Game/Trophy Thoughts

Killbomb

13 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Yes, I would've as there aren't that many 3D platformers these days. Probably would've bought it later than I did (and given how glitchy it was I wish I did). But I would've bought it and played it. I did everything in all the Ghost Recon games prior to 2 and there weren't trophies or achievements for it on the original Xbox. I beat Halo CE and Halo 2 on legendary, got the skulls when there were no achievements for doing so. Tried to get good enough to beat the game without dying, but wasn't able to do anything beyond the first level of Halo CE. Don't presume to know me.

There are tons of people who do things without trophies. There's an entire community around speedrunning old games. And guess what, there's no trophy. And most of them know they'll never hold a real world record. There are also people who Nuzlocke Pokemon (I've done it myself) which setup different rules to make the games more challenging, and last I knew they had no trophies or achievements in any Pokemon game.

Did you start gaming where trophies/achievements had already existed? Because it certainly seems that way

No i didn't. I grew up with snes, n64 and the ps2. But gotta admit i play these days for trophies but the game as got to be fun. These days are a different time. We kind of rely on trophies to get us through certain games. If trophies went tomorrow there would be some proper uproar. These days games have got so much content compared to say mario on the snes. Collecatables, side missions etc

Anyway are u getting the game or not or are u gonna be spending all your time speedrunning 90s mario ?

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

No i didn't. I grew up with snes, n64 and the ps2. But gotta admit i play these days for trophies but the game as got to be fun. These days are a different time. We kind of rely on trophies to get us through certain games. Up trophies went tomorrow there would be some proper uproar. These days games have got so much content compared to say mario on the snes. No collecatables, side missions etc

Anyway are u getting the game or not or are u gonna be spending all your time speedrunning 90s mario ?

Most people don't bother with trophies or achievements, but okay.

• Like 1

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, dannyswfc9 said:

This makes me laugh. Do you think people would have played a playthrough of dishonored without killing anyone if there wasnt trophys or collected bout a million letters in gta 5. Would you have played scrats nutty adventure if it came without trophies. I doubt it to be honest

It's like saying who would go for the gems in Crash, all the eggs in Spyro, all the tags in GTA:SA or an endless list of ps1 and ps2 games with collectables or challenges? I did, sure trophies give you a good sense of achievement when you do, but I also beat earned all the platinum relics in Crash Bandicoot 3 on PS1 well before I did it on ps4.

Trophies are a way to focus in on a challenge...... not the sole reason some of us accept the challenge.

In saying that, the trophy art sucks (you can't argue that - The Fallen Order is not much better IMO), but I don't spend every waking hour staring at trophy art for the games I have played... If the game is good who really cares about the trophy art?