snakebit10

EA remasters coming

158 posts in this topic

one thing to remember about remastered. Most of the time they are out sourced to other studios. So if the studio is closed, it doesn't mean we won't get a remaster.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 2:12 AM, Spaz said:

 

EA is responsible for butchering the Command & Conquer franchise, which was a pioneer for real time strategy games and ended Westwood Studios by giving them a big middle finger.

 

It's funny that their most interesting remasters at the moment are... Command & Conquer games. xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like if they remastered some older ps2 games. It's always nice when ps2 games get some love.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dead Space trilogy, Dante's Inferno & Medal of Honor's please

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

 

Betting on something possibly being true and claiming something to be true are two different things. Betting is essentially speculation, so it'd make things simple and easier to just respect the actual situation rather than treating headcanon as fact. 

 

Well then, if you want to be literal, respect the actual situation.  EA interfered with Dead Space 3, changed the direction of the series, and then shut down the studio that made it. 

 

It is currently dead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LucienNL said:

Dead Space trilogy, Dante's Inferno & Medal of Honor's please

I forgot about Dante's Inferno! I'd love if they remastered that game. I never played it on PS3 but always wanted to.  

 

If I recall that game was pretty popular when it came out, so a remaster could happen maybe.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

 

Well then, if you want to be literal, respect the actual situation.  EA interfered with Dead Space 3, changed the direction of the series, and then shut down the studio that made it. 

 

It is currently dead.

 

It's not about being literal, it's simply about the truth. None of those three points supports the theory that the series is "dead", and other game series have returned under all those circumstances, plus more.

 

It is currently not "dead"; it's inactive. Why bother with words if they're going to be used incorrectly.

Edited by EcoShifter
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EcoShifter said:

 

It's not about being literal, it's simply about the truth. None of those three points supports the theory that the series is "dead", and other game series have returned under all those circumstances, plus more.

 

It is currently not "dead"; it's inactive. Why bother with words if they're going to be used incorrectly.

 

Good grief, you're one of those people.. 

 

Go ahead and keep playing the semantics game.  Any dead/dormant/inactive series can be revived if the devs come back together or the rights get transferred, but until then, studio is shut down - it's dead Jim.

2 hours ago, The_Snooze said:

I forgot about Dante's Inferno! I'd love if they remastered that game. I never played it on PS3 but always wanted to.  

 

If I recall that game was pretty popular when it came out, so a remaster could happen maybe.

 

Dante's inferno was bashed ad a god of war clone, but had an awesome story. In fact, I think there was a trilogy originally planned - would be great to get a sequel

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Good grief, you're one of those people.. 

 

Go ahead and keep playing the semantics game.  Any dead/dormant/inactive series can be revived if the devs come back together or the rights get transferred, but until then, studio is shut down - it's dead Jim.

 

Sigh, i'm not going to bother with that constant-negatively misguided mentality people like you develop from seeing a person who prefers to be formal and use words as intended outside special cases like hyperbole and figurative language.

 

It's not semantics. There's an obvious difference between a dead and inactive franchise. One can clearly still be revisited because there are no plans to actually abandon the series, whereas the other will clearly have a franchise never be revisited because sales were abysmal or studios officially announced they no longer plan to support the franchise but still keep the IP. It's not like you stated it in a hyperbolic way, you legitimately think you know it's dead, which it's not.

 

"Likelihood of not coming back" (which is insane to think about for the very popular and very inspiring Dead Space series, especially with how great the horror genre is doing lately, plus changing mentalities within studios, even and including EA) is not synonymous with "dead".

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was no point in continuing this past the part where you claimed that the developers being shut down doesn't support that the franchise is currently dead.

 

Developer shut down ✔

Online servers shuttered ✔

No franchise activity in years ✔

 

Argue against the facts all you want, I'm finished this nonsense

 

Edit: just because a series is dead, doesnt mean it cant be revived by another developer if they get the rights transferred. That appears to be your main point of confusion, but whatever 

Edited by AJ_-_808
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.10.2019 at 4:18 PM, snakebit10 said:

Mass Effect trilogy

Uhm, nope.

