Worst Game on Ps4 You Ever Played

terminatorx0606

Boring, repetitive graphics and forgettable music is an uneducated opinion after playing Bloodborne and not beating the first boss. Not enough of the game was played to form a proper opinion. Worst combat in any game ever is a fair opinion although it's probably based on one weapon and not much effort put into learning it if the first boss wasn't beaten. "The gameplay is absolutely abysmal, so painfully slow and dull that I couldn’t stop laughing at how broken it was while playing it" is 100% trolling.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Boring, repetitive graphics and forgettable music is an uneducated opinion after playing Bloodborne and not beating the first boss. Not enough of the game was played to form a proper opinion. Worst combat in any game ever is a fair opinion although it's probably based on one weapon and not much effort put into learning it if the first boss wasn't beaten. "The gameplay is absolutely abysmal, so painfully slow and dull that I couldn’t stop laughing at how broken it was while playing it" is 100% trolling.

That is genuinely what I disliked about the game though. That’s why I love nioh 1 and 2, nier automata, bayonetta and DMC 1 and 3 as much as I do, and it’s why im looking forward to starting the NG games and metal gear rising soon. The combat is more my speed. Soulsborne games are all about that slow, methodical wait and see reaction based thing and that’s not what I like in ARPGs. I like it to be fast twitched, quick and reaction based. 

Devil May Cry 2

Low hanging fruit I guess but this was one of those things where something is hated by many and I think to myself "the hate bandwagon is too strong, it can't be that bad. They're exaggerating." I was wrong.

Theres a bunch of stuff that had me asking why anyone thought it was a good idea to put it in the game A demon helicopter boss fight where you spend a ridiculous amount of time just shooting at it, a enemy from the first game making random appearances who really had no reason to be there, the final boss on Dante's playthrough being a mash up of some bosses from the first game for no reason, etc.

There was this one enemy in Dante's play through that was just a discount Nelo Angelo from the first game that was made to seem important, the guy even got his own little cutscene staring down at the hero from a roof before disappearing. You fight him near the end of the game but nothing ever happens storywise with this character that justifies the mysterious earlier cut scene.

A line from Dante that I can't help but feel was self aware of the whole experience was when he told a boss "Don't speak. Just die."

On 7/17/2021 at 8:05 PM, jackgalligan1 said:

That is genuinely what I disliked about the game though. That’s why I love nioh 1 and 2, nier automata, bayonetta and DMC 1 and 3 as much as I do, and it’s why im looking forward to starting the NG games and metal gear rising soon. The combat is more my speed. Soulsborne games are all about that slow, methodical wait and see reaction based thing and that’s not what I like in ARPGs. I like it to be fast twitched, quick and reaction based. 

You are entitled to hate the game and its gameplay but the phrase "The gameplay is absolutely abysmal, so painfully slow and dull that I couldn’t stop laughing at how broken it was while playing it" is still trolling. It did not happen and you wrote it to provoke reactions. 

• Like 3

I think either I’m easy to please (definitely more so than others) or I’m just good at picking games I’ll like at least a little bit. There’s probably some indie game I grabbed for a cheap price and hated 5 seconds in. 

orc slayer was pretty bad, but that wasn’t unexpected. I still need to finish that game.

On 7/16/2021 at 6:02 PM, RedDevil757 said:

No man's sky. I was sold a lie. Game was garbage. I've zero interest it what it's like now. I wouldn't even touch it or another game from them again. Even if it was free.

You barely played it at all.

1 hour ago, Orenn16 said:

You barely played it at all.

26hours. More than enough to know the game was trash.

I'd be sold a lie. The game was missing most of what they had shown. Maybe it's good now but I really don't give a f. They weren't exactly nice when I asked for a refund. I won't ever believe a word that comes from them or buy another of their games.

It's the only refund I've ever asked for and I've been gaming since the 80s. 

• Like 1

I have a trainwreck mentality at times, sometimes I'll actually play bad games just for shits and giggles. Some examples of the worst PS4 titles I've played are Yorbie, Life of Black Tiger, Hidden, Spectrewoods, Attack of The Toy Tanks, Lizard Lady Vs. The Cats, Superhero-X, Batman Arkham Knight, Deer Simulator, Neverlast, MOP: Operation Cleanup, Troubleshooter, Toro, Inksplosion, Fear of Traffic, Brain Breaker, Pharaonic, Castles, Gladiator: Blades of Fury, Dark Mystery, Eliosi's Hunt, NeverEnd, The Unknown City - Episode 1, Horse Racing, and Little Adventure On The Prairie. 

Edited by Colin_Raleigh

• 3 weeks later...

I rarely play games that don't review well or aren't something I am familiar with. That said, you're always going to run into games you don't like or regret purchasing, as a matter of fact, I made one of those just the other day when I bought Mafia II: Definitive Edition. It's not that it's a truly bad game, it's just that it has very dull and outdated mechanics. There isn't anything interesting going on outside of the story and the presentation just flat-out sucks. After watching a glowingly positive review of it, I thought I could see past some of the flaws that I think the series has always had but it's a game I know that I won't ever pick up again.

There are a few other games that I had a similar experience with like...

Watch Dogs 2

- It definitely had its moments but honestly, I felt it dragged on a bit too long and the last half, I was looking forward to it being over with. It's probably the best game that I didn't enjoy but it certainly comes to mind when I think of the worst experiences I had on PS4.

