Worst Game on Ps4 You Ever Played

terminatorx0606

18 hours ago, its_ArchroniX said:

Onrush

I like racing games. I really do. But Onrush is an entirely different story. The entire appeal of the game is fun at first glance and it looks a little like Rocket League. The concept of the game isn't bad either. There are 4 game-modes each with their own ups- and downs, nothing wrong with that.

And now for the bad part: Everything that is not mentioned above. The Campaign is a pain, that's just it. The challenges in the first few events are doable and make you wonder why I'm even complaining here but the events in later leagues are just plain ridiculous. And the absolute worst part of it all? The bots in this game are beyond infuriating! Either the enemy team is that good that every time you get remotely close to one of them they start stalking the living hell out of you until you get crushed underneath them or they get you crashed against a tree and your own team just forgets there is an objective in the first place or it's the other way around. Why would the other way around be bad you ask? Well, try and get 12 takedowns in a single race (which is already hard on its own) when your entire team crashes the opposition in front of you leaving 0 enemies for you to take down. And that's just one of the MANY examples I can give. The times I just quit the game in the middle of a match because we either lost in 0.01 seconds or won in 0.01 seconds (leaving no time to complete challenges) is just uncountable.

The characters are extremely cringy, especially when they get featured as MVP. The music in the menus and matches is just plain bad and doesn't fit in the picture and the lootboxes give more duplicates then actual 'new' stuff. The vehicle customization wasn't that bad after all but it just gets really old really fast getting the same model for the same car but this time it's red and not green.....

All together I'd say Onrush could have been a fun game. That is if the developers actually cared about it at all and gave it some much needed patches a year or 2 ago, like lowering AI difficulty or increase objective timers but in the current state this might have been the worst game I've played on my PS4 so far. I did get the platinum for it after 2 weeks of playing and I swear that if it had taken a day longer I would've sent my controller flying. I can easily control my rage when playing games but Onrush took it to a whole other level.

100% this. Onrush is a mess. 

I struggled my way through that game, hating it more and more as it progressed. It's the only game that's been so bad that I gave up on the platinum with only about 2-3 hours of work left on it. 

For a non AAA game, it's got to be something like Orc Slayer. I've never felt more like I needed an intervention for this whole trophy thing than right then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Are people being serious in here, WORST GAME YOU PLAYED, Uncharted , Assassins Creed, Life is Strange, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption 2, Days Gone ????!

Come the frick on people. If these are the worst games you have played, you need to play more games :)

All about opinions i guess  . Im going Tennis World Tour . Was excited to hear that the guys who made topsin were behind this , almost a decade after the previous topspin game and what they produced was just awful , PS2 level graphics , Janky gameplay , looked and played like it was made 10 years before topspin 4 rather than 10 years later

I have a few that spring immediately to mind.

First would be Tera.

This game wasn't fun and I was expecting better after a mate hyped it up before release.

Next would be My Hero One's Justice and Seven Deadly Sins Knights of Britannia. These are horrible fighting games and even worse games.

After the bad taste these left in my mouth I dare not try another licensed Bandai Namco anime fighter ever again.

I need to get this off my chest as everywhere I turn people seem to praise it to no end, but Dragon's Dogma is definitely up there. I'm sure there's definitely more to add to this but that's what always comes to mind. I mostly play everything to completion because I'm obsessive and I did not enjoy my time at all with this. 

On 3/5/2021 at 1:56 AM, Maaden_Swe said:

Are people being serious in here, WORST GAME YOU PLAYED, Uncharted , Assassins Creed, Life is Strange, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption 2, Days Gone ????!

Come the frick on people. If these are the worst games you have played, you need to play more games :)

Played most on several accounts and tried to go back and guess what YAAAAWWWWNNN

The critically acclaimed Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was the worst for me. It was so boring that I think just peeling potatoes is more engaging and fun than this.

All you do in this game is slowly walk around in a big open area and follow a ball of light, occasionally listening as it talks in voices of dead people.

Edited by Domino_Destructo
  • Like 1

Final Fantasy Type-0. It's the worst game I've played in a very long time. The characters had no personality, the story was mediocre for the until the seventh chapter, and downright awful during the 8th and final. The dialog was atrocious, the levels were lifeless. There's a lot of stuff that could've been interesting, but the implementation was abysmal.

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

To a certain extent, it is about opinion, but that doesn't mean that there aren't answers that are just plain silly.

In a list like 'Your most hated game', or 'Your favourite game', it is purely opinion, but in a 'Worst game' or 'Best game' argument, some answers are not answers - they are purely bait, or to try to make a point.

Obviously I'm not arguing that there is such a thing as a single 'objectively worst' game - or a single 'objectively best' game, for that matter, but let's face it: in an argument over what is the 'BEST game of all time', there are probably around 100-200 possible games that are reasonable answers.

