Bugged “ Capture the Moments”

Van86

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Just had the flying balloon moment glitch on me. Same issue, the symbol disapeared, my genies react to the painting and float away for a moment, but the actual moment doesn't register. Last thing needed for the platinum, sucks.

Edit: Well, i tried multiple things and nothing worked. Had to play through the game one more time to complete the journal. Got the plat though.

Edited by TwistedHunter
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Facing the same issue. I went through and wrote down all of the locations and then cross-checked them against my journal. I'm missing "Flying up with a balloon" in the journal but when I return to the location, the symbol is not there and I know I completed it. Do I really have to re-do everything or has someone found a way to fix this? ;_;)

EDIT: I closed the game and restarted the application. When I loaded in the symbol was there but when the genie came over it disappeared.

Edited by Annoyingtiger888
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Facing the same issue. I went through and wrote down all of the locations and then cross-checked them against my journal. I'm missing "Flying up with a balloon" in the journal but when I return to the location, the symbol is not there and I know I completed it. Do I really have to re-do everything or has someone found a way to fix this? ;_;)

EDIT: I closed the game and restarted the application. When I loaded in the symbol was there but when the genie came over it disappeared.

Same thing happened to me. I tried going up and down the elevator so the area would load again. Everytime it loaded the symbol respawned, but as soon as the genies got close, it disappeared.

• Like 1

I’ve communicated briefly with the developer on Twitter. They’re aware of the issue but can’t reproduce it or fix it. I’ve left the game installed for months and months hoping for a fix. For me, the Chasing Butterflies moment disappears when a genie gets close or passes over it. 

it seems like something that would be easy to resolve even without knowing the cause. And I say that as a programmer myself. But until then, the only fix seems to be starting a whole new game (at the risk of the same bug happening again). 

I’ve tried everything short of that. I loaded an old save backup if I remember right, and played a big chunk of the game over. I tried resetting genie designs. I tried going around removing graffiti. I tried exiting and returning to the area. I tried deleting and reinstalling. I’ve tried for hours over many months and nothing works. 

the only trophy I need for the platinum I earned. 

• Like 1

I can't get the "Capture the Moments" trophy because all of my genies are stuck outside of the map in the Waterway. This game is a buggy mess.

edit: Reinstalled the game and finally managed to get 1 genie to reenter the map through the elevator wall. The rest are still far outside the map boundaries. Got the platinum.

Edited by Sn1per666999

I had a small glitch with the "Moments"... on the map, it showed every zone as totally completed, but I didn't have the trophy. Looking at the journal, I only had 19/20. I had to look at a guide to figure out which one was missing. Luckily, when I got there, the drawing was still there and I was able to complete it normally and got the trophy.

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Perhaps its best to clear every area first time, its seems its revisits that can mess things up

You CAN 100% areas on 1st visits btw, landscapes needed for moments are always in the immediate area somewhere

I can? I thought every trophy guide claimed that I needed to finish the story first before going for collectibles. The first area is The Lighthouse, can I 100% it before moving on to other areas? :hmm:

20 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I can? I thought every trophy guide claimed that I needed to finish the story first before going for collectibles. The first area is The Lighthouse, can I 100% it before moving on to other areas? :hmm:

Ah sorry, Lighthouse is the only 1, but u are forced to leave anyway before everything opens up.

When u choose continue after completion, u spawn at the lighthouse iirc, then u do that! 

I dunno why every Trophy Guide states that, the 1 here doesnt dont think??

U can get every single collectible 1st pass, but Lighthouse u do after completion, thats what Trophy Guides should be advising, otherwise u are spending an extra hour or so

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

I've just got the plat, and I'm glad this trophy did not glitch on me. What I did was I intentionally left all Genie Moments and Billboards until after I completed the story. I got some Pages on my way through the story, though.

After completing the story, I tried to get 100% in each area first before moving on to another area. I started from The Fishing Port, then The Hydroelectric Plant, The Waterways, and finally The Lighthouse. I manual-saved after each Genie Moment.

FYI, I played on a standard PS4.

• Like 2

I was hoping this was a false alarm ?. Unfortunately, I've been hit with the glitch as well. I figured I didn't need to read up on a guide which I'm now starting to regret. I'm guessing there aren't any workarounds for the disappearing sketches, right?

• Like 1

Genie Moments glitched on me too, but I was still able to get the trophy (and the plat) without replaying the whole game. When I completed the first Genie Moment that didn't actually register, I quit straight to the PS4 dashboard and rebooted. This was only a problem in Fishing Port - one Genie Moment took several reboots before it finally registered, and for another one, I had to load the Lighthouse level and go back to Fishing Port before it would unlock in the journal. After Fishing Port, all Genie Moments unlocked as normal.

I doubt this will work if you do a genie moment that doesn't register and then save, but if you have a clean save file, then it's definitely possible to mop up all Genie Moments in post-game. Just be prepared to reload. Maybe back-up your clean save, too. 

Edited by TheArcadeKid
  • Like 1

On 09/02/2021 at 5:41 AM, Sn1per666999 said:

I can't get the "Capture the Moments" trophy because all of my genies are stuck outside of the map in the Waterway. This game is a buggy mess.

edit: Reinstalled the game and finally managed to get 1 genie to reenter the map through the elevator wall. The rest are still far outside the map boundaries. Got the platinum.

Holy shit, this is tragically comical. I'm gonna do this trophy tomorrow and hope this doesn't glitch on me.