybe thats because if I enjoy a game I am usually busy playing it. Spyro had me voice my enjoyment in an unusually frequent and direct manner because of how much I loved it, most games I like I do not get out of my way to praise to the heavens, I just have a good time with them and move on. I either have to really love or really dislike a game to praise it or make long rants about it. I mean you haven't seen me rage on Vice City or San Andreas, or Jurassic World, or most of my games for that matter because I like way more of the games on my profile than I dislike.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

If Nioh is anything like the Dark Souls, then there is an extremely steep learning curve players have to overcome. In the three Soulsborne games I’ve completed I’ve practically had to overcome dying over and over at the beginning. I look at guides that trophy hunters on YouTube made, best places to grind XP, etc etc. 

I can’t tell you my opinion on Nioh since I haven’t played the game. From the sounds of it, you’d best avoid Lords of the Fallen, Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Salt and Sanctuary and the rest of the Souls inspired games.

From what I understood from other people bashing Nioh, the game is only comparable to souls games on a very basic level. I wouldn't know since I never played a souls game, but with a noticeable number of people saying that, maybe I can like other souls games and still dislike Nioh, not sure if I put it to the test though, if at all then probably with Bloodborne.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I intentionally bought Orc Slayer because of how bad it is. That was three years ago and I basically sort of got sucked into the ‘ESPZ games’ that were starting to get released on the PS4. It’s definitely one of the worst experiences I’ve had. 

That wasn’t a mistake I made buying it.

Funny you keep complaining about the game giving you a shitty experience when that is pretty much what you expected of it, I know I do not buy games with the thought of them being bad, in fact many games on my list are highly praised, I just fail to see the appeal in some of them, and thats putting it mildly in a select few cases.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

As someone who has followed your posts since you played Monster Hunter World, I just have to wonder if you’re getting frustrated because you’re trying to learn the games from the ground up.

Could be, I mean MHW was my first Monster Hunter game and the series has been praised for many years, yet I found it to be sub par at best especially given its nasty platinum and overreliance on rng, and never played a game like Nioh either, but then again if a game requires you to be overly familiar with other games of the genre its just badly designed if you ask me. Some other games I played were a first for me too, and I had no problem having fun with those.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

That’s not quite the same as doing that for a trophy but I am definitely capable of doing it. My backlog has too many games to spend that kind of time doing just one task. I’ve taken priority in trophy hunting for fun and some accomplishment. Not in making it a chore. 

Sure buddy, all these salty rants at Mega Man X games you posted recently really had the fun oozing right out of them, not even mentioning the near orgasmic joy you must have felt during the Capcom Arcade Cabinet, I mean you shared your love for some of these games with the world after all?

Don't give me that crap, you did not only go for trophies that are fun for you and some of the stuff you went after was hard and tedious yet not prestigious at all. Your backlog increasing or staying the same is of little concern to you, if it was you wouldn't keep starting new stuff instead of finishing older games first to clean up, so that looks like an excuse to me if I've ever seen one. Also not sure how you turned a more general discussion about bad ps4 games and my takes on Nioh about a discussion about 2 players specific trophy hunting habbits, but I doubt it is adding too much to the topic at this point.

@Demon--Prototype I am not sure why your post even appeared for me despite me having you on the forums ignore list, but since I have seen it I might as well respond for this thread. I play mostly offline so I have a few more hours in Nioh than the single percent on the profile implies, but I admit I am still very early into the game and what I shared about the game were early thoughts, first impressions of me getting a basic idea why some people name Nioh as one of their worst ps4 experiences if you will. I said as much more than once, I am still giving the game time to become fun, but if it is still as bad of an experience at the 15-20 hour mark I will switch my main focus to just finishing the thing quickly, which would be doable without much effort given how the games combat is designed with easily abusable flaws even a souls newbie like me could identify within the first few hours. I mean basic things like sprinting during any fight basically breaks the game, its ridiculous how easy any fight becomes compared to playing the game properly, but I guess you would know more about this than me.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

Maybe thats because if I enjoy a game I am usually busy playing it. Spyro had me voice my enjoyment in an unusually frequent and direct manner because of how much I loved it, most games I like I do not get out of my way to praise to the heavens, I just have a good time with them and move on. I either have to really love or really dislike a game to praise it or make long rants about it. I mean you haven't seen me rage on Vice City or San Andreas, or Jurassic World, or most of my games for that matter because I like way more of the games on my profile than I dislike.

