Worst Game on Ps4 You Ever Played

terminatorx0606

1 hour ago, Sifferino said:

You are not wrong, that was exactly my reasoning as well. I only picked it up because it was dirt cheap. Still couldn’t bother putting the disc in for many months. 

Then one boring day I did and... I really, really enjoyed it. Totally unexpected. So yeah, you might be surprised as I was. 

(Then) Technically he is wrong. Far Cry series isn't defined by its gun-play, and while bows aren't the focus in the Far Cry series, Primal's predecessors do indeed have them and they are generally fun to use throughout, even when restricting yourself to only using that over firearms for a set period of time. Plus, there are different tiers of bows (and other weapons) in Primal, and they're great.

It's a great enough game and unique direction in the series from the mostly samey modern theme.

Edited by EcoShifter

Orc Slayer without question. Can't believe I bothered with the Platinum especially with that final boss which took a fucking eternity to kill.

I'll list some other ones that I just dislike though:

Doki Doki Universe I wouldn't call the worst but the constant crashes on all versions of the game really gave me the shits.

Dungeon Punks and Pumped BMX I think I spent maybe seconds playing before going nup, this is shit

Burly Men At Sea I would barely class as a game

Team Sonic Racing was a crushing disappointment compared to the previous games. I have no idea what they were thinking with some of those mechanics. Wanted something to tide me over before CTR came out and holy shit never again. Dropped it hard when the latter came out.

Stories Path of Destinies got mind numbing going for the plat but the game itself isn't bad.

Adventure Capitalist isn't even a game at all

Kingdom Hearts 3 was disappointing compared to the previous games

My second attempt at Dead Island Riptide was on PS4 and the game saw fit to do everything it could to make me hate it with the myriad glitches on display

Couldn't get into Iconoclasts.

Knack obviously. That Platinum nearly destroyed me. The second game is actually pretty good though.

Spyro 3 Reignited was a buggy mess and I actually did bother to 100% it outside of the Plat as well. It was outsourced and you can tell.

Onrush was a complete chore to play and I'm not surprised it flopped with that pricing.

Ginger Beyond The Crystal is pretty shit. I think I gave up after a required bonus level had some of the worst clipping issues imaginable which kept killing me.

Flynn and Freckles is a poor excuse for a 3D platformer with some of the most broken and stiff controls imaginable.

Really did not care for Siren/Forbidden Siren (I know it's a PS2 game but I'm counting it). Those controls really did not endear me to it. It's just needlessly complicated even by the standards of survival horror. Seems like I'm not the only one to be put off by this considering the drop off of earned trophies after the first one you get at the start (which even then has only a 77% earn rate).

Obliteracers is pretty garbage

Rock Band 4 is a buggy, avaricious insult to the series. Even playing it recently I had crashing and screen tearing issues. Can't believe they had the gall to charge out the arse for it.

Didn't care for Teslagrad and how punishing its boss fights are. Yes I know you don't have to finish it and the completion rate is high but it was just extremely annoying.

Arc the Lad; Twilight of the Spirits is dull as all shit and slow as molasses.

Half of Killing Floor 2 wasn't even functional for me as the VS mode just kept crashing every time I tried to play it.

Momonga Pinball Adventures is insultingly short and low budget even for the price. It's my own fault for not doing my research there as its right on the store page.

Dead Rising's survivor AI really shit me up the wall and quickly put me off. I don't recall any of the later games having this issue.

Aqua Moto Racing Utopia almost melted my PS4 and constantly crashed. Really should have got a refund for this but it's probably too late now. That I think is the second worst. Companies need to be held accountable for their shit games borderline causing hardware damage.

Coffin Dodgers obviously

Indigo Prophecy is laughably awful (again PS2 I know) and I have no idea how David Cage continues to get work.

Did not like Uncharted 2 at all and the Uncharted series in general. Exceptionally boring third person shooters. I think I also stopped playing The Last of Us after like an hour I was that bored. Naughty Dog just don't care about making fun games anymore it seems

Primal Carnage Extinction I wanted to like so much but it's just shit

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition is a buggy mess compared to the previous gen versions. I do not recommend it aside from it making one requirement slightly easier.

