Worst Game on Ps4 You Ever Played

terminatorx0606

On 10/28/2019 at 3:38 PM, W571WE said:

If I can never forget one it definitely is Little Adventure on The Prairie. Only picked it up because it was like a dollar or something. Easy plat why not lol

Amen to this - I probably can't say a thing considering I paid twice for the easy plat on both PS4 and Vita, but the second time definitely felt wrong and dirty.

Unlike Mayo/Slyde/Energy Cycle etc easy plats, this is just so incredibly badly made. The most frustrating half hour platinum ever lol

• 2 weeks later...

Onrush

I like racing games. I really do. But Onrush is an entirely different story. The entire appeal of the game is fun at first glance and it looks a little like Rocket League. The concept of the game isn't bad either. There are 4 game-modes each with their own ups- and downs, nothing wrong with that.

And now for the bad part: Everything that is not mentioned above. The Campaign is a pain, that's just it. The challenges in the first few events are doable and make you wonder why I'm even complaining here but the events in later leagues are just plain ridiculous. And the absolute worst part of it all? The bots in this game are beyond infuriating! Either the enemy team is that good that every time you get remotely close to one of them they start stalking the living hell out of you until you get crushed underneath them or they get you crashed against a tree and your own team just forgets there is an objective in the first place or it's the other way around. Why would the other way around be bad you ask? Well, try and get 12 takedowns in a single race (which is already hard on its own) when your entire team crashes the opposition in front of you leaving 0 enemies for you to take down. And that's just one of the MANY examples I can give. The times I just quit the game in the middle of a match because we either lost in 0.01 seconds or won in 0.01 seconds (leaving no time to complete challenges) is just uncountable.

The characters are extremely cringy, especially when they get featured as MVP. The music in the menus and matches is just plain bad and doesn't fit in the picture and the lootboxes give more duplicates then actual 'new' stuff. The vehicle customization wasn't that bad after all but it just gets really old really fast getting the same model for the same car but this time it's red and not green.....

All together I'd say Onrush could have been a fun game. That is if the developers actually cared about it at all and gave it some much needed patches a year or 2 ago, like lowering AI difficulty or increase objective timers but in the current state this might have been the worst game I've played on my PS4 so far. I did get the platinum for it after 2 weeks of playing and I swear that if it had taken a day longer I would've sent my controller flying. I can easily control my rage when playing games but Onrush took it to a whole other level.

Edited by its_ArchroniX
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, its_ArchroniX said:

Onrush

I like racing games. I really do. But Onrush is an entirely different story. The entire appeal of the game is fun at first glance and it looks a little like Rocket League. The concept of the game isn't bad either. There are 4 game-modes each with their own ups- and downs, nothing wrong with that.

And now for the bad part: Everything that is not mentioned above. The Campaign is a pain, that's just it. The challenges in the first few events are doable and make you wonder why I'm even complaining here but the events in later leagues are just plain ridiculous. And the absolute worst part of it all? The bots in this game are beyond infuriating! Either the enemy team is that good that every time you get remotely close to one of them they start stalking the living hell out of you until you get crushed underneath them or they get you crashed against a tree and your own team just forgets there is an objective in the first place or it's the other way around. Why would the other way around be bad you ask? Well, try and get 12 takedowns in a single race (which is already hard on its own) when your entire team crashes the opposition in front of you leaving 0 enemies for you to take down. And that's just one of the MANY examples I can give. The times I just quit the game in the middle of a match because we either lost in 0.01 seconds or won in 0.01 seconds (leaving no time to complete challenges) is just uncountable.

I don't remember Onrush being all that bad. ??  Maybe I am just suppressing the trauma.  It is for sure forgettable at the very least though.

