WreckItRob1990

WHY 36?

11 posts in this topic

More of a rant than topic but a warning there's two really stupid grindy trophies which are painful.

1. Decathlon Champion. They want us to play the worst and basically broken controls 10 mini games in a row 36 TIMES this will take sooooo many hours. These mini games really suck btw if you played monkeyball 1 and 2 you would of thought they be good but nah they control like crap and are just boring. 

2.life in the fast lane. Why do they want us to play time trail 36 times they basically want us to play casual time trail 34 times basically WHY? Who would come up with these trophies. 

I so regret buying this game should of listened to the reviews saying it's no where near as good as the originals.

Edited by gamerrob25
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are really tedious and annoying... thankfully I bought the game just cause I wanted to play SMB which I haven't played in about 17 or so years, I'm still having fun but yeah, shame some of the trophies blow and can't see me really going for plat, maybe over a long period of time I might come back and do a few or whatever, shame really.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sad that they decided to remaster this instead of SMB 1 and 2. I loved those two games to death and SMB 2 is the only Gamecube game I still fire up occasionally. If they added SMB 2 or even SMB Deluxe, I'd play it on my tag even if it ruins my 100% completion. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave up already... Love monkeyball but I can't stand these boss fights. Unless there's a trick to the third boss I'm not getting past it

 

Game looks and sounds great though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I gave up already... Love monkeyball but I can't stand these boss fights. Unless there's a trick to the third boss I'm not getting past it

 

Game looks and sounds great though.

Lmao. If it's any consolation the world 10 boss is just like "fuck you" and depending on rng of the balls he fires out, if they hit you then you just go flying off the map. If it weren't for him I'd have already got the 10 champion medals from the "main game"... so bloody frustrating.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RehTehTeh said:

Lmao. If it's any consolation the world 10 boss is just like "fuck you" and depending on rng of the balls he fires out, if they hit you then you just go flying off the map. If it weren't for him I'd have already got the 10 champion medals from the "main game"... so bloody frustrating.

That blows... I don't know what they were thinking when they thought to add bosses at the end of worlds. I struggled with the 2nd one even. Fly past the courses easily but when bosses are in play, just fuck you.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I gave up already... Love monkeyball but I can't stand these boss fights. Unless there's a trick to the third boss I'm not getting past it

 

Game looks and sounds great though.

I'm not the only one that struggles alot on the bosses. Monkey Ball and bosses just don't mix. Don't know how I'm going to get the champion medal on some of these not because of the levels just the bosses 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gamerrob25 said:

I'm not the only one that struggles alot on the bosses. Monkey Ball and bosses just don't mix. Don't know how I'm going to get the champion medal on some of these not because of the levels just the bosses 

Exactly! That's my thought. The game mechanics make literally no sense for boss fights. I knew they were in the game but didn't imagine they'd be this bad. Main reason is basically one hit and you're gone. Any boss fight where one hit kills you is a bad boss.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm only missing the 36 decathalon runs and the game is glitched I've done it 50 times now and still no trophy im starting to freak out and theres not much forums about this game so I can't find if someone else has had this problem

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg that’s awful since that’s worst/most annoying trophy on this game. 
 

The only solution I can think of is to delete all saved data and restart from scratch (I know this is unwanted as I would definitely not want to grind through another 36 decathlons). But seeing as how you are already up to 50 completed, you seem dedicated enough to restart and if hasn’t popped by 50, it probably won’t pop on that save (my opinion)
 

Here’s to hoping it gets resolved another way other than that. Cheers mate. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/11/2019 at 2:07 AM, gamerrob25 said:

I'm not the only one that struggles alot on the bosses. Monkey Ball and bosses just don't mix. Don't know how I'm going to get the champion medal on some of these not because of the levels just the bosses 

Got to admit though the world 4 boss was great fun, if they made all the bosses like levels it'd be 100% better

On 01/11/2019 at 4:13 AM, aZombieDictator said:

Exactly! That's my thought. The game mechanics make literally no sense for boss fights. I knew they were in the game but didn't imagine they'd be this bad. Main reason is basically one hit and you're gone. Any boss fight where one hit kills you is a bad boss.

I want to agree but I've played too many Souls games on NG++ 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.