 

img_0481ygk7a.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice to see some kind of EA classics collection maybe?

Command & Conquer, Command & Conquer : Red Alert, Road Rash, Desert Strike spring to mind. I used to love those games.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

There was no point in continuing this past the part where you claimed that the developers being shut down doesn't support that the franchise is currently dead.

 

Developer shut down 2714.png

Online servers shuttered 2714.png

No franchise activity in years 2714.png

 

Argue against the facts all you want, I'm finished this nonsense 

 

 

Yes there clearly was, as you had still boldly claimed your opinion as a fact, with false support. There's pure evidence of other franchise being picked up by other studios, so the point I claimed is obviously fine.

 

The second of those three point is false (literally playing DS3 online with a random right now—can provide their PSN if needed), and the rest only supports the fact that the series is inactive, not wholly dead. To claim the series is precisely dead is simply stupid, especially since series have been revisited with new devs/pubs and larger gaps than 6yrs (DS3: 2013-2019). Until you provide evidence that supports the series truly being dead (like EA saying "they see no future for Dead Space" or something along those lines), then it's simply not dead. 😐

Edited by EcoShifter
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I care about is Mass Effect. Don't want to dust off my PS3 just to play those again.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

All I care about is Mass Effect. Don't want to dust off my PS3 just to play those again.

 

I know what you mean. I've been wanting to go back and try to plat ME3, but I think I will wait and see if Mass Effect trilogy is in fact going to be remastered. If so I'll just do it on PS4.

2 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Uhm, nope.

 

img_0481ygk7a.jpg

 

I have them all on PS3, but would love to play them on this gen. Especially 2, since I consider that one of the best games last gen.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

 

I know what you mean. I've been wanting to go back and try to plat ME3, but I think I will wait and see if Mass Effect trilogy is in fact going to be remastered. If so I'll just do it on PS4.

 

I have them all on PS3, but would love to play them on this gen. Especially 2, since I consider that one of the best games last gen.

Yes. It'd be nice to have a 60 FPS version of the ME Trilogy for the PS4, especially with improved textures (like the ALOT mods for the PC versions) and 4K.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn!

 

That really sucks because I have already got platinums for Dead Space 1 & 2 and got the one and only online trophy on Mass Effect 3, meaning I have already started both series on ps3. I would really love to see remasters for both series, but before I start them. I don't see myself playing them because of my policy of not playing the same game twice.

 

I don't really like having dublicate trophy lists and I also don't like playing games with no trophy value for my account. I'm trapped by own ideology.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Uhm, nope.

 

img_0481ygk7a.jpg

What does this post even mean? We shouldn't have a remaster because you own the 360 versions? smh

Edited by Alos88
posted too quickly by accident
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Klart said:

Fingers crossed for General Chaos.

 

Now THAT brings back memories 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 0:20 PM, starcrunch061 said:

 

I'd be delighted at remasters for most of the Bioware catalogue. I would definitely play DA:O again, though I would also get mad when I found out they did nothing to repair any of the bugs. But honestly, I'd rather see DA2, particularly with all of its DLC in one place. I never much cared for "tactical pausing".

 

The Glitched Trophy for kills reset every time you installed new DLC. If you the game comes with all the dlc included I think you would be ok. I don't remember their being many bugs other then that.

Please note that I started playing it after 2013 so they may have fixed bugs before I started playing it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SKATE, SKATE 2, SKATE 3!

MIRROR’S EDGE!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My list,

 

Need For Speed Underground 1

Need For Speed Underground 2

Need For Speed Carbon

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit

Need For Speed The Run

 

The Saboteur

 

Dead Space 1-2-3-Extraction

 

The Mass Effect 1-2-3

 

The Sims 3-Pets

 

Fight Nigh Champion

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jeckert82 said:

The Glitched Trophy for kills reset every time you installed new DLC. If you the game comes with all the dlc included I think you would be ok. I don't remember their being many bugs other then that.

Please note that I started playing it after 2013 so they may have fixed bugs before I started playing it.

 

Well, Traveller was glitched early on, though that might have been fixed. Back when people were racing to finish early, it annoyed so many people that it bugged on them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.