I didn’t literally say every game. But given that you stopped being a completionist it still irks me a little that you’ve barely earned a few trophies in Nioh and it is already giving you issues. 

That’s the same with me. I’m proud with where I’ve gotten. Some titles I’m a bit ashamed of but that’s the minority. 

From what I understood from other people bashing Nioh, the game is only comparable to souls games on a very basic level. I wouldn't know since I never played a souls game, but with a noticeable number of people saying that, maybe I can like other souls games and still dislike Nioh, not sure if I put it to the test though, if at all then probably with Bloodborne.

I’ve heard more complaints regarding Lords of the Fallen, another Souls inspired game that many consider to be cheap. It’s constantly on sale on the PS Store, which I guess is a way to try to get more people to play it. 

The From Software games are much better fine tuned. If you change your mind on Nioh and finish it, I would definitely look into Dark Souls, Sekiro and Bloodborne. 

Funny you keep complaining about the game giving you a shitty experience when that is pretty much what you expected of it, I know I do not buy games with the thought of them being bad, in fact many games on my list are highly praised, I just fail to see the appeal in some of them, and thats putting it mildly in a select few cases.

That’s just something we have to deal with. I have a number of games I ended up not liking too much, such as Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War 2018. I fail to see the appeal in them just like you’ve expressed in some of the games you’ve played. 

Sure buddy, all these salty rants at Mega Man X games you posted recently really had the fun oozing right out of them, not even mentioning the near orgasmic joy you must have felt during the Capcom Arcade Cabinet, I mean you shared your love for some of these games with the world after all1f605.png

Don't give me that crap, you did not only go for trophies that are fun for you and some of the stuff you went after was hard and tedious yet not prestigious at all. Your backlog increasing or staying the same is of little concern to you, if it was you wouldn't keep starting new stuff instead of finishing older games first to clean up, so that looks like an excuse to me if I've ever seen one. Also not sure how you turned a more general discussion about bad ps4 games and my takes on Nioh about a discussion about 2 players specific trophy hunting habbits, but I doubt it is adding too much to the topic at this point.

The second half of the Megaman X series doesn’t hold up like the first half. I’m a huge Mega Man fan but never got around to playing X5 - X8. 

I ended up enjoying X5. X6 was a difficult mess with very poor level design. X7 was the series attempt to go 3-D, but it didn’t convert all too well. X8, from what little I’ve played, is definitely better. 

Most of the games in Capcom Arcade Cabinet are fun and enjoyable. Ghosts n Goblins and Higemari were tough and gave me issues, so I gripes about them in status updates. The hardest games, Son Son, Commando and Gunsmoke I still haven’t finished. I haven’t given up, but I’ve put it on hold for later. 

The majority of my games on my backlog I have had for at least two years. My number has decreased from 100 - 120 titles to around 80 titles over the past year and a half. I’ve made lots of progress in reducing it.

I apologize.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Little Adventure on the Prairie, hands down.  

Admittedly only bought it for the platinum, but almost didn't get said platinum because I gave up halfway through due to how frustrating the mechanics are.  Eventually had to look up a friggin' video guide to figure out how people were getting past the garbage swordplay, and you essentially have to cheat by standing on the enemies' heads so they have a way more difficult time hitting you.

