Suggestions for 100th platinum!

Jiano_Vera

Which game deserves to be the 100th platinum?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What game deserves to be the 100th platinum?

• Demon's Souls
    • Dragon Ball FighterZ
    • Persona 5
    • Super Meat Boy
    • The Last of Us Part II
    • Other - Comment Below What You Would Have As Your 100th!

Hey beautiful trophy hunters!

I'm nearing my 100th platinum, only took me 10 years ?, and I'm wondering what I should have as my 100th. Granted, I know The Last of Us Part II isn't out yet, but I'm undecided if I should go for something sentimental (Uncharted was my 1st plat, so it seemed fitting to have a Naughty Dog game as my 100) or something challenging (Super Meat Boy). So I'm curious what you all think. Any and all input is greatly appreciated ?

Edited by JIVe_____

6 minutes ago, JIVe_____ said:

Hey beautiful trophy hunters!

I'm nearing my 100th platinum, only took me 10 years 1f602.png, and I'm wondering what I should have as my 100th. Granted, I know The Last of Us Part II isn't out yet, but I'm undecided if I should go for something sentimental (Uncharted was my 1st plat, so it seemed fitting to have a Naughty Dog game as my 100) or something challenging (Super Meat Boy). So I'm curious what you all think. Any and all input is greatly appreciated 1f600.png

Don't play something you don't like just for a milestone. You have no souls game on your list - bloodborne only so why go for demon souls. Super meat boy shouldn't be there either if you do it for the milestone only. I would vote for metal gear, far cry to since it's fitting in your game series or persona 5 because you maybe like it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

Don't play something you don't like just for a milestone. You have no souls game on your list - bloodborne only so why go for demon souls. Super meat boy shouldn't be there either if you do it for the milestone only. I would vote for metal gear, far cry to since it's fitting in your game series or persona 5 because you maybe like it

I wouldn't have chosen these games if I knew I wouldn't like them. I loved Bloodborne! It was my first Souls game, and I didn't want to start Dark Souls without playing Demon's Souls. Super Meat Boy is there because I love challenging myself and I grew up on platformers! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

I'm pretty sure Bloodborne isn't actually technically a souls game. It's a standalone title.

I voted for Demon's Souls :) Unfortunately I couldn't play it yet, have been waiting for a remaster... But I think it would be a great fit for the milestone! The very first installment of a very influencial series. 

Personally I didn't enjoy Persona 5 past the first 40 or so hours, it was just not my cup of tea and just went on and on and on... And Super Meat Boy will hopefully be displayed in your Trophy Cabinet and will also be part of the "Rarest Trophies" section anyways :D No need to have it displayed a third time as a milestone as well. 

(And don't call me a hypocrite... I know I have SMB three times on my profile ?)

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

I voted for Super Meat Boy because I am a sadistic jerk who enjoys seeing people suffer the way I have suffered, and oh boy did that games platinum that I still do not have even after several years make me suffer at some points. Also, while I usually think milestones should be a way to either show off funny named trophies, or give good platinums a chance to shine that are not quite rare enough for the limited cabinet space, I gotta say that the 50th and 100th plats are very special milestones. I can understand the desire to have an impressive plat there rather than just another comfort pick, even if it means that the platinum in question appears up to a somewhat wasteful 3 times on the profile page.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I voted for Demon's Souls :) Unfortunately I couldn't play it yet, have been waiting for a remaster... But I think it would be a great fit for the milestone! The very first installment of a very influencial series. 

Personally I didn't enjoy Persona 5 past the first 40 or so hours, it was just not my cup of tea just wen on and on and on... And Super Meat Boy will hopefully be displayed in your Trophy Cabinet and will also be part of the "Rarest Trophies" section anyways :D 

I didn't even consider that SMB would get all that publicity anyways ? Thanks for the input on Persona 5! If I recall correctly Persona 4 Golden was the same way, but I loved the characters, don't know if P5 cast is up to par haha! 

Pretty cool that you’re approaching 100 platinums. My own personal target is 75 before PS5 but that may be a tad ambitious for me. As @Arcesius says I think Demon’s Souls would be a good fit. I also haven’t played it but it’s the starting point in a very influential series. I like the concept of acknowledging the milestone too. 

• Like 3

Demon Souls.

This was my first Souls plat and is still my most memorable. It's the first game that I can remember really feeling like I'd beaten a game that should not have been beaten. 

I don't know but it was personally a gaming highlight and I would strongly recommend it to anyone else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

I voted for Super Meat Boy because I am a sadistic jerk who enjoys seeing people suffer the way I have suffered, and oh boy did that games platinum that I still do not have even after several years make me suffer at some points. Also, while I usually think milestones should be a way to either show off funny named trophies, or give good platinums a chance to shine that are not quite rare enough for the limited cabinet space, I gotta say that the 50th and 100th plats are very special milestones. I can understand the desire to have an impressive plat there rather than just another comfort pick, even if it means that the platinum in question appears up to a somewhat wasteful 3 times on the profile page.

You're just saving SMB for your 40th or 50th platinum milestone ? you got this bro! Based on the results as of now, it looks like I'll be understanding your pain lmao. As for milestones, I do agree that the 50th and 100th are special, and I wanted mine to be sentimental or challenging. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JIVe_____ said:

You're just saving SMB for your 40th or 50th platinum milestone 1f609.png you got this bro! Based on the results as of now, it looks like I'll be understanding your pain lmao. As for milestones, I do agree that the 50th and 100th are special, and I wanted mine to be sentimental or challenging. 

I would be lying if I said I didn't think about getting Super Meat Boy for my 50th plat, also thought about The Last Of Us 2 since my very first platinum is The Last Of Us 1.

Problem with Super Meat Boy is that I am not entirely sure I really have it in me, I got all ironman trophies except the last two, Girl Boy and Impossible Boy. The problem is that this last one has that name for a reason, as it is 10x harder than all the ironmans before it. Now with several games being incomplete on my list, most importantly the atrocity that is Outlast 2, I might just not bother seriously trying and take the easier route instead, who knows.

Super Meat Boy is definitely a monster in terms of platinum difficulty, I can think of very few games that have a similar difficulty and only one that is even harder, definitely the gem in most peoples cabinet if they manage to get it. Games amazing to play as well, even if the difficulty can be infuriating at times, it rarely is unfair but still requires insane precision.

• Like 4

I voted for Demon's Souls, because that's the game that got me into trophy hunting. But if you can do SMB, you should totally try that.

I ended up doing Resident Evil Revelations as my #100, but that game also made me almost quit gaming forever. Maybe you could go for SMB, but don't feel obligated to rush it or see it all the way through if you're having a rough time. There's a difference between being proud of a plat and being utterly disgusted by it.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

A non-heavily scripted video game that's not more concerned with narrative than gameplay and is a challenging one, would be fitting for your 100th. With Resident Evil 2 on your profile being incomplete, I'll recommend that.

• Like 1