By that I mean, answers where anyone hearing the argument for them taking the crown seems genuine and reasonable, and not just a deliberate attempt to either bait a response, or to push an agenda. (Hey, we all have our favourites - the games we love, but know fine well they have no place on a 'Best of all time' list. Hell, most of my favourite games fall in that category!) ;) 

The converse is also true.

I'll certainly admit, the pool of potential games for 'Worst of all time' is significantly larger than 100-200 (There are thousands of terrible shovel-ware games out there), but there are definitely some games where there is a certain level of baseline quality. Where no matter how much I personally detest them, they just have no place in such an argument.

I, for one, cannot stand Metal Gear Solid games. 

I hated Ghosts of Tsushima so much I deleted it after 45 minutes - after paying full price!

BUT - I would never try to make an argument that any of those games deserve to even be mentioned in a discussion of 'Worst games I've ever played.'

There is a level of quality and craftsmanship in those games that completely precludes that, no matter how much I personally disliked them.

I love reading different people's takes on best and worst games. (Well, best more than worst really, but there is interest to be had in the worst lists too.) It is interesting for the most part, but when I see someone putting forward something like Uncharted 4, or The Last of Us, or Days Gone or Red Dead for Worst game? I just don't think it has the effect that the person was aiming for. 

It doesn't make me think "Wow, that person has very unusual taste", or "Oooh, they have a very different perspective than me".

It just makes me think, "Wow. They really didn't understand the question."

But the thread isn't about the "Worst Game". It's about the Worst game someone's ever played on the PS4, and there's a huge difference between those two. For example, I have never played any of those shovelware games some people buy to get platinums. I mostly buy games from well regarded companies or games with a decent score on opencritic. Sometimes I might risk it, but for the most part I like playing it safe with my money. From that pool of games, Final Fantasy Type-0 was the worst game by far. Is it the worst game of all time? Absolutely not. Should it be a contender? Not really.

I do get that some people can get really hyperbolic with threads like this, but some of those answers are valid. Hell, if you asked me the same question a year ago or two, I probably would've said Days Gone...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Iker_01 said:

But the thread isn't about the "Worst Game". It's about the Worst game someone's ever played on the PS4, and there's a huge difference between those two. For example, I have never played any of those shovelware games some people buy to get platinums. I mostly buy games from well regarded companies or games with a decent score on opencritic. Sometimes I might risk it, but for the most part I like playing it safe with my money. From that pool of games, Final Fantasy Type-0 was the worst game by far. Is it the worst game of all time? Absolutely not. Should it be a contender? Not really.

Good point well made.

What you say is true, I do get that, and as a result, the pool of truly 'ridiculous' answers is smaller, but I still think there are some answers that are just that.

I certainly wouldn't have put Final Fantasy Type 0 in that 'ridiculous' list for what it's worth - I haven't played it myself, but I have heard some not great things, and at the very least, I recall that it was divisive at the time of release.

10 minutes ago, Iker_01 said:

I do get that some people can get really hyperbolic with threads like this, but some of those answers are valid. Hell, if you asked me the same question a year ago or two, I probably would've said Days Gone...

I haven't played Days Gone, as it seems really not my kind of thing - and I have seen some clips of cutscenes...

they were.... interesting.... ? 

But the game itself seems well made.

Maybe that wasn't the best one to include as an example, but you get what I mean, right?

I mean, c'mon.

Uncharted 4

Imagine how few games you would have had to play to genuinely be able to argue, without hyperbole, that it was the 'worst' one. Even if you hated it, it would still be an exceptionally well made thing.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

On 05/03/2021 at 11:29 AM, JohnCenaSong- said:

No competition for this one, easily Lizard Lady vs the Cats

There's a few personal stinkers I've tried from sales/PS+ that didn't quite deliver in my eyes, but nothing I'd consider outright bad... except that xD

Thanks for this - I have to admit, the cover art on that game is cool enough that it did draw my attention on the store...

I appreciate your metaphorical slap to my face to stop me from making a grave error!

I haven't actually played that many games on my PS4 (Yes I own around 260 digital games and only played 122 of them but that isn't the point!) and I can't say that any of them are the worst games I've ever played, if I did have to pick anything it would be a toss up between Agents of Mayhem & Anthem which are recent games I played. While there was nothing fundamentally wrong with them and they were very playable I'm mostly saying this because of the trophies, Anthem's collectable system made me hate collectables in general because of how RNG thier placement is and Agent's of Mayhem just because I had to play it longer than I wanted to.

By no means am I saying these are the worst games out there! Just the ones I really stopped enjoying early on.

(Yes I even enjoyed the Godzilla game, I just don't have it anymore as that was Physical and I am damned if i'm paying £150+ for another copy of it)

Edited by Sylvanticore

a choice for me for a big game would have to be arkham knight, only recently played the batman games a couple of years ago and the first one is my favourite by far, the map size is familiar and easy to manouver about in, and it gets worse for me as the series progresses, I enjoyed city less then asylum and arkham knight I didn't like at all because I found the map awkward to move around, spiderman is way better for me