Worst Game on Ps4 You Ever Played

terminatorx0606

1 hour ago, TheArcadeKid said:

Objectively speaking, it's got to be Toro. I'm extremely forgiving when it comes to games, especially the low-budget ones, but the core gameplay of this one was so terrible I had to tap out early. I seem to recall a lot of button-memorising with no rhyme or reason behind it. 

Talking of tapping out early, I also quit The Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2 after 7 or 8 hours. I wouldn't seriously call these the worst PS4 games ever, exactly, but they do fall into the tiny category of games that I quit without reaching the end of. Their colossal length obviously didn't encourage me, and I just found the moment-to-moment gameplay hideously tedious. 

I definitely don't hate Red Dead 2. I got a little further than you did but I too walked away. Hell half the time I found myself just playing poker anytime I saw a full table. Sometimes too open of a game is bad for my attention span ?

• Like 1

Onrush. Definitely Onrush.

I like arcade racers, and my favorite series is Burnout, so this seemed like a logical option. Then I played the first race, and suddenly I had already experienced the whole game after 5 minutes. The platinum is an absolute chore, and some of it is tied to AI behavior.

At least I got it on Plus.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lots of hate in here considering it is a topic of people's opinions.

So I've not played a huge number of PS4 games and, the ones I do, I'll often research, buy and play because I think I'm going to like them. I've also not been trophy hunting long so haven't bought a plethora of absolute shite to boost my trophies. With that being said, I guess the following games are more what disappointed me the most, I'll start with a game I have the Platinum for and then add a couple of honorable mentions for games I struggled to get into and maybe didn't give a fair go.

Life is Strange - I'm a big fan of narrative, decision based games and have a few Tell Tale platinums on my profile; this seemed like it had an interesting story and a cool time travel mechanic. Upon playing it I was introduced to uninspiring characters for whom I did not care or bond with and a story that seemed to take a lot of inspiration from Donnie Darko (a film I certainly like) and implement it in such a way that it really fell flat for me. I honestly didn't care what happened as this game progressed. I had no drive to explore or find out more about the story, I just wanted it done. The worst bit by far, however, was the writing! It was like my Mum was on the phone (with a really bad connection) to my Grandmother, explaining to her how teenagers talk and act, and then she had to relay that information to the writers using interpretive dance. I was torn between listening to the story progress while in a constant state of cringe, or turning off the sound and listening to my parents have loud sex in the other room.

However, the soundtrack is sublime and I quite often listen to it at work.

Days Gone - I'm not much into any media with Zombies and the like but the open world, survival style of this game looked quite interesting. i bought it before I got into trophies and played a few hours but really struggled to get into it; it just didn't grip me. However, it is on my profile and it is something I'm going to give another go and probably get the Platinum for; I just sincerely hope it gets better and I like it.

Shadow of the Colossus - Pretty divisive one I guess and I know it has a reputation for having such a great story but after absolutely battling with the camera while defeating the first 2 Colossi and exploring a little I couldn't take it anymore. Really felt like a product of its time and I ended up rage quitting and deleting the game there and then. Maybe I'll give it another go; the Platinum would be nice but it seems like a lot of effort for a game I'm just fighting the whole time. Also, a beautiful open world with absolutely nothing in it... what's the deal with that?

So, those are my opinions but, it is 2020, and having opposing opinions is all but illegal so ,when you tell me how wrong I am, make sure you include personal attacks and name calling.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cpt_und3rp4nts91 said:

Lots of hate in here considering it is a topic of people's opinions.

So I've not played a huge number of PS4 games and, the ones I do, I'll often research, buy and play because I think I'm going to like them. I've also not been trophy hunting long so haven't bought a plethora of absolute shite to boost my trophies. With that being said, I guess the following games are more what disappointed me the most, I'll start with a game I have the Platinum for and then add a couple of honorable mentions for games I struggled to get into and maybe didn't give a fair go.

Life is Strange - I'm a big fan of narrative, decision based games and have a few Tell Tale platinums on my profile; this seemed like it had an interesting story and a cool time travel mechanic. Upon playing it I was introduced to uninspiring characters for whom I did not care or bond with and a story that seemed to take a lot of inspiration from Donnie Darko (a film I certainly like) and implement it in such a way that it really fell flat for me. I honestly didn't care what happened as this game progressed. I had no drive to explore or find out more about the story, I just wanted it done. The worst bit by far, however, was the writing! It was like my Mum was on the phone (with a really bad connection) to my Grandmother, explaining to her how teenagers talk and act, and then she had to relay that information to the writers using interpretive dance. I was torn between listening to the story progress while in a constant state of cringe, or turning off the sound and listening to my parents have loud sex in the other room.

