Game + Trophy Thoughts?

SwageBunny082

I kind of wonder if this game will become a collectors item in the future considering the whole COPPA mess with kids content and ads freaking everybody out recently. His youtube channel is probably one of the most textbook examples of what could be considered exploitative kids content, and if COPPA is as bad as it claims channels like that will be in huge trouble. I can totally see this game going out of print and being pulled from shelves really fast if the kids family gets sued into oblivion due to the new ftc rules.

• 3 months later...

Prior to trying the game out, I had no clue who this Ryan kid was. I don’t have kids yet, so I’d never heard of him. With most Kart Racing games having very bright and kid friendly covers anyway, I just saw a Kart Racing game and thought, ‘I’ll try that’. 

But after a few minutes of searching around, I found out a bunch about this kid, and at first I felt bad for the poor little guy, because he is clearly being exploited. 

That feeling of “poor little guy” soon disappeared when I started the game and found myself confronted with the hell-spawn’s face every time I picked up or used a power up. 

To be honest the game is competent. Don’t get me wrong, I hated every minute of it due to the darn Ryan kid. But gameplay wise, it’s not too bad, I’ve certainly played a lot worse Kart Racers.

Remove every trace of Ryan and add in a decent bunch of tracks, and better AI. I think you’d have a rather decent Kart Racer for everyone to enjoy.

The tracks are well crafted, the power ups are fun and work well without being over/under powered. I really do think the devs could have made a pretty well-rounded and enjoyable game had it not been for Ryan.

As it stands the spawn of Satan is by far the worst part of the game, his face, his voice.. even his name “Ryan” now sends chills down my spine.

As I said earlier, the gameplay isn’t too bad. But every 5 seconds you either hear Ryan say something in his ‘Nails on a chalkboard’ voice, or see a creepy nightmarish image of him pop up in the bottom corner. Then when you finish the race, you get the greatest gift of all. A video clip of the Demon himself badly reading something off a teleprompter before awkwardly striking some hideous pose.

It took exactly 3 hours of gameplay to get the platinum (play for 3 hours trophy was my last), and I feel like it was so much longer. 

I feel like Ryan has devoured a large portion of my soul, and have no doubt he will haunt my nightmares until the day I die.

But at least I have my shiny new platinum I can wear like a badge of honour...

(on a completely unrelated note, how do I hide games from my trophy list?)

Edited by GizMo_The_Great
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 19/06/2020 at 11:03 PM, NathanielJohn said:

Does this game lock up during loading screens constantly for everyone else? This 3 hour platinum is going to be more like 5 for me since it keeps locking up after I do 3 races of a cup, making me start over.

same here, no problem during all easy cups, but critical bug each time during loading screen between 1st and 2nd race of pizza cup medium difficulty

now i have set up ps4 langage system to english, disconnect ps4 from internet, and not skip too fast the result screens after each race, and no more bug during loading screen so far

have also to say that those critical bugs during loading screen were just before i unlock the 30mn drift trophy, so maybe after got this trophy there is no bug anymore... hope so

• 5 months later...