Mafia 3

- This may come as a surprise since I stated that I wasn't fond of the Mafia series in my opening paragraph, but I was legitimately stoked for Mafia 3 prior to its release. I thought the gunplay, physics, and engine that Hanger 13 built looked really impressive in all of the pre-release footage and previews that they did. The story looked well done, had a purpose, served the game itself well, and even looked to have gotten itself free of the presentation issues that I've always felt the Mafia series struggled with -- and while there were a number of things I liked about Mafia 3 -- ultimately, it's a game that felt like an absolute slog and I can't think of a single game that I would want to replay all the way through any less than Mafia 3.

The Avengers

- While all of the games I've listed to this point have redeemable qualities and I can honestly see some having fond experiences with, The Avengers is not one of those games. I've never seen a game so openly abuse the casual audience with its marketing and with just how the game was developed. Look at the opening level, it's pretty spectacular and definitely captured a lot of attention with its cinematic flair and seamless fluidity switching between each Hero and showcasing their powers. That level probably took ten times longer to develop than the entire remaining portion of the game. Most casual gamers played that opening level and thought, "oh my god! I'm about to play an action-packed, blockbuster Marvel movie except in a game!" Little did they know the rest of the game was completely different. To think that Square thought it a good use of its Montreal studio talents' to work on this piece of crap, when they could've been working on another phenomenal Deus Ex game gets my blood boiling. 

Assassin's Creed: Origins / Odyssey / Valhalla

- I know these games have their backers and I'm not trying to insult them or really anyone else but these games are the worst in today's day and age of gaming, in my opinion. They are a hodgepodge of all the things I hate to see in games. I will admit that Odyssey and Valhalla improved big-time in the story and presentation aspects of it and maybe I just never got far enough for these games to "click" with me, but I find these games to be so dull and drab. I wanted to like Valhalla but it has so much "jank" that I found it impossible. I'd like to give it another go someday but I just never get excited whenever I see a new Assassin's Creed game announced.

Shadow Warrior

- I was so sure that I was going to love this game. It had all the elements that I usually enjoy but all I got out of it was motion sickness. Maybe I'll try giving it another go someday but I really didn't like the "feel" of these games when I played them.  

Dragooned looks like the worst PS4 game on my list if you look at screenshots of it, but I ended up kinda liking it. The answer has to be Dragon Fin Soup. That game singlehandedly broke my ability to get a 100% trophy completion on my account, and subsequently made me not care as much about completing games with online trophies anymore. If there's one thing I hate in games above all else, it's game crashes and broken progression. This game has both, and then some. Advancing the story was a crapshoot due to the randomized nature of the game. Several trophies were broken and unable to be fixed because the original devs kept pointing fingers that their porting company. Game crashed spontaneously, etc. Too bad, because the base idea of the game was actually kind of neat, and was the reason I even started it back when it launched as a free PS+ game. Little did we know the absolute shitshow that lay behind the scenes..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, greenzsaber said:

Dragooned looks like the worst PS4 game on my list if you look at screenshots of it, but I ended up kinda liking it. The answer has to be Dragon Fin Soup. That game singlehandedly broke my ability to get a 100% trophy completion on my account, and subsequently made me not care as much about completing games with online trophies anymore. If there's one thing I hate in games above all else, it's game crashes and broken progression. This game has both, and then some. Advancing the story was a crapshoot due to the randomized nature of the game. Several trophies were broken and unable to be fixed because the original devs kept pointing fingers that their porting company. Game crashed spontaneously, etc. Too bad, because the base idea of the game was actually kind of neat, and was the reason I even started it back when it launched as a free PS+ game. Little did we know the absolute shitshow that lay behind the scenes..

Same, I remember playing it when it was a Plus game and now it sits on my list as a 1%. Shame because it probably COULD have been a pretty good game if it got ANY post-launch support/patches.

On 8/13/2021 at 5:31 PM, greenzsaber said:

I would pick that one if I could have played past the intro. But it crashed on me 8 flippin’ times.

23 hours ago, Knave21 said:

Same, I remember playing it when it was a Plus game and now it sits on my list as a 1%. Shame because it probably COULD have been a pretty good game if it got ANY post-launch support/patches.

That’s too bad. Happily, I never popped a trophy for that pile of feces.

Edited by starcrunch061

With Diablo 2 remastered coming, I've been playing isometric hack and slash dungeon crawling games and I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel when I played Aerea. Do NOT buy it even if its for 2 bucks. Its bugged as heck. I've never seen a buggier game than that steaming pile of crap. 

Van Helsing 2 - not as buggy but hell that was an unfair game. Very painful platinum. 

Lords of the Fallen was also a painful game but it works for the most part. Needed three playthroughs and the room right before the FINAL boss, game decides to corrupt my game file. My first and only experience of something like that. Boy that was painful. I still feel it.   

Assassins Creed III for me. Granted the mechanics for fighting were a lot better and cooler than the Ezio Collection.  But my god how much I just wanted to kill Connor because of how much he just complains about the war. But yet he still helps them. Literally made no sense in my opinion. The story was also a major drag and didn’t even feel like the American Revolution. Just a few key moments and that was it. 

Ezios story was far superior than any other assassins creed game I’ve played so far. 

• Like 1