Game/Trophy Thoughts

Killbomb

9 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Who cares bout the trophy images anyway. You cant do owt with them anyway apart from milestones and trophy cabinet. 

Well I do...and many others too. NFS16 had some juicy in-game renders with pretty angles...and what is this...? A goddamn gradient and a trophy cup icon.

I can live with those colors since they are trying to match "tHe AeStHeTiCs" but they could've at least replace the icons.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Well I do...and many others too. NFS16 had some juicy in-game renders with pretty angles...and what is this...? A goddamn gradient and a trophy cup icon.

I can live with those colors since they are trying to match "tHe AeStHeTiCs" but they could've at least replace the icons.

Why do you care tho is what im trying to say. Not a game seller for people if they were fantastic. Game looks good and trophies look easy enough. Could understand if you could have them as your avatar. Which im suprised sony has never done

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Why do you care tho is what im trying to say. Not a game seller for people if they were fantastic. Game looks good and trophies look easy enough. Could understand if you could have them as your avatar. Which im suprised sony has never done

Why does one care for trophies in the first place then...? Not saying that people shouldn't buy the game because of that (because I'll definitely give it a try sometime in the future).

I'm just saying that it's lazy af to publish something like that, even for a small indie company like EA :)

24 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Why does one care for trophies in the first place then...? Not saying that people shouldn't buy the game because of that (because I'll definitely give it a try sometime in the future).

I'm just saying that it's lazy af to publish something like that, even for a small indie company like EA :)

Because it gives you a sense of completion and you see more of a game that you wouldn't normally have seen if there was no trophies wether the tiles are impressive or not

4 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Because it gives you a sense of completion and you see more of a game that you wouldn't normally have seen if there was no trophies wether the tiles are impressive or not

...that...was a rhetorical question, explaining it to someone on this forum is rather redundant. Again, I'm just saying that images suck and that's a fact haha :) 

Ferrari: The Race Experience for PS3 had bland trophy tiles, but they were bronze, silver, gold and platinum at least.

This trophy list looks so similar to Payback. I never bothered to find all chips, jumps, etc. 

I won't pass because of the trophies, only that Payback really turned me off to NFS. I may get this on sale, though.

I agree that the trophy images are terrible and it’s a simple case of copy and paste but for me, I couldn’t care less about the images. It’s more so about the trophies themselves. Whether they possess a challenge or not and how many trophy points the game is worth. But looking at it at first glance, seems pretty simple enough with a couple of mp trophies which never has bothered me unlike a lot of people ? but will definitely pick this up when it’s cheaper

8 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Many trophy lists don’t require you to do much of anything in the game. And people were doing that stuff before trophies anyway. Hell sometimes you do something interesting in a game and there was no trophy even though there could’ve been one. 

17 hours ago, Killbomb said:

First thing that comes to my mind is "laziest tiles ever".

Absolutely shocking aren’t they. Even the cover tile is a joke. I mean how can you not even just put the games name on there? 

I know most will be like who cares, its just a visual thing and has no bearing on the game, but as you and others have eluded to, it’s just outright laziness. Lets hope for those that play this, the game is ok and that they have included more than one car, song, tree, building etc ? 

Eh, I'm fine with the trophy tiles. A Platinum is a Platinum.

I would keep an eye on "Don't Quit Your Day Job." If it's a Daily Challenge and based on EA's track record with daily/weekly events/challenges trophies, I would do this as soon as you get the game. It could potentially become unobtainable if EA suddenly stops with the Daily Challenge.

Nice little callback with the billboards trophy to Burnout Paradise.

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Many trophy lists don’t require you to do much of anything in the game. And people were doing that stuff before trophies anyway. Hell sometimes you do something interesting in a game and there was no trophy even though there could’ve been one. 

This makes me laugh. Do you think people would have played a playthrough of dishonored without killing anyone if there wasnt trophys or collected bout a million letters in gta 5. Would you have played scrats nutty adventure if it came without trophies. I doubt it to be honest

3 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

This makes me laugh. Do you think people would have played a playthrough of dishonored without killing anyone if there wasnt trophys or collected bout a million letters in gta 5. Would you have played scrats nutty adventure if it came without trophies. I doubt it to be honest

Yes, I would've as there aren't that many 3D platformers these days. Probably would've bought it later than I did (and given how glitchy it was I wish I did). But I would've bought it and played it. I did everything in all the Ghost Recon games prior to 2 and there weren't trophies or achievements for it on the original Xbox. I beat Halo CE and Halo 2 on legendary, got the skulls when there were no achievements for doing so. Tried to get good enough to beat the game without dying, but wasn't able to do anything beyond the first level of Halo CE. Don't presume to know me.

There are tons of people who do things without trophies. There's an entire community around speedrunning old games. And guess what, there's no trophy. And most of them know they'll never hold a real world record. There are also people who Nuzlocke Pokemon (I've done it myself) which setup different rules to make the games more challenging, and last I knew they had no trophies or achievements in any Pokemon game.

Did you start gaming where trophies/achievements had already existed? Because it certainly seems that way

• Like 4