Worst Game on Ps4 You Ever Played

terminatorx0606

I'mma be honest, I don't think I've had more displeasure playing anything on PS4 than Catlateral Damage. Sure, it functions well and I never did try the VR features, but after about 20 minutes, the appeal went away and I was just left with more repetitive cat-slapping and doing the same bonuses and stages on repeat since the amount of content ain't all that much. I've certainly played objectively worse titles, but Catlateral Damage gave me the least enjoyment.

• Like 1

Batman Arkham Knight for me. I hate it with passion. The only game i regret buying and i fucking bought it TWICE because the PC version was unplayable (so much for second chances). It has it all: awful boss fights (mainly Deathstroke and that running away boss with batmobile), horrible batmobile controls and how often you must use it, shit ton of collectibles, awful side missions (and extremely short and shitty DLC) and the worst target system i have ever seen (seriously, half the time i was punching where i did not mean to).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know I'm going to get much hate for this, but I really don't like NieR: Automata. My reasons for hating this game:

• The pacing is rather slow with it's story and barely gives me any incentive to even care about them in the slightest. 
  • combat has little to no variety with combos with different weapons instead just a simple square and triangle that you can't even mix up with like some of the other Platinum Games 
  • The environments look dead and just the color in general used throughout the game just puts me to sleep (literally went to sleep with some parts of the game like 4 times even when i'm energetic af; this game just sets my mood to shit ASAP
  • Side missions are very meaningless and quite frankly a waste of time doesn't give me any good shit to begin with especially after I've done like 10 of them and the rewards are just trash
  • Not to mention you lose your weapons and items every time you die which is obviously not cool at all when I literally have +3 on some weapons and chips I actually used and since I pulled mistakes on my fights and died, I get absolutely shitted on because of it and get nothing from a some called "learning curve" in the game
  • The difficulty threw me off throughout the whole game was playing on hard which is called normal in the game, and apparently very hard is supposed to be some kind of extreme mode, either this was a mistake by the developers or they're just assholes

These are my reasons fro hating the game; I could go on about the negatives, but those are the ones that just ruin it for me. And if there are people telling me i'm bad at the game or whatever like that, I've done way more skilled based games under uncommon rarities and below and those games have flaws this one in particular is one of my worst games i've played since The Unknown City: Episode 1.

• Like 3

Mafia 3

I never played Mafia 1 or 2, but my friends praised the games and bought me Mafia 3 as a birthday gift.

My birthday is/was one day after the game was released, so it was a new full price game I had high expectations for.

And I never felt so disappointed after the first 5h of a game than I did with that game

• The rain graphics glitched every single time it rained, with people looking weird and neon colors everywhere.
  • The story wasn't fun
  • Giant story holes even a toddler could figure out
    Spoiler

I'll never forget the mission in the boxing hall. The bad guy soaked you in fuel and you're just shooting your way out of a BURNING building.

• The effects when you arrived at a mission point at the wrong time was weird and broke my immersion every time
  • Concrete plants you can't drive trough
  • Flying cars who flooded a few inches over the ground, but you couldn't get in
  • The missing option to customise Franklin (was added in later iirc)

Then I came back to the game after a few years to clean up the missing trophies and DLCs to delete it from my console.

And nothing changed, the game still had bugs every other mission for me, sounds cutting out and things like that and then a trophy didn't unlock when it should have and I had to do a third playtrough instead of two (probably I made the mistake somewhere down the line, but I couldn't tell you where if my life would depend on it)

So maybe it's my fault for having high expectations for a series I never played, but I was hoping for more from a new full price game with a pretty solid advertising.

@MarioMan200, an interesting take to be sure, but please tell me you at least finished the story before coming to this conclusion? The story was fantastic IMO as you get closer to the end. I feel like route B was redundant, so I can see what you are saying about how the story is told if that's what you are referring to.

I actually really enjoyed some of the side missions as many of them add to the lore of the game. I still get chills talking about the side mission where you have to keep finding an unresponsive robot and hacking him. I also loved the Romeo and Juliet side mission at the amusement park. I do agree though that some of them are boring tasks.

I didn't like the dark souls mechanic either and felt it was unecessary, but I also died 2-3 times the whole way on normal, but I had a very defensive set. I felt it was unecessary because as you mentioned, there's not much of a learning curve, you die from being careless.

