HummelsSmythe

PS4 Controller on PS3 issue

5 posts in this topic

Hello, guys, I have my PS3 still connected both because I have trophies that I still have to take and because there's some Ps3 games I love that didn't get a port. Now, as of today, I turned it on after a while, and I tried to connected the PS4 via USB like I always did. Now it's working on the main menu and the game disk (Final Fantasy XIII-2 currently) but I tried playing Jak II and something really weird happens. Only the direction pad works. As in I can scroll the main menu but can't press X to load the game. It's really weird, does anyone know how to help me?

PS: please forgive me if this is the wrong session to post this topic.

Do you mean you are using your PS4 controller with your PS3? Only certain games are compatible, so that could be the reason why. Similar to your case, if you try and play Bayonetta on the PS3 with a DualShock 4, the L2/R2 triggers won’t work for whatever reason.

1 minute ago, GraniteSnake said:

Do you mean you are using your PS4 controller with your PS3? Only certain games are compatible, so that could be the reason why. Similar to your case, if you try and play Bayonetta on the PS3 with a DualShock 4, the L2/R2 triggers won’t work for whatever reason.

Yes, I am, oh God, thank you, I had no idea. I have a PS3 controller still but when it's charging, it freaks out and moves on its own command; which it doesn't when it's charged and unplugged. I guess I'll try buying a new PS3 cable to see if that's the issue!

1 minute ago, LunaticCalm01 said:

Yup, it's not there, thank you for clearing this out!

On 10/29/2019 at 11:18 AM, GraniteSnake said:

I found that if you connect a DS3 controller first (P1) then a DS4 controller (P2), then switch them with player 1 holding the XMB button, it fixes that issue for some games, bayonetta included.