For me, I don't have a game that I have played that I thought was just unredeemable garbage, but Jump Force comes pretty close.  It just isn't a good video game.  The pitch is that all of your favorite shonen anime characters have come together to protect the earth from some new evil.  That on the surface sounds interesting enough... but the execution just isn't really there.  Its a fighting game with really clunky controls and mechanics that aren't super well thought out.  The story isn't all that interesting either, which is a shame because you have a lot of really iconic characters to play with and you just don't really do anything with them... in fact, most of the story is about your create-a-character self insert which is not why I bought a fighting game with shonen jump characters.  On top of that the game crashes all the time, especially in the multiplayer.  Speaking of the multiplayer... they take your solo game level into account when fighting which is really really dumb.  If you are level 100 in the main campaign and you fight someone who hasn't played the main campaign or side missions you will win.  Your attacks will do about 4x as much damage and you will take reduced damage.  Why?  Why would you design your fighting game this way?  The platinum doesn't really save it either.  There isn't really anything interesting to do besides a clear the main story and do the thing a certain number of times.  Just mindless grinding. 

When you put all the above together, it makes for a poor experience, but a poor experience with Luffy, Asta, and Piccolo is at least tolerable enough for me to bother getting the platinum. ?

• Like 1

As a fan of Pokemon growing up as a kid, the idea of a Pokemon clone coming to the PS4 was music to my ears. The monster designs in Nexomon: Extinction (PS4) were interesting and unique. But unfortunately, it failed to capture that pokemon charm. I know it was supposed to be its own thing, but it just didn't hit with me. Which was a shame, because I was looking forward to platinuming that game on my old account. But the grind was horrible and I felt the world was flat. The amazing and cool monster designs couldn't save the game for me. Hopefully, I didn't lose the love for this genre. I really hope the new Pokemon legends Arceus game rekindles my love for it. The whole open-world RPG sounds so exciting, especially the new catching pokemon mechanic. 

giphy.gif 

21 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

I don't remember Onrush being all that bad. 1f602.png1f602.png  Maybe I am just suppressing the trauma.  It is for sure forgettable at the very least though.

Don't get me wrong the game is fun when played casually or online with friends but from a trophy hunters perspective it's just absolute hell. Getting all stars on all leagues is already a chore but having bots that don't cooperate or just make every single race a living hell is another thing on its own. 

• Like 1

Uncharted 4 ... I know .... but I was expecting a 100% TPS gun fight game without the platforming/climbing stuff, I suffer so much between the fights ?

Shadow of the colossus HD .... I never been able to enjoy it despites its assets 

Edited by DJ_PLK_
addon

Worst game I have ever played would have to be Orc Slayer. That game was a broken mess, ended up being in the final level for 50 minutes when it should’ve been done in 20. So many frame rate issues, the textures are awful, the graphics are awful and it was just so boring. 
I was literally shooting the boss in the head and walking around in circles for a good half hour straight 

Edited by ShaunJones94
Added something

3 hours ago, DJ_PLK_ said:

Uncharted 4 ... I know .... but I was expecting a 100% TPS gun fight game without the platforming/climbing stuff, I suffer so much between the fights ?

Shadow of the colossus HD .... I never been able to enjoy it despites its assets 

Uncharted 4 is the worst game you’ve played on PS4?! ?

On 2/16/2021 at 2:54 AM, Monk256 said:

Amen to this - I probably can't say a thing considering I paid twice for the easy plat on both PS4 and Vita, but the second time definitely felt wrong and dirty.

Unlike Mayo/Slyde/Energy Cycle etc easy plats, this is just so incredibly badly made. The most frustrating half hour platinum ever lol

Quite honestly the worst game I have ever played. Even worse than Superman 64. 

I do believe it is too easy to rag in these games - I think the worst game I expected to be better is a toss up between Destiny 2 and Anthem for different reasons. 

Destiny 2 is a crisp shooter with 0 content on launch - it is marginally better because post launch content is pretty good too, however it should of been free. The raid took too long to launch and it basically boiled down to a weekly strike and the crucible (not really the reason I played destiny). I played D1 launch so I should of known better. 

Anthem is the same. But it was bad a best. The shooting was dull, the flight was laughable and the content was more bare than D2. Plus there was a bunch of cosmetics that were locked behind a paywall. This is the worst game I have played at launch by far - triple a developers should be better than the rubbish that is Prairie...... but a least I know what I'm getting with games like Prairie. 

8 minutes ago, Gumby114 said:

Quite honestly the worst game I have ever played. Even worse than Superman 64. 