The Ratchet and Clank remake I was disappointed with but if you haven't played the other games it isn't bad by any means. It just pales in comparison to the older ones for a number of reasons.

The Witch and The Hundred Knight is just flat out bad.

Nubla obviously. It's less of a game and more of an art exhibition.

Unravel is also a chore to play and I didn't get very far in it.

I was disappointed with Dark Chronicle compared to the first game due to a lot of performance and interface issues.

And that's everything I can remember not liking after scrolling through my PS4 list once again.

• Like 1

Well,

Slime Rancher, because I've discovered that by chilling game I mean simple gameplay, but some challenge and an overwhelming atmoshpere, like with Spyro or Medievil. Just. Not. Farming. This game has poor optimisation, too buried story, annoying mechanics (map/teleport system...) and no. Goal. At. All. Will strive just to Platinum that misunderstanding.

Lords of the Fallen, because it's just dull and has like no distinctive features.

Gat out of Hell, because Saints Row IV without humour, any kind of wit and washed out mechanics equals uninspired piece od garbate.

AC: Odyssey

Oooooh, this is the moment. We are entering the dimension of easyworking and bloated companies, which have to produce the same tyle od games, because it's protecting them from sacking off half of their employees. Who demolish their brands by poor decisions (Prince of Persia with Epilogue DLC and The Forgotten Sands, about which I could make whole article, because it is not just a disaster, but the speedkill with undoubted and suspicious precision on the whole franchise). Who put some easter eggs, 'cause they "remember", in the most excruciating way ever (swords from PoP, especially Dagger of Time, as some poor rewards with disappointing attributes and

copied out fight with the Twins, buried by tedious fight system and the fact that I REMEMBER, how fair, but tough it was in The Two Thrones, instead od some sponges rights here

, in the DLC.

Who can't invest in decent writing or voice acting (Alexios!!!). Who copy-paste missions and implement unnecessary RPG elements to lengthen the game. Who parasite on the original Ezio's trilogy without understanding its' magic. Who bury the potential of Atlantis and the background of Ancient Ones with fetchquests with no plot at all. Who introduce microtransactions and "expand" the game FOR WHOLE YEAR, which wastes your time, disk space, money and as trophy hunter, for me, patience. Who make good animations and throw it away on cutscenes, why. Who destroyed the hidden blade and it's potential, both in game and in culture. Who wasted any changes in Origins and bloated them into quasiRPG mess with walking healthbars instead of enemies. Who messed up horse-riding and simplified ships, because money, it has to be longer, not better. Multiply by 90+ hours.

I despise it.

Shanky: The Vegan's Nightmare. Dear god...

Controls that only work maybe some of the time and level design like someone had heard about platformers but had never actually played one for reference. You will constantly be hit by things that are just coming into view, and whoever thought a platformer would be good if the jump was replaced with hover should seriously reconsider their role in the video game industry. In short, don't bother, it'll be better that way.

How has no one called out Everybody's Gone To The Rapture yet? I had it when I was still Icebrand1270 (I've only been OohYeah127 since 2017) and could have gotten it via PS+ if I had waited 3 months. I get that it looks good but it's living proof that graphics do not guarantee a good game.

Pretty as a painting... and you move as slow as if you are carrying a large oil painting under each arm and are afraid to drop it. The Platinum Trophy may be named This Pattern Is Mine but the game should be called This Pattern Is Slow. And the opera music... maddening!

• Like 2

I've actually been having a lot of fun on my PS4, so the worst game I've ever played on it will have to be the only one I didn't like: Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.

I have absolutely no idea what happened to the Lego games. They were absolutely brilliant back when they first started and now they seem to be the antithesis of everything they stood for.

Energy Invasion, garbage.

1 hour ago, Icebrand1270 said:

How has no one called out Everybody's Gone To The Rapture yet? I had it when I was still Icebrand1270 (I've only been OohYeah127 since 2017) and could have gotten it via PS+ if I had waited 3 months. I get that it looks good but it's living proof that graphics do not guarantee a good game.