I liked the environments and them being dead is kind of the point. Lol. It portrays that the world is on their last legs, and I'm sure that's what they're going for.

Anyways, I respect your opinion. The game is not for everyone. For me, it's a top 5 PS4 game.

Just now, JayDeLosDioses said:

Mafia 3

Yeah a huge disappointment that. It was such a huge step backwards from the second game. The city reacted to you and it felt like it was alive. Compare that to Mafia 3 and it felt empty and didn't react the same at all. Mafia 2 is fantastic so don't let the third game put you off the series.

• Like 1

I haven’t played many bad games in my opinion, but Saints Row: Gat out of Hell. I know it’s not a stand-alone game and a decent chunk of people liked it, but I thought it was awful, especially compared to the traditional Saints Row games. That said, I only played it for about an hour and a half before becoming bored and fed up. 

On 10/30/2019 at 8:39 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

For me, Looking back through my list I’d have to say LA Cops.

a truly woeful rip off of Hotline Miami, but with none of the charm, style, wit, playability, control or fun.

Horrible.

this is a great call out. It’s an easy platinum that I couldn’t even pull myself to finish because it’s so poorly done. 

• Like 1

Where do I start?

Orc Slayer, shite

Eekeemoo, more shite and unfortunately my 200th platinum

Attack of the Toy Tanks, shite with even shittier controls

Battlefield 1, trench warfare for fun...are they for fucking real?!

Assassin's Creed Origins, RPG bollocks that fucked up the series but the fanboys have sucked it up so no chance of it returning to what it once was

Homefront Revolution, omfg had to turn it off it was so shit

Uncharted 4, Sam Drake more cinematics than I could count, stupid trophies...but it's nice to look at and it IS Uncharted!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@MarioMan200, an interesting take to be sure, but please tell me you at least finished the story before coming to this conclusion? The story was fantastic IMO as you get closer to the end. I feel like route B was redundant, so I can see what you are saying about how the story is told if that's what you are referring to.

I actually really enjoyed some of the side missions as many of them add to the lore of the game. I still get chills talking about the side mission where you have to keep finding an unresponsive robot and hacking him. I also loved the Romeo and Juliet side mission at the amusement park. I do agree though that some of them are boring tasks.

I didn't like the dark souls mechanic either and felt it was unecessary, but I also died 2-3 times the whole way on normal, but I had a very defensive set. I felt it was unecessary because as you mentioned, there's not much of a learning curve, you die from being careless.

I liked the environments and them being dead is kind of the point. Lol. It portrays that the world is on their last legs, and I'm sure that's what they're going for.

Anyways, I respect your opinion. The game is not for everyone. For me, it's a top 5 PS4 game.

Yes, I have seen this game from it's conclusion since my brother played through the whole game. I so far am almost done with route C, and have yet yet to even continue the game since September because I am the part where your supposed to go to the tower where the destroyed building near the ocean are (forgot what they were called; it's been 2 months since I played. And the story for me hasn't really build mainly cause of route B being a waste of time; I know what's happening so far and trust me when I know when a story is building up when the characters do moments that we memorable and made me care and this game imo has none of that. The characters are machines and they can literally die with no consequence (i mean take out the DS stuff and were cool) until later in the game where yorha gets a virus and their base is taken over. 

3 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Really?

That's the best game I've played on PS4!

Do not take this the wrong way, but.. questioning someone else's feelings towards a game is odd coming from you when you dislike a lot of popular games. Look, though, I agree with some of your dislikes towards those games, because a good deal of them are in fact overrated.

I also agree with that but partially. Can't say it's the best game I've played this gen, but it is one of the greatest I've played this gen, especially in its genre, whether this gen or of all time. 

Edited by EcoShifter

I’d have to go with FFXV. Just an atrocious bit of story telling. Nothing interesting about the combat and a lazily constructed world.

Ive seen a couple people say Alien Isolation and The Witcher 3. I could see AI being frustrating if you start out on hard mode. And the Witcher did take a few hours to get into and gett over the just okay sword combat. But after than it was one of the most and engrossing and flawlessly crafted video game experiences I’ve had in 30 years of playing games. Same with AI. Just want to know what games you’ve been playing that result in either of these games being the worst you’ve played this gen. 

• Like 3