EA remasters coming

snakebit10

I always thought it was an odd stance for EA to avoid making remasters since they always prove that they like money. Nice to see the reversal.

That being said...Mass Effect and Dead Space trilogies would be must buys for me. My dream is that they completely remake ME1 to match the rest of the trilogy's gameplay but that is likely a pipe dream. Dead Space still stands up really well. Also hoping that this might open the floodgates for other games EA has been sitting on for awhile, particularly old Bioware. Knights of the Old Republic and Jade Empire remasters / remakes please?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Add The Saboteur and Kingdoms of Amalur to the list - maybe they can strike a deal with THQNordic for Amalur

I had forgotten that Kingdoms of Amalur was published by EA. Definitely another game I wouldn't mind re-visiting. I can't tell you the first thing about the story of that game, but I loved the progression system. I remember restarting my character over and over to make use of the training masters, and ended up with the most awesome character ever.

59 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I'd be delighted at remasters for most of the Bioware catalogue. I would definitely play DA:O again, though I would also get mad when I found out they did nothing to repair any of the bugs. But honestly, I'd rather see DA2, particularly with all of its DLC in one place. I never much cared for "tactical pausing".

Tactical pausing certainly isn't for everyone.  I would hope doing one game would mean doing the other, and as quicker as DA2 was, combat wise, it doesn't hold a candle (in my mind) to the characters or story of DA:O.

I mostly hope for remasters of Dead Space because I wanna see new games in the series, so a release of remasters on current gen/ next gen consoles, if it sells well enough, might convince EA to revive the series. But i must admit, I am not that optimistic about it, unfortunately.

Edited by sillyrobo75
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vergil said:

I would like Lotr Conquest. So maybe just maybe get the servers back so i could get 100% for ps3 :)

I'd love this one too, but it absolutely wouldn't revive the servers for the original unfortunately, nor will a remaster for the game come at all IMO. The reason it went down in the first place is because they lost the rights to LOTR. 

I wouldn't mind the Crysis trilogy if they remove the online portion from 2 and 3. I have them on PS3, but after disabling the servers for 2 and 3 and making them unobtainable Plats I lost any will I had to play them. So it would be that much better if we got remasters without any online at all. 

As much as I love all 4 Mass Effect games...I'd pass on those. There's not a fiber in my being that ever wants to go through ME2 on Insanity again. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

I wouldn't mind the Crysis trilogy if they remove the online portion from 2 and 3. I have them on PS3, but after disabling the servers for 2 and 3 and making them unobtainable Plats I lost any will I had to play them. So it would be that much better if we got remasters without any online at all. 

Just went to the online services portion on EA’s website and Crysis 3’s not listed. MP could be dead, but it looks to be still obtainable. 

• Like 1

Please do both Battlefield Bad Companies and LOTR: Conquest. That is one of the games that I want to see brought back online alongside Ghostbusters and Portal 2 and with 

Ghostbusters having received a remaster, it would be great if I could also cross Conquest off the list.

Also want to see Burnout 3, Black, Fifa Street and their James Bond games if they remaster any of their PS2 games.

I can see them doing a remaster for Bad Company which would be great, until they come up with new innovative ideas for the next-gen battlefield.

I'd like to see a Def Jam remaster but probably unlikely or Black.

Black_cover_art.jpg

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

Don't get your hopes up, folks. This could mean a lot of things. This could mean that they're doing stuff for PC (like the Command & Conquer remaster), this could mean they only remaster their internally developed games. EA is so keen on keeping annual games, so it's likely that we won't see remasters of stuff like NFS. EA also treated their studios with contept, I just don't see a Dead Space remaster happening.

Maybe... MAYBE BioWare gets a go, as they are still a functional company with their assets kept well archived.

But even if we get remasters of the great trilogies of the previous generation, they'll likely be cheap outsorced touched-up ports. Maybe with added monetization and separate DLCs. Which is, okay, better than nothing, but... this is EA. This is still EA.

• Like 1