EA remasters coming

snakebit10

18 hours ago, Spaz said:

EA is responsible for butchering the Command & Conquer franchise, which was a pioneer for real time strategy games and ended Westwood Studios by giving them a big middle finger.

Then they went after Maxis after the massive success of The Sims. Every iteration of the franchise got worse, EA couldn't get their filthy hands away from Will Wright's company and Maxis's cash cow.

Then it was Viscereal Games. I still hold them responsible for turning Dead Space from a survival horror to a watered down co-op shooter that was Dead Space 3. Both that company and the franchise are dead and gone.

EA has killed off several studios. They crank out Madden, NHL, FIFA and NBA with the same shit every single year. EA deliberately made a monopoly with the NFL, nobody else can make a AA - AAA budget NFL game but EA. And people wonder why Madden is considered so boring and uninspired.

Bioware may be next, they're one of the few companies left who have held on. Most of the others have died and perished under EA. Which is pretty sad.

I dont think you're going to find many people to argue against this because it's the sad and pathetic truth.

I think what most are hoping for is a last hurrah on some old favorites and possibly a breath of life on a couple of stagnating series.

For example, a dead space trilogy would be a much loved fan service while a dragon age collection and mass effect trilogy would help revitalize the series. 

Both would go a long way with customers if they're perhaps looking to shed the title of one of the most hated companies in America?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Having only played a bit of 1, I've always wanted to try out the trilogy on next-gen consoles, so I'm excited.

Since we have been getting remasters on PS4 this is one I've always wanted. They looked good on PS3 so I know a fresh coat of paint would do them good. I've got the plat in Dead Space and Extraction and have at least played all the games through at least once. So yeah I would love it if they remaster Dead Space.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, Urban Strike and Need For Speed 4 please.

I honestly thought I was the only kid who played Desert Strike and Jungle Strike. 

They got pretty tough later on. Your helicopter was fragile and you have to fly to areas that were extremely dangerous. 

I played most of the old Need for Speed games. Great fun. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spaz said:

Then they went after Maxis after the massive success of The Sims. Every iteration of the franchise got worse, EA couldn't get their filthy hands away from Will Wright's company and Maxis's cash cow.

The Sims is such a disaster now, thanks to EA. It's still unbelievable to me how much of a downgrade The Sims 4 was compared to The Sims 3. I spent 30 minutes when I first got Sims 4 trying to find the neighborhood view only to find out the cheap blue schematic selection screen *was* the neighborhood view, then to find the intricate building tricks and neighborhood and lot customization from The Sims 3 that I fell in love with was just all gone... Don't worry though, The Sims 4 features more loading screens and sims are more wacky! Wow! Needless to say I immediately uninstalled The Sims 4 and went back to playing Sims 3.

I remember in the early 2000's when EA had an incredible portfolio of highly talented studios, they dominated the industry, and many of the games I bought were EA. The EA of today doesn't care about the talent of their studios and has successfully destroyed everything it touches.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Apparently the only EA title I played and owned is the one I’d love to have updated: Black and White.

Most of the titles mentioned here I’ve heard of but either only saw some friends play at their place or read about over the years.

Man, Black and White.

I remember buying that when it first came out because my brother told me how amazing it was going to be.

I really enjoyed playing it but it was such a buggy mess I didn't get very far :(

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I dont think you're going to find many people to argue against this because it's the sad and pathetic truth.

For example, a dead space trilogy would be a much loved fan service while a dragon age collection and mass effect trilogy would help revitalize the series. 

Well, Dead Space isn't a coop shooter, and the franchise isn't dead and gone, unlike certain IPs that are definitely not getting revived or revisited, ever. Dead Space is more like being held in storage, and Resident Evil 5 is an example of a coop shooter, as the coop is mandatory and integral to the core gameplay.

3 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Having only played a bit of 1, I've always wanted to try out the trilogy on next-gen consoles, so I'm excited.

The trilogy is worth experiencing first on consoles/PC. Remasters are always known to mess some things up graphically (in addition to introducing brand new glitches) even with the improvements that come alongside them. I can't imagine what areas of Dead Space could be ruined because of things like added or increased lighting/contrast in formerly darker areas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Well, Dead Space isn't a coop shooter, and the franchise isn't dead and gone, unlike certain IPs that are definitely not getting revived or revisited, ever. Dead Space is more like being held in storage, 

Visceral games is defunct, the studio is gone.  While there's always a chance Dead Space can be revived by other developers, it's a safe bet to currently consider it dead and gone.

Edit - Army of Two (EA Montreal) could be considered in storage and would be another good trilogy for them to revive

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

Looking at the list of possible EA remasters coming out, is a sad reminder on how badass EA used to be. ?

Ironically, I remember a few years ago EA was dead set against citing "concentrating on the future" or something like that taking a jab at other publishers.

8 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Visceral games is defunct, the studio is gone.  While there's always a chance Dead Space can be revived by other developers, it's a safe bet to currently consider it dead and gone.

Betting on something possibly being true and claiming something to be true are two different things. Betting is essentially speculation, so it'd make things simple and easier to just respect the actual situation rather than treating headcanon as fact.