Pretty as a painting... and you move as slow as if you are carrying a large oil painting under each arm and are afraid to drop it. The Platinum Trophy may be named This Pattern Is Mine but the game should be called This Pattern Is Slow. And the opera music... maddening!

How can it be the worst game when it's not a game? ;p

I wouldn't even say it's pretty. It's technically good graphics, but artistically it's dull. Other than how the rain looked it was just boring to look at. I might have worked in VR. Maybe. That would have offset the lack of gameplay since you'd be more immersed in the world and the way the story is told would've been more impressive in VR with all the particle effects whirling around. But it wasn't, so it's just... that

10 second ninja

Adventure cap

Alienation

Apb reloaded

Armello

Bridge contructor

Bubsy

Clockwork tales

Coffin dodgers

Infinte warfare

Nubla

Orc slayer

Prey

Thats u

Elder scrolls online

Thief

This war of mine

We happy few

Yooka yaylee

Order 1866

Edited by Thephoenixshow

For me it's;

-  Bound By Flame (bought day one. Thought it looked fun but turns out it wasn't for me and despised it)

- ARK (Game would be good if it actually ran smooth... it runs like garbage.. even on PC [learned this later on])

- Conan (Also a game I could like playing COOP with a friend but it runs like shit. Ruins the entire experience.)

- 7 Days To Die.. do i even need to say why?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

Well this has been enlightening. After looking at every post I think you've covered pretty much every game, including the highest scoring AAA games and highly praised indie titles.

So pretty much every game is shit.

Seen a few mention Mad Max, man i love that game, one of the best game's I've played this gen. 

• Like 3

On 11/4/2019 at 10:47 AM, FawltyPowers said:

Well this has been enlightening. After looking at every post I think you've covered pretty much every game, including the highest scoring AAA games and highly praised indie titles.

So pretty much every game is shit.

That's inevitable when the topic is centered around personal preference. Doesn't matter how good a game is objectively if some one just doesn't like it personally.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:54 AM, GUDGER666 said:

Seen a few mention Mad Max, man i love that game, one of the best game's I've played this gen. 

Same. Easily in my top 10 new games, if not AAA ones, this generation. I thought the wasteland themed RAGE game (which very interestingly enough Mad Max developers had no involvement in, unlike the sequel) was good, but Mad Max is on another level, and it's the studio's first AAA game outside the Just Cause series, which is really cool. 

Edited by EcoShifter

Dark Mystery was pretty hot garbage. A terrible platformer with terrible controls, next to no story, characters that are literally just black blobs, and animations so bad that when the character's only idle animation is to blink, it can't even do *that* right. It doesn't close its eyes all the way. Thank god it was only like 70 cents. Didn't even have a platinum.

If we want to go AAA, I really hate The Evil Within. I know people love it or whatever, but I've just had terrible experience after terrible experience with that game. Never even gotten past the farm level because it's so shit, and I've tried plenty of times. Maybe I just don't get it.

On 10/31/2019 at 4:25 PM, Mikku_teh_Perfid said:

Crash Dummy, Drowning, Little Adventure on the Prairie. These games shouldn't even be available to buy on PS Store. Absolutely broken, terrible, ugly and just wrong :/

Agree with this one.

I bought it on the sales that are going on for $3. Thought it looked like a halfway decent platformer but it was awful. 

No menu/options, jumping is broken, the levels feel like a drag in the second half of the game, combat is a chore, stealth is useless outside of getting past searchlights, lives/continues are basically pointless since you can start off on the exact same spot where you died but maybe that's a good thing since gameplay feels broken. I only finished it for the plat to be honest. 

I feel bad for anyone who bought this at full price. 

• Like 1

Akiba's Beat; nothing else even comes close. I know it's not meant to be be a sequel to Akiba's Trip 2, but I can't help but compare them. Akiba's Beat is like the complete opposite of Akiba's Trip in the worst ways possible. Beat is painfully long, full of filler nonsense and backtracking, has dull combat that plays like an outdated Tales game, and the same five enemies are just recycled throughout the game. The only postive thing I can think of is that the characters are okay, I guess.

• Like 1