(PS3/PS4) Servers Shutdown January 31, 2020

dottyduke1

This is for the updated SingStar on PS3 and PS4 (the one with the red boxed logo).

"As of 31st January, 2020, 23.59GMT, the SingStore servers will be shut down. All online functionality, network features, and digital music downloads will be immediately disabled. You will still be able to play and enjoy these games in offline mode.

The following functionality will still be playable in offline mode:

·      Play songs on physical discs

·      Play digital songs that have previously been purchased and downloaded to the hard-drive

·      PS4 users only will also be able to re-download previously downloaded and deleted songs. Note this is not possible for PS3 / PS2 users, where if a downloaded song is deleted, it cannot be re-downloaded

·      Play Party Mode

·      Track and record high scores offline

·      Take and store videos and snapshots onto your PlayStation hard drive

·      Create song playlists

From January 31, 2020 online functionality will be affected in the following ways:

·      Purchasing or downloading new songs will not be possible or available

·      You will not be able to view, upload or interact with any online user generated content (UGC)

·      You will not be able to share recorded media at the end of a performance on any of the available public sharing platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, PSN or SingStar community)

·      You will not be able to track and record high scores online

·      You will not be able to complete online challenges

You will not be able to unlock the following trophies:

·      Channel surfer

·      Concert debut

·      Stars in my eyes

·      SingStar™"

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Edited by dottyduke1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, KTILLA23 said:

Is there any songs i should buy now to make this plat easier before all the dlc gets taken down?

most of the songs that would make it easier are already taken down and impossible to buy. So don't even bother because at this point Singstar physical games will rather help you.

• Like 1

Just now, Alex_Hedgehog said:

most of the songs that would make it easier are already taken down and impossible to buy. So don't even bother because at this point Singstar physical games will rather help you.

Alright. Are the songs on disc hard to get the platinum with? I doubt i can do the singing legit 

4 minutes ago, Alex_Hedgehog said:

Depends on the game you've got. The only disc I've had is "Dance" and I think that you can get most of the trophies easily in that one.

Ok thank you i might just knock out the online in the ps4 versions then get the Dance disc later on. Thank you!

Edited by KTILLA23

2 minutes ago, KTILLA23 said:

Ok thank you i might just knock out the online in the ps4 versions then get the Dance disc later on. Thank you!

No problem, just be beware that (sadly) ps3 discs won't work with ps4 Singstar but there's little you can do about that since ps4 version was already kinda dead when it came out

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ackerman_Ievi said:

Can I get the mp trophies without a camera?

Nope, you need to get a camera for those trophies. I had to ask a friend. I did everything in about 5minutes (one song).

I would recommend getting “Daddy Cool” to make this platinum easier, if you’re playing on PS4. It’s the easiest song to get 100% rank, even for men without any vocal skills.

I used Dancing Queen to farm Vibrato seconds naturally :) but I think any other song will do.

I hate that they are shutting it down but I thought Sony had already shut most of the game down (a lot of the songs not being available from the store). Probably the other important thing to note or wonder is if the SingStar Mic will be pulled from Android or iTunes before or after the shutdown.

This may be a dumb question, but do the songs purchased/downloaded on the US store work for the EU version? There's actually 4 stacks for this game (PS3 US, PS3 EU, PS4 US, and PS4 EU). If you really f'n love singing, may as well get the Platinum?

Also, keep in mind that the game doesn't use trophies until you have 10 songs in your collection. So buy SingStar Celebration or start downloading/buying tracks.

Edited by POEman553

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

This may be a dumb question, but do the songs purchased/downloaded on the US store work for the EU version? There's actually 4 stacks for this game (PS3 US, PS3 EU, PS4 US, and PS4 EU). If you really f'n love singing, may as well get the Platinum?

Also, keep in mind that the game doesn't use trophies until you have 10 songs in your collection. So buy SingStar Celebration or start downloading/buying tracks.

Hello man. i did upload my media after finishing my song and no trophy is popped. anything missed? 

22 hours ago, POEman553 said:

OK, I confirmed that US purchased content works for the UK version/download. Awesome!

You just need to make sure the songs are available on both systems 

Some PS3 Singstar songs in PSN store do not transfer to PS4 version 

We should make a list of the best 10 songs to each #1 that are still available on the store 

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/10/2019 at 6:32 PM, dottyduke1 said:

This is for the updated SingStar on PS3 and PS4 (the one with the red boxed logo).

"As of 31st January, 2020, 23.59GMT, the SingStore servers will be shut down. All online functionality, network features, and digital music downloads will be immediately disabled. You will still be able to play and enjoy these games in offline mode.

The following functionality will still be playable in offline mode:

·      Play songs on physical discs

·      Play digital songs that have previously been purchased and downloaded to the hard-drive

·      PS4 users only will also be able to re-download previously downloaded and deleted songs. Note this is not possible for PS3 / PS2 users, where if a downloaded song is deleted, it cannot be re-downloaded

·      Play Party Mode

·      Track and record high scores offline

·      Take and store videos and snapshots onto your PlayStation hard drive

·      Create song playlists

From January 31, 2020 online functionality will be affected in the following ways:

·      Purchasing or downloading new songs will not be possible or available

·      You will not be able to view, upload or interact with any online user generated content (UGC)

·      You will not be able to share recorded media at the end of a performance on any of the available public sharing platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, PSN or SingStar community)

·      You will not be able to track and record high scores online

·      You will not be able to complete online challenges

You will not be able to unlock the following trophies:

·      Channel surfer

·      Concert debut

·      Stars in my eyes

·      SingStar2122.png"

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

i played some of it, not great at singing but trophy list doest seem hard just grindy af. good thing is online trophies are easy af and only 3 of them bronze, for perform 400 songs, do i need to actually have 400 songs on my library or i can just replay the same one i got over and over with turbo and mic to speaker of tv???

6 minutes ago, black_opREADYf1 said:

i played some of it, not great at singing but trophy list doest seem hard just grindy af. good thing is online trophies are easy af and only 3 of them bronze, for perform 400 songs, do i need to actually have 400 songs on my library or i can just replay the same one i got over and over with turbo and mic to speaker of tv???

You can play the same song over and over again, but you need to have 10 songs already in your collection for trophies to work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This took me a while to figure out, but some of the songs I had bought in the past were not accessible anymore. In-game, if I went to them, it would say "Unavailable" where you could previously purchase or download them. When I went to the Playstation store, they were completely delisted any were unable to be searched for. However, after scrolling through my "Download List" on the PSN Store website, I found them and had the option to download to PS4. I think I'll resume working on this platinum now before the situation gets any worse. 

Edited by spacey_dweeb

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2019 at 2:13 PM, Shadiochao said:

I don't really use my PS3 anymore but I hope this means they'll remove it from the home screen

Well they finally did it, lol

The servers shut down early. The game is completely delisted off every platform and all songs are no longer available for purchase.

If you bought any, they will be saved in your service list. The game once deleted can never be redownloaded, thus, making the plat completely unobtainable on PS3.

21 minutes ago, Winterglemm said:

the fucking shut down the servers early lmao

also accidentally ended up buying a PS3 only song that i did not have time to download to my ps3, so that's one and a half euros wasted forever lol

What made you think it was a good idea to save it until the very last day to buy the songs and try to download them?

• Like 1