Can't seem to join private games.

KnightAtomic

This happens a lot, if I try and join public games then there is no problem but as soon as I try and join one of my friends games or invite them over for a game then nothing works at all. I honestly have no idea what could be wrong. I am a plus member and my internet at home is working fine, as I said it is only when I try to play a private game and only on the PS4.
So far I have tried:

Crash team racing
Conan exiles
Watchdogs 2

I don't know why it does this, again I can play with friends fine if we happen to be in the same game but I can't invite them. is this a known problem? 

EDIT: My NAT connection is NAT3 I have no idea if that is good or bad when related to my case or what I should have or if I can change it.

Edited by KnightAtomic

15 minutes ago, KnightAtomic said:

So I checked my NAT connection and it looks like I have NAT3, again I have no idea if this is good or bad.

NAT 3 is the worst one you can have, because then you can only join other people who also have NAT 3. NAT 2 is the best one with NAT 1 being the middle ground. To get out of this, you need to put your console into your Router's DMZ so it will be placed outside of the Firewall and allowed to communicate freely with PSN.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

If that doesn't give you NAT 2, then you will have to manually login to your Router and fiddle around with the DMZ settings.

I honestly think I will try that first. Thanks either way, this has been driving me crazy for months, maybe now I can actually fix it.

Edited by KnightAtomic
  • Like 1