Possible silent server shutdown?

POEman553

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You are right and wrong with that statement. The new Characters were indeed patched in for free and made available to everyone but the Operations are premium DLCs that come with the Season Pass, though the only way to get it now is to buy or grind out the approx 2,800 Platinum it costs to buy the Season Pass Bundle from the in-game store.

Season pass is 4200, so you can either grind or buy 3 platinum micro transactions which comes to £24 over here. Not sure about US. Alternatively you can buy the season pass from amazon digitally which is way cheaper than spending money on platinum.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battleborn-Season-Pass-PS4-Code/dp/B01E9F84FO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=battleborn+ps4+season+pass&qid=1572892335&sr=8-1

38 minutes ago, Darkette said:

Season pass is 4200, so you can either grind or buy 3 platinum micro transactions which comes to £24 over here. Not sure about US. Alternatively you can buy the season pass from amazon digitally which is way cheaper than spending money on platinum.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battleborn-Season-Pass-PS4-Code/dp/B01E9F84FO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=battleborn+ps4+season+pass&qid=1572892335&sr=8-1

It just goes to show how long it has been, since I last looked up the in-game price of the Season Pass so thank you for the update :). Also, I didn't know Amazon UK sold the Season Pass for this game.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KILLERMACHINE666 said:

Thank for reply how long take grind any idea?

To grind enough Platinum for the Season Pass? Many months.

The only way to gain it is Daily Challenges. You’re only given one Challenge per day, and you can only stack 3 at a time. So you’d need to log in at least every three days to complete the Challenges.

And the actual rewards are tiny. IIRC most give 4 or 10 Platinum, but some rarer ones give 32. 

EDIT: See the post below this one for more accurate details

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kristycism said:

To grind enough Platinum for the Season Pass? Many months.

The only way to gain it is Daily Challenges. You’re only given one Challenge per day, and you can only stack 3 at a time. So you’d need to log in at least every three days to complete the Challenges.

And the actual rewards are tiny. IIRC most give 10 Platinum, but some rarer ones give 32. 

I've been grinding platinum since January, 2019. I've worked out that I will be done with the grind by March, 2020. It takes 1 year and 3 months to get the DLC completely free. How the daily challenges work is they give you 4 platinum every day, 10 platinum once a week and 32 platinum once a fortnight.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, LittleBlueMacaw said:

Whelp... I'm getting issues retrieving game data after a match. Happened to ALL my matches.

Just when I was about to hunt the trophies full-time for this game, this happens... ;__;

Whelp... I'm getting issues retrieving game data after a match. Happened to ALL my matches.

Just when I was about to hunt the trophies full-time for this game, this happens... ;__;

File a support request with Gearbox and tell them what's going on.

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

Yikes, I need to move this up and do it sooner. Are the servers relatively stable and do I need to own/unlock the DLC to be able to play it?

1: When the servers work and aren't farting around like they have been lately, they work great.

2: Yes, you have to buy the DLC bundle from the in-game store in order to play the Operations but the extra characters were patched in for free. To buy the DLC bundle, you have to purchase 4,200 Platinum from the PS Store. You can earn Platinum in-game but since the servers are closing in 14 months, you won't have anywhere near enough time to grind it out.