However, the soundtrack is sublime and I quite often listen to it at work.

Days Gone - I'm not much into any media with Zombies and the like but the open world, survival style of this game looked quite interesting. i bought it before I got into trophies and played a few hours but really struggled to get into it; it just didn't grip me. However, it is on my profile and it is something I'm going to give another go and probably get the Platinum for; I just sincerely hope it gets better and I like it.

Shadow of the Colossus - Pretty divisive one I guess and I know it has a reputation for having such a great story but after absolutely battling with the camera while defeating the first 2 Colossi and exploring a little I couldn't take it anymore. Really felt like a product of its time and I ended up rage quitting and deleting the game there and then. Maybe I'll give it another go; the Platinum would be nice but it seems like a lot of effort for a game I'm just fighting the whole time. Also, a beautiful open world with absolutely nothing in it... what's the deal with that?

So, those are my opinions but, it is 2020, and having opposing opinions is all but illegal so ,when you tell me how wrong I am, make sure you include personal attacks and name calling.

I think practically all of your criticisms are valid. I would slightly push back on Days Gone. I gained a lot of appreciation for the resource management and horde battle aspects of the game as I neared the third act of the game. It felt like everything that was janky and annoying was left in the rear view once the final third of the game began. I really grew to love the cast, Boozer and Iron Mike being the high points.

Shadow is definitely an old game given a super glossy coat of paint, and I can completely understand feeling like it's janky. It is, and anyone who tells you it isn't has nostalgia goggles on hard. I'm personally a big fan of Shadow with how the world personifies "desolation" and the general atmosphere and soundtrack are really nice. I would definitely recommend finishing the game, but if you didn't enjoy it, I would definitely not recommend going for the plat. It takes a while and is far more frustrating than just finishing the game again.

If you didn't like the tone of Life is Strange 1, I would actually highly recommend the second game. There's still a bit of teenage angst, but the writing was vastly improved between the two games. I found Daniel and Sean's story so much more compelling and well written than Max and Chloe. And yes, LiS music is always on point.

Edited by nrs1nrs1
  • Like 1

VRApocalypse is definitely up there for me. One of the worst motion-sicknesses I've ever gotten from any VR game, bugged trophies, awful graphics, ridiculous difficulty spike and only 5 levels that all play basically the same with an annoying time limit stamped onto them. They really broke their budget getting google translate to do the narration for them.

I feel my opinion on this changes pretty often, but right now, I would have to say Ark: Survival Evolved is a deceptively bad game. It's glitchy, it's janky, all the DLC is overpriced, and you can just cheat your way through the trophies which devalues them to me (and I actually got the platinum yet it feels like I earned nothing). I suppose if you like community games like this you can find some fun to be had but its not my cup of tea.

• Like 2

Shadow of the Tomb Raider.  I absolutely hated this game.  The graphics weren’t great, the script was bad, the voice acting was terrible, the controls sucked, and the platforming was awful.  For me, there was nothing fun or redeemable about it whatsoever.  I forced myself to get the plat and got through 1 dlc before I just couldn’t stand it anymore.  I take a lot of pride in my completion percentage, but I just couldn’t spend another 5 minutes in this game.  Maybe one day I’ll get around to finishing it, but I get super annoyed just thinking about turning it back on. 

Batman Arkham Knight. Tank battles aren't fun and way too frequent, world is too big and the map feels useless to use, and all the boss battles were setpieces. I guess I don't expect a punch up with the Penguin or the Riddler but still. I completed all the other side missions, then gave up on the Riddler stuff. But tbf I never liked Arkham that much anyway, only played Asylum which had a decent Metroidvania field but I didn't even try City when I heard it was open world. But even then I really didn't like the feel of Batman just doing whatever animation he feels like when I hit the punch or counter button, especially with how long some of them are. Only played Knight because it was free. They need to make a game that's just Predator sections.

21 hours ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

I think practically all of your criticisms are valid. I would slightly push back on Days Gone. I gained a lot of appreciation for the resource management and horde battle aspects of the game as I neared the third act of the game. It felt like everything that was janky and annoying was left in the rear view once the final third of the game began. I really grew to love the cast, Boozer and Iron Mike being the high points.

Shadow is definitely an old game given a super glossy coat of paint, and I can completely understand feeling like it's janky. It is, and anyone who tells you it isn't has nostalgia goggles on hard. I'm personally a big fan of Shadow with how the world personifies "desolation" and the general atmosphere and soundtrack are really nice. I would definitely recommend finishing the game, but if you didn't enjoy it, I would definitely not recommend going for the plat. It takes a while and is far more frustrating than just finishing the game again.

