EA Cancels NBA Live 2020, No Return Estimated

Tearraven

I'm still confused as to why 2K games hasn't made a deal with the NBA to be the only publisher that can distribute basketball games under their brand yet. When I think of basketball games I think of NBA 2K before anything else.

Like it or not Take-Two Interactive has more brand recognition than EA Sports in this situation. The same can be said with FIFA winning over Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer franchise.

2 hours ago, PepsiMaxVanilla said:

I'm still confused as to why 2K games hasn't made a deal with the NBA to be the only publisher that can distribute basketball games under their brand yet. When I think of basketball games I think of NBA 2K before anything else.

Like it or not Take-Two Interactive has more brand recognition than EA Sports in this situation. The same can be said with FIFA winning over Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer franchise.

You answered your own question, no? Why would they need to when they don't even have any real competition?

Odd that EA pays for that license and can’t figure out a way to use it.

I bought NBA Live 19 for $6 but never started it because I got too engrossed with NBA 2K.  Hope the online trophies stay obtainable for Live 19 in light on this recent news.