Hecu93

Local co-op trophy problem

7 posts in this topic

Hey. Today I tried to play the game on duo mode with a friend but for some reason he was not getting any trophies at all. He was logged in on his account as the second player and I was 1st so we have no idea whats causing this problem. We tried everything from him being the 1st player etc but no luck. Any idea what to do cause we'd really love to play the game through together and rack up some coop trophies. Thanks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guides say that you need to start a new game on Duo mode to get the co-op trophies, I am not sure if that applies to all trophies for the second player. Did you start a new game or did you chapter select?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, audiopile said:

The guides say that you need to start a new game on Duo mode to get the co-op trophies, I am not sure if that applies to all trophies for the second player. Did you start a new game or did you chapter select?

Yeah I installed the game today for the first time just so we could play it together at my place. No previous saves or anything and we tried to start a new game multiple times with mixed and standard storymode with no luck. Im the only one getting the trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hecu93 said:

Yeah I installed the game today for the first time just so we could play it together at my place. No previous saves or anything and we tried to start a new game multiple times with mixed and standard storymode with no luck. Im the only one getting the trophies.

Well thats a bummer.  Did you search the internets to see if the 2nd player is supposed to get trophies?  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, audiopile said:

Well thats a bummer.  Did you search the internets to see if the 2nd player is supposed to get trophies?  

Yes at first I thought that this is just the way it is but later I read some other topics of players having local sessions from the same coach and talking about friends getting same trophies as the host so it's kind of weird...honestly I dont know what to do but we'll keep trying to get it to work. If we figure it out ill update this topic for the solution in case none has come up.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hecu93 said:

Yes at first I thought that this is just the way it is but later I read some other topics of players having local sessions from the same coach and talking about friends getting same trophies as the host so it's kind of weird...honestly I dont know what to do but we'll keep trying to get it to work. If we figure it out ill update this topic for the solution in case none has come up.

i just looked at the other gaming site forum. i think you are SOL.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/beyond-two-souls/213613-duo-mode-can-2nd-player-earn-trophies.html

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to go out on a wild guess here.

 

The original Duo Mode required the second player to download the mobile application and play with the person on the home console so the coding for the trophies to pop on the PS3 was for the person logged into the PS3.

 

So if they ported this game its likely the same code has been used meaning if both people want the trophy two play throughs would be required as the person that needs the trophy to be hosting on their PS4. 

 

just my two cents 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.