I do believe it is too easy to rag in these games - I think the worst game I expected to be better is a toss up between Destiny 2 and Anthem for different reasons. 

Destiny 2 is a crisp shooter with 0 content on launch - it is marginally better because post launch content is pretty good too, however it should of been free. The raid took too long to launch and it basically boiled down to a weekly strike and the crucible (not really the reason I played destiny). I played D1 launch so I should of known better. 

Anthem is the same. But it was bad a best. The shooting was dull, the flight was laughable and the content was more bare than D2. Plus there was a bunch of cosmetics that were locked behind a paywall. This is the worst game I have played at launch by far - triple a developers should be better than the rubbish that is Prairie...... but a least I know what I'm getting with games like Prairie. 

I’m less mad about the lack of content than I am about the fact that the free to play update reset my progress back to the beginning. This meant I would have had to slog my way through the progression again, sacrificing all my favorite legendary and exotic weapons for mediocre ones, doing the same thing I’ve done since before the update. Yes, I got Destiny 2 before the Curse of Osiris update, and I didn’t think it was that bad. Oooh, controversy.

Probably has been mentioned several times here, but Space Overlords truly is absolute fecal matter. 

It was a free (plus game) and it has like 12 ultra Rares, so decided to give it a go... I regreted starting it almost immediately. It might as well be the worst game I'VE EVER played.

Honorable mention: Adam's Venture Origins. It's a shitty bootleg Uncharted, but at least these developers were trying. Also, the antagonist gets dispatched in an unironic Looney Tunes kind of way. Priceless.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

Probably has been mentioned several times here, but Space Overlords truly is absolute fecal matter. 

It was a free (plus game) and it has like 12 ultra Rares, so decided to give it a go... I regreted starting it almost immediately. It might as well be the worst game I'VE EVER played.

Honorable mention: Adam's Venture Origins. It's a shitty bootleg Uncharted, but at least these developers were trying. Also, the antagonist gets dispatched in an unironic Looney Tunes kind of way. Priceless.

i quite liked space overlords, i dunno why but the challenge kept me going. some of those levels were crazy, and farming 250k buildings just sucked but hey, did it in a few days np.

for me worst game on ps4 probably assault suit leynos.

1 hour ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

I’m less mad about the lack of content than I am about the fact that the free to play update reset my progress back to the beginning. This meant I would have had to slog my way through the progression again, sacrificing all my favorite legendary and exotic weapons for mediocre ones, doing the same thing I’ve done since before the update. Yes, I got Destiny 2 before the Curse of Osiris update, and I didn’t think it was that bad. Oooh, controversy.

No controversy at all mate, i probably changed from worst game to "I expected better". The shooting is still the tightest I have played. I have this disappointed love for both Destiny games. The raids are fantastic, the music is even better and the graphics are some of the best as well. I was just saying that before the raid launch it was really dull - I paid $100 AUD for it and really didn't feel I got my money worth - until the DLC (Which I paid for.....) I hear its a hell of a game now tho. 

I haven't played since free to play..... Thats absolutely disgusting that you were made to reset, how ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

Literally came here to say this. I like the idea of Space Overlords, but it's just... terribly implemented. It's the definition of low budget indie jank. And I've played some janky indie games, but it is pure jank. At least Pox Nora (which I platinumed during the same event as Space Overlords) had a fun, in depth card battling system, even if it controlled like a 2005 browser game. Space Overlords was just... yeah. The core gameplay barely works, you just spam power ups so that you can keep doing invincible spinning attacks and hope for the best. Solid 5/10 game.

I actually didn't mind Adam's Venture Origins that much, it was jank but in a somewhat endearing way. Still embarrassed about the platinum, though to be fair, it was on PS Now and that was when Sony was doing the 1 plat = 1 dollar promotion

4 hours ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Literally came here to say this. I like the idea of Space Overlords, but it's just... terribly implemented. It's the definition of low budget indie jank. And I've played some janky indie games, but it is pure jank.

Yup.

There is almost certainly a decent game to be made from the bones of the concept of Space Overlords, but holy-hell did they miss the mark on every single part of that game.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1