If you didn't like the tone of Life is Strange 1, I would actually highly recommend the second game. There's still a bit of teenage angst, but the writing was vastly improved between the two games. I found Daniel and Sean's story so much more compelling and well written than Max and Chloe. And yes, LiS music is always on point.

I appreciate your input. I will be giving Days Gone another go and I do plan on getting the Platinum for it.

Reading this thread has made me want to work out the 10 most mentioned "worst PS4 games" and play them all; because, y'know, 2020 isn't bad enough.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, cpt_und3rp4nts91 said:

Life is Strange - The worst bit by far, however, was the writing! It was like my Mum was on the phone (with a really bad connection) to my Grandmother, explaining to her how teenagers talk and act, and then she had to relay that information to the writers using interpretive dance. I was torn between listening to the story progress while in a constant state of cringe, or turning off the sound and listening to my parents have loud sex in the other room.

The way they talked and acted seemed pretty close to my memory of being a teenager in the late 2000s/early 2010s, much like the first time a kid called me sir this has made me feel old, really not liking the number 30 that I can see coming around the corner.

Also thank you for reminding me of why I moved out as fast as I could when my parents got back together on my eighteenth birthday, I was perfectly happy not remembering the sounds they made that night.

I'm going to go with I Am Bread as the worst PS4 game I've played. It's the only PS4 game I can think of where simply moving your character in the right direction is a massive challenge that requires hours of practice to get right.

Edited by AusLeviathan
  • Like 1

Goat Simulator is a pretty bad game. In the beginning it can be pretty fun playing splitscreen with a friend but the game really doesn't have a 'main goal' or something. It's just run around and knock some stuff over.

Also, and I might get hated for this real bad, Dragonball Xenoverse 2. It's one of those games I sincerely regret ever buying, and installing, in the first place. Back in the day I used to play A LOT of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (which I still think is the best Dragonball game ever made to his day) and I thought Xenoverse 2 would 'fill the void' that BT3 left me with. The game mechanics are horrible, the 'custom characters' feel incredibly stupid and lore breaking and the game is one big cashgrab (as I understand every single DLC character has to be bought, cosmetics are expensive and they just milk the game so badly as with every new movie or spin-off characters there will be they keep adding them). I'm a big fan of the Dragonball anime but this game kinda broke that for me.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:53 PM, ziggypop_79 said:

I found Red Dead 2 extremely boring. 

You maybe should have learnt after you played the first game and didnt like it.

I know its not everyones cup of tea and people have their opinions but no way should this game be anywhere near this thread

Project cars 3 is bad for real reasons to justify it being on this thread. So many issues and the graphics look like the start of the ps3 era, not the end of the ps4

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

Life Is Strange 2 by far. So "woke" it's unplayable. Felt like doing chemistry homework. In the end I completed it because of the Platinum, but it drained my soul. And funnily enough I really enjoyed the first one, despite all the "hellas" and other bullshit. It was well paced and intriguing. This one though is the only game I've played I would actually give 2/10. 

Drowning. I’d rather play My Name Is Mayo for a year than that boring slog of a game. Seriously, such an absolute failure of a “story”. Just pretentious garbage and I’m a guy who likes a bit of pretentious garbage. Only platinum that I really would absolutely be scrubbed from my list, I’m happier to have Magus than this trash cash grab asset flip joke 

• Like 1

In the 2 years I've owned a ps4 I pretty much only played good games, and I still have plenty of great ones still left to play, but yeah, I did try Dauntless at some point, and if I had to choose one that would be it, yeah it's a free Monster hunter, but I found it very uninspired, the art style did not click for me, the performance was pretty meh, the gameplay was not satisfying, just nothing that would make me ever pick it over MH, no matter how much time I've already spent in MH.

Loading Human: Chapter One.  It was one of the launch day games for PSVR which is when I got it, and it was just incredibly difficult to play.  It just didn't work.  Maybe they patched it later on to make the movement process easier, I don't know, but it was just impossible to get around.  There are ways to make movement in VR work, either by teleporting or by using the sticks how Skyrim VR did or by just using a controller like Resident Evil did.  It's a problem but it's a problem that can be solved; it wasn't solved by this game.  Couldn't move and it kept saying I was out of bounds...I gave it a shot for two days or so but, after that, I never went back; I had Batman and Driveclub VR and Rush of Blood to play, and then Resident Evil once it came out.  Felt taken advantage of because it really felt broken.  Haven't set up my PSVR in a while, thinking about it I'm tempted to give it another shot and see if they fixed it.

I wasn't the only one who didn't like it though.  It's called Loading Human: Chapter One.  It never got a Chapter Two.