They also didn't bother to hide where the environments end off-screen.  You can see everything in all its cut-and-paste glory just floating in the void.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

It is even possible to like Nioh and dislike Souls, there are quite a few around. However, judging by your previous comments I am pretty sure that you wouldnt like soulsborne
that much either.

"cramping you in tightly with a boss or many enemies when you instantly die by the slightest touch and have jack shit for stamina "

You would have the same  "problem" with Souls, there isnt much of a difference between those games + kinda "cheap" enemy placements. I assume those games are simply not your cup of tea.

From my experience 70% of the people bashing Nioh are  souls player and huge FromSoftware fans, a decent amount of those are more like a cult than a fanbase bashing everything remotely close/similar to Soulsborne no matter how good a game is. A few guys dont  like the loot aspect and the fact that there isnt an interconnected world, which is both extremely subjective. Personally I like both series, soulsborne has probably the slightly better overall package but Nioh has definitely the better combat.

Here the biggest differences: ( the rest is very similar)

Nioh: better/deeper/faster combat than soulsborne with better mechanics and skills, average leveldesign, more loot, levels instead of an interconnected world

Soulsborne: western setting ( gothic, castles, knights, etc. ) ,much better leveldesign and lore, interconnected world

• Like 4

I looked through my list and I would have to say without a doubt it is the terd called Drowning. A walking simulator about the protagonist that committed suicide with a platinum at the end. got it on sale because it was recommended by a youtube channel, said it was an easy platinum. I disagree with this game intentions, I was going through a rough patch, And made me think more about suicide 

• Like 1

Tough call. For me it's probably a toss-up between two cheap games I bought from PSN sales. Armikrog and Murdered: Soul Suspect.

Armikrog I just found very obtuse and uninteresting. Puzzle solutions seemed arbitrary and I wasn't enjoying the humor either. I'm not too angry at it, it's an indie title after all, and I had been forewarned by reviews that maybe I wouldn't enjoy it that much.

MSS on the other hand, is just a mess. Graphical glitches and collision bugs, long stretches of nothing, unclear progression and oh my god, the tedious bullshit stealth mechanics together with the hair-trigger QTEs to execute those Dementor looking shadowbastards haunting you. If it had gone more the Detroit: Become Human route, I think I'd've actually enjoyed it at least a little bit. The idea of a detective game where you're a ghost as a lot going for it, and it peeves me that this game fell so far from achieving it.

Edited by AgamemnonSR

Sherlock holmes crime and punishment. Holy crap I got this game as I heard it was an easy plat and was expecting gameplay somewhat like L.A Noir but was I ever wrong. Wanted to go into my room and just swallow a whole bottle of my anti depressants the game was that bad. And am not a suicidal person 

On 10/28/2019 at 11:52 AM, LucianaRosethorn said:
  • Lichdom: Battlemage

While I like the PC version, Lichdom: Battlemage doesn't fare well on the PS4. The PS4 version has got some serious stutter and framerate issues which can be off-putting (even on a Pro). It does target 60 FPS, but doesn't stay there most of the time. They did have to cut the resolution to 900p. Hopefully LB performs better on PS5.

• Like 1

Twin Robots. Easily.

I know, it's a throwaway cheap Ratalaika plat, but it plays so awfully disgusting that I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. Easy plat for sure but nope, I won't invest another second into it.

Also Shadow of the Lootbox which feels and plays like an asset flip.

The game really sucks and I did actually plat it. I was expecting a fun parody of modern gaming but instead just got a parody without the fun attached to it.

Also Mafia 3.

I won't play another second of it. I won't finish the plat. It's horribly boring to play, zero love or passion seemed to have been involved in the process of making it. To think that this dogshit game released 3 YEARS after GTA V is mindblowing to me. Just no. Maybe for some people it's fun to listen to two radio stations while doing what feels like the exact same mission on repeat but it's just not the type of game I'm willing to give a pass on those issues. I'm actually feeling better not having this plat than having it because having it would be me admitting defeat to the addiction.

• Like 1