(PS3/PS4) Servers Shutdown January 31, 2020

dottyduke1

I managed to obain every online trophy, in every stack. I did the online trophies on PS4 EU version first with the Ultimate Party disc but I decided to buy myself some extra songs and I did all online trophies for PS4 NA and PS3 NA/EU. This is weird since I'm normally NOT a fan of stacking platinums. It truly sucked that many songs I love and know by heart have been delisted before the servers went down. Oh well...

I ordered an used disc copy of the original Singstar PS3 for more songs to play! I may get Singstar Celebration NA version to add songs while platinum PS4 NA, since the songs in Ultimate Party EU disc aren't detectable in NA version, only downloaded songs are detected. Truly, the PS4 Singstar is inferior due to the lack of PS2 / PS3 Singstar discs support.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

I did the online for PS4 NA/EU and PS3 NA but strangely couldn't find PS3 EU on my UK account (it seemed to have disappear). Great, I get to attempt to sing Crowded House songs/Spice Up Your Life/stuff from SingStar Celebration/Amazing Grace/Pop Muzik until I get the Platinum. Can't be that bad.

14 hours ago, Winterglemm said:

the fucking shut down the servers early lmao

also accidentally ended up buying a PS3 only song that i did not have time to download to my ps3, so that's one and a half euros wasted forever lol

Ask for a refund? Maybe they'll be so stupid to accept your request lmao.

2 hours ago, pewiha said:

Did it disappear automatically? I want to play Singstar longer, am I not longer able to play?

Yup, just like PlayStation Home years ago :)

Edited by Lance_87

15 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Well they finally did it, lol

The servers shut down early. The game is completely delisted off every platform and all songs are no longer available for purchase.

If you bought any, they will be saved in your service list. The game once deleted can never be redownloaded, thus, making the plat completely unobtainable on PS3.

Welcome to the shitty future of digital games.

• Like 4

Goodnight, sweet XMB icon that I never wanted on my PS3. May flights of hell-harpies (those guys get a bad rap; they're at least more likeable than Nina Scherer) sing thee to thy rest. 

giphy.gif

Edited by AK-1138
Keep in mind this does not imply that Steam are a bunch of hell-harpies... or does it?
  • Like 1

Just to clarify a few things...

1. On PS3, only the SingStar 'shortcut' icon has been removed from the XMB.  If you downloaded the actual game then this is still present.

2. If you delete the game on PS3, or your game data, or switch to a new console, it's not possible to re-download the game or songs.  Unlike other DLC, they don't appear in your download list and SingStore shut down they can no longer be re-loaded in game.

3. On PS4, the game remains in your library, and all DLC previously purchased remains accessible.

4. Not all songs released on PS3 were made available on PS4 due to licensing restrictions, but those that did have cross-buy entitlements which remain in effect.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Just want to confirm that the DLC tracks and game does indeed save to the PS4 Library, as I managed to redownload it to a different PS4 System just yesterday.

PS3 versions can still be downloaded, at least for NA, but all Songs are no longer available to download, so you will need either a PS2 Disk or one of the last PS3 XMB